SC 2016 - My Team (Pre-NAB Challenge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are so many people picking Aish, I just can't see him averaging anywhere near the 80+ he would need to justify his selection.
ChampionData had this to say about Aish:
Aish was originally touted as a possible top-three pick before the 2013 season began, however, there has always been the concern that he was too outside and could be easily shutdown at AFL level.

Against Vic Country, Aish was completely shut out of the game by fellow draftee Billy Hartung, keeping him to just three disposals. This highlighted our concerns over the No.7 draft pick, and there still remains doubt over whether he will be the player Collingwood hopes him to be.
So that's a no to Aish from me.

Anyone have thoughts on my team as it currently stands?

I'm tight on cash so if an expensive rookie jumps out in the nab, I might be downgrading to fund some rookie upgrades.

Structure is pretty much set in stone, it's just personnel I'll be pissing around with.

Parker v Shiel, Smith v Malceski, Bartel v Kolodjashnij and Zorko v Dahlhaus are the main ones.
Structure looks the goods. :thumbsu:

McVeigh (underdone in preseason to date), Simpson (going to get more attention than ever this year) and Zorko (appears to have little upside) would be my main concerns from the top $$ selections.

Do not like the Cockatoo selection, but plenty of others are with you in choosing him. He isn't guaranteed of game time in the midfield and sucks at SC. He has the worst kick rating of any player in the competition with at least 10 games. Pass.

ChampionData had this to say about Aish:

So that's a no to Aish from me.
CD also says he's ranked 2nd worst in kick rating of the AFL's top 400 players, a massive concern for someone who gets most of their possessions on the outside and uncontested.

Love the team, but that's probably because the structure is similar to mine.

Jealous of Goldstein and Martin, but downgrading Goldy is how I managed to squeeze another premo into the mids.

6201e64bb868d91754bd3e0c729ea995.jpg
2dea64898de9cf6802684d19e00ef6cb.jpg

I'm tight on cash so if an expensive rookie jumps out in the nab, I might be downgrading to fund some rookie upgrades.

Structure is pretty much set in stone, it's just personnel I'll be pissing around with.

Parker v Shiel, Smith v Malceski, Bartel v Kolodjashnij and Zorko v Dahlhaus are the main ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You'll have to burn a few too many trades without getting enough cash generation IMO.

Daniel wells is another smokey that could do anything this year...
Yep, a hamstring, calf, knee, foot, Quad, ankle....A combination perhaps?

Disclaimer - I wish none of those things actually happen, but I won't fall over in shock if they do.

You'll have to burn a few too many trades without getting enough cash generation IMO.

How do you figure that? I see 15 keepers which = only 7 upgrades required & still plenty of rookies that will make money. The risk is whether KK/Yeo become keepers, but the structure looks fine to me.

CD also says he's ranked 2nd worst in kick rating of the AFL's top 400 players, a massive concern for someone who gets most of their possessions on the outside and uncontested.

That's a bit deceptive as he had leg issues (not bad enough to keep him out, but would have affected his kicking) in his second year. Wasn't bad in his first year.

I've seen it :thumbsu:

Have a sense of humour ;)
I've got a great sense of humour, tell them dlanod - I'm a really funny krump - I just lack the emojis of @juddmagic - speaking of which, do we dare wake the sleeping beast! :D:D:D:thumbsu::thumbsu::D:D:p:thumbsu::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the team, but that's probably because the structure is similar to mine.

Jealous of Goldstein and Martin, but downgrading Goldy is how I managed to squeeze another premo into the mids.

6201e64bb868d91754bd3e0c729ea995.jpg
2dea64898de9cf6802684d19e00ef6cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Backs- Keep an eye on Mcveigh. Besides that can't really fault.

Like your mid premos -Ablett. Football god, but 32 or something now and coming off injury. I'll be waiting to see myself, will surely drop his average. Although i've said that before and been proven wrong.

Forwards decent. Probably don't need Cockatoo and Curnow in there. Can squeeze some cash out of them, i'd only pick one if you really wanted them and use the 50k to go Ablett to Fyfe.

Just my opinions though.

Yeah but if you're new and you have NFI what exactly are you supposed to post except "here's my team guys, what do you think"?

A lot of new people won't post advice to others because they know they'll get shot down by the regulars.

Gotta agree with this. I am a relative newbie (last year was my first) and I had no idea of protocol.

