Ricky_15

Team Captain
Jul 5, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
south dragons
Been watching this guys highlights on youtube.

Looks like a champ. Great long left foot kick who has some pace off a lead. Great accuracy infront of goal and looks ready to play AFL as he has alot more muscle on his frame than majority of the KPP in this draft.

If hes availible we have to take him.

Anyone else really want Schoenmakers?

yes sir! i would really like him, get a set of twin tower's down their with Watt/Shoey throw in Miller, Bate, Robbo (for a couple more years) and have Wonna/Davey as crumber's that could be a really solid forward line. I think Miller could actually be quite a decent 3rd tall.

yes sir! i would really like him, get a set of twin tower's down their with Watt/Shoey throw in Miller, Bate, Robbo (for a couple more years) and have Wonna/Davey as crumber's that could be a really solid forward line. I think Miller could actually be quite a decent 3rd tall.
Don't forget Maric as well - the little sharpshooter. :thumbsu:

I rate him top 10, so if he's available at 17, yeah, id take him in a flash...

I think he needs to put on a few kgs. though to be considered a real power forward...But, i don't think he'll play as a traditional CHF because he is a great athlete, is really good by foot and a quality decision maker. He'll play further up the field predominately when he's adapted to the AFL IMO, and will hurt the opposition pushing forward. His contested marking is really good too, so he could be a really damaging player through the middle creating mismatches...

In case you didn't notice, i rate him!!

GO THE SHOE!!!!

I think some of the AFL recruiters have seen that youtube highlights package too :D:D:D

It seems as though the earliest he would go is Adelaide's pick 10 from what I understand. After that, Sydney at pick 12 would definitely be interested. If he gets past pick 12, I reckon we'd be odds on to get him at 17. I think Adelaide might go for Trengrove or Phil Davis instead, and Sydney are a bit of a darkhorse. They want KP players and would probably pick from Lewis Johnstone, Phil Davis, Schoenmakers and McKernan I would think...

I hope he falls to us though...

yeah that burgan dude changed his draft order and has the shoe at 17. heaps ****in better. that kick into the 50 on the youtube high lights to a forward and the running goal on the boundry line sold me, big fan of the shoe a while ago. the watts shoe show is gonna go off tap in a couple of years. LETS GO U ****IN DEEZ. just hope we pick him now:D;)

Personally I'm not sure West Coast have a huge interest in him, so it might be wiser to go for Swift or someone at 17, then take Schoenmakers at 19. Lynch copped a fair bagging when he was put up for us by Burgan and I don't think Schoe is that much better than him (I think they are both very good). I'm not a huge McKernan fan as well. Lewis Johnstone is the dream here.

I am a dees supporter, and i see you have Shoenmakers at 17 which i hope is True!! and then beams at 19, i really hope we go after James Strauss at 19, whats the chances of this happening?

And why is Lynch so highly rated?

Matt says:

Schoenmakers has been strongly linked to Hawthorn and Melbourne. But most clubs in the teens will be looking at him closely. Melbourne is definitely interested in Strauss and he could genuinely be taken at 17 through to its next pick at 35.

Lynch is highly rated by the recruiters and most believe he is a top 20 pick. I believe the interest in St Kilda is now quite strong. He could go from 12-25.

taken from the new burgan draft order questions and answers. very much liking the strong links to melbourne:):thumbsu:

In the phantom draft in the herald sun they linked him to the W.B at pick 31, so if we really wanted him im sure we probably could take him with pick 17-19 or even if he slips, 35. He's a S.A boy, any one think there could be a go home factor??

Personally I'm not sure West Coast have a huge interest in him, so it might be wiser to go for Swift or someone at 17, then take Schoenmakers at 19. Lynch copped a fair bagging when he was put up for us by Burgan and I don't think Schoe is that much better than him (I think they are both very good). I'm not a huge McKernan fan as well. Lewis Johnstone is the dream here.

I tend to agree with Master that we may be best to wait to 19 to get him, but it all really depends on what mid is available at 17 and who's available for WC at 18.

For instance if 8 of the 9 top rated mids go 1-16 (Rich, Hartlett, Sidebottom, Ziebell, Hill, Yarran, Smith, Blease) and we take Swift at 17, then Schoenmakers is a big chance to WC at 18. But if we have the choice of say Blease or Swift or Schoenmakers, i'd take Blease expecting WC to take Swift for us to snare Schoe at 19. Even if WC took him Swift would be our consellation prize, so it's win-win.

But i don't agree that he's not much better then Lynch, you need to consider that Schoenmakers has grown over 5cms this year, so at the champs (& in the vids) he was playing as a 3rd tall. So then he was similar to Lynch when he was a bit shorter and rated 3rd tall behind Johnston & Cahill, but now he's about 194cm and i really think he could be great athletic CHF.

And if Sidebottom is there, as far as pick 17 is concerned it'll be Schoenwho?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the phantom draft in the herald sun they linked him to the W.B at pick 31, so if we really wanted him im sure we probably could take him with pick 17-19 or even if he slips, 35. He's a S.A boy, any one think there could be a go home factor??

:eek:
Don't believe everything you read in the papers, especially the herald sun.
If the real draft turns out anything like that I'll buy a lifetime subscription.

He is a late teens to early 20's pick, probably won't make it past Adelaide's second pick.

I don't think he is too much better than Lynch honestly, and would definitely prefer Johnston if available.

But i don't agree that he's not much better then Lynch, you need to consider that Schoenmakers has grown over 5cms this year, so at the champs (& in the vids) he was playing as a 3rd tall. So then he was similar to Lynch when he was a bit shorter and rated 3rd tall behind Johnston & Cahill, but now he's about 194cm and i really think he could be great athletic CHF.

I think you forget that growth is a constant, it's not like the championships finished and he shot up a few cm's. The height/weight statistics were taken well over 3 month's before the telstra dome games.

He has the potential to be a CHF, but does not play like one yet.
As for playing as a 3rd tall behind Cahill and Johnston, here's hoping we add Watts to that list and them all to Melbourne :p

1. Watts
17. Blease/Swift
19. Schoenmakers

I think you forget that growth is a constant, it's not like the championships finished and he shot up a few cm's. The height/weight statistics were taken well over 3 month's before the telstra dome games.

He has the potential to be a CHF, but does not play like one yet.
As for playing as a 3rd tall behind Cahill and Johnston, here's hoping we add Watts to that list and them all to Melbourne :p

Obviously growth is constant, but what i meant by that was he was being played a certain way as that was what suited his style earlier in the year, so despite growing he was still never played in a genuine CHF position.

He may not play like a CHF yet, but neither does Lynch. The difference is that Schoenmakers has a much greater potential to be a CHF and therefore makes him more valuable, and that in turn means he's ranked higher on my list. But maybe other see something in Lynch i don't, so unless you rate Lynch higher then i do then you're underating Schoenmakers.

If we want to try to make a Lynch style player into a CHF, we've already got Bate who we've put 4 years into (just a side note, a few things Bate did this year & how much he's bulked up, he looks almost as big as Miller now, i've not totally given up on him being a CHF. It's also been reported out of the club he's bulked up a bit more as he's been hitting the gym with Juice).

And Juice if he gets it together over the next couple of years.

You are kidding aren't you???

Newton is a soft dud. The only reason he is still on our list is because we honestly have no other tall forwards other than Miller to kick the ball to. If Newton doesn't take the mark, which 9 out of 10 times he doesn't, he becomes totally useless as he never gets the ball off the ground.

You are kidding aren't you???

Newton is a soft dud. The only reason he is still on our list is because we honestly have no other tall forwards other than Miller to kick the ball to. If Newton doesn't take the mark, which 9 out of 10 times he doesn't, he becomes totally useless as he never gets the ball off the ground.

And how many years has Miller been bagged out and supporters say trade him and now all of a sudden after a few good games Miller is king shit, I still say give him time and hopfully will prove you no faith supporters wrong. I wish the best of all our players I hope they can play a big part in our future no matter what they have shown so far. I guess that must just make me more of a true Melbourne supporter than you!

Obviously growth is constant, but what i meant by that was he was being played a certain way as that was what suited his style earlier in the year, so despite growing he was still never played in a genuine CHF position.

He may not play like a CHF yet, but neither does Lynch. The difference is that Schoenmakers has a much greater potential to be a CHF and therefore makes him more valuable, and that in turn means he's ranked higher on my list. But maybe other see something in Lynch i don't, so unless you rate Lynch higher then i do then you're underating Schoenmakers.

If we want to try to make a Lynch style player into a CHF, we've already got Bate who we've put 4 years into (just a side note, a few things Bate did this year & how much he's bulked up, he looks almost as big as Miller now, i've not totally given up on him being a CHF. It's also been reported out of the club he's bulked up a bit more as he's been hitting the gym with Juice).

saw them at chaddy together trying to make the most of the massive sales on wednesday. hopefully its because theyve gone up a chest size.
i was kinda staring at them because i recognised bate instantly (as you would), and then noticed juice was with him. then they saw me and started talking and looking at me. bit awkward.

I've been saying a similar thing on this site for a while, I think Lynch will be a good player and is definitely more physical than Schoenmakers, which is something we need, but Schoenmakers potential is a lot better than Lynch's.
Oh well I'd be happy with Schoenmakers at 19, and if we got Lynch at 35 that would be great, but he is not worth pick 19 for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Schoenmakers at 17.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back