I agree guys shouldn't just come in here and seek help without reciprocating, but I think the message can be delivered a tad softer. I was initially a bit intimidated to post my opinions last year bc of the pushback- until I realised I don't GAF, plus- I'm bloody good at this shit.... As my 35k finish last year is testament to! :drunk: :thumbsu:

DEF: R. Laird - J. Bartel - E. Yeo - B. Smith - R. Rookie - R. Rookie (R. Rookie - R. Rookie)

MID: S. Pendlebury - G. Ablett - R. Gray - T. Rockliff - T. Liberatore - B. Crouch - R. Rookie - R. Rookie (R. Rookie - R. Rookie - R. Rookie)

RUCK: M. Blicavs - N. Naitanui (R. Rookie)

FWD: D. Martin - L. Dahlhaus - H. Bennel - C. Wingard - R. Rookie - R. Rookie (R. Rookie - R. Rookie)

This side could give me 14 keepers + Libba and Crouch, and still enough cash left over to average $125k on each rookie place which will be decided as the season draws closer.

Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated!

Yeah but if you're new and you have NFI what exactly are you supposed to post except "here's my team guys, what do you think"?

A lot of new people won't post advice to others because they know they'll get shot down by the regulars.

They did manage to put together a SC team though. Unless auto-filled, surely they have some opinions on the players they picked and thoughts on players they didn't pick or consider? This isn't the only thread on the BF SC forum for new posters to post on/contribute something to.

Your English is worst than mine too. :cool::p

I hope KP doesn't see that. He'll have a stroke!!! :eek::thumbsu:

BTW good to see you guys again. Hope everyone had great and safe Hols.:rainbow:
Never been one to acknowledge the spelliban :)

DEF: R. Laird - J. Bartel - E. Yeo - B. Smith - R. Rookie - R. Rookie (R. Rookie - R. Rookie)

MID: S. Pendlebury - G. Ablett - R. Gray - T. Rockliff - T. Liberatore - B. Crouch - R. Rookie - R. Rookie (R. Rookie - R. Rookie - R. Rookie)

RUCK: M. Blicavs - N. Naitanui (R. Rookie)

FWD: D. Martin - L. Dahlhaus - H. Bennel - C. Wingard - R. Rookie - R. Rookie (R. Rookie - R. Rookie)

This side could give me 14 keepers + Libba and Crouch, and still enough cash left over to average $125k on each rookie place which will be decided as the season draws closer.

Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated!

Personally I'm not sold on Yeo, Blicavs or Dahlhaus, the latter may spend some time up forward with Libba back in the team, but I do like your structure.

If you get a few rookies under 125k I would use the extra funds to upgrade Blicavs to at least a Jacobs type, or Goldy if you can afford it.

Me below, Im going through a Tippett phase, next week it might be Buddy or Greene but I might hold off making any more changes until we see some NAB action....

.... ah feck who am I kidding, I'll see you all on Monday with my new team :)

sc-r1.jpg

Attachments

• sc-r1.jpg
    sc-r1.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 8
Me below, Im going through a Tippett phase, next week it might be Buddy or Greene but I might hold off making any more changes until we see some NAB action....

View attachment 212820
I like it, very similar to my team haha - Bartel and Malceski vs. Rampe and Yeo the only difference in premos and mid pricers.

Last edited:
Personally I'm not sold on Yeo, Blicavs or Dahlhaus, the latter may spend some time up forward with Libba back in the team, but I do like your structure.

If you get a few rookies under 125k I would use the extra funds to upgrade Blicavs to at least a Jacobs type, or Goldy if you can afford it.

View attachment 212820
Tippettmania is growing in these parts. I think he is just going to be the same as most key forwards - have a big one every now and again with a few quiet ones thrown in. If you are starting the year with them then you are backing in their average so I see it as a solid investment. Just not for me. Would rather just pick them up for the same price after a 60 game or two are thrown in over a 2-3 week period.

Rest of the team is good. For what its worth I am going with Malceski again. I think there are a few cases of players coming to new clubs and needing a while to integrate and understand their new surroundings and teammates. Last year was a shitstorm for GCS, the worst year you could probably imagine for Eski to come in, so Im picking him on the fact that he has to score better after having a year in their system and with better players around him.

Cant really fault the rest of the premo picks, all safe bets, including Barlow who I reckon was playing under duress a bit last year as well as at the mercy of the coaches and his positioning.

I suppose one thing to note is the number of rookie listed players on your bench, however you have the money to fix this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back