Rules Score Review (ARC) Thread - Lions v Tigers Elimination

Remove this Banner Ad

Whether or not the Tigers deserved to win tonight is irrelevant to the FACT that an Elimination Final was a decided by a shonky review. Maybe it was a goal. maybe it was a point. Who really knows? Not the goal review official... A team's season was finished because of someone's guesswork.
Another person who I hope isn't an engineer designing anything important.

This was not a subjective call overruling another subjective call. This was an engineering call overruling a subjective call by an off-balance umpire.

Sook or no sook, the AFL (and Channel 7) are a f**kin embarrassment

The typical reaction to this sort of bullshit is for everyone to say "the right team won it", or "Haha, cop that Richmond"
This is exactly the sort of reaction the AFL bank on whenever they sweep this type of incompetence under the rug.

Maybe the AFL should quit being such cheapskates and get a goal review system that actually does "our great game" justice. It's only been... um... let me see.... TEN F**KIN YEARS that we've all ha to put up with their blurry replays, rubbish camera angles, an "inconclusive" decisions.

The AFL is an amateur bush league compared to sports leagues in America and Europe. It's a joke

Whether or not the Tigers deserved to win tonight is irrelevant to the FACT that an Elimination Final was a decided by a shonky review. Maybe it was a goal. maybe it was a point. Who really knows? Not the goal review official... A team's season was finished because of someone's guesswork.
No, just because the VFL commentators can’t accept the decision by the video review.
Or more accurately, can’t UNDERSTAND the decision.
Its not guesswork, just because you can’t understand it.

Another person who I hope isn't an engineer designing anything important.

This was not a subjective call overruling another subjective call. This was an engineering call overruling a subjective call by an off-balance umpire.
t
You didn't solve it, indisputable admission of you being wrong. Thanks for confirming I'm right and it was a goal.

Actually didn't even think it was near the goals at any stage. Over the post on the behind side of the goal posts. Can't believe it was called a goal in the first place.
Goal umpire was wrong. ARC was correct. Used a common surveying method, ball was over the post at the same instant in time from at least three different camera angles.

Goal umpire was wrong. ARC was correct. Used a common surveying method, ball was over the post at the same instant in time from at least three different camera angles.
Right decision in the end, but if the goal umpire didn't fluff it there would be no controversy at all.

Kind of ironic given how Richmond got a ridiculous free on what was a goal for us in our last match at the MCG. Bit of poetic justice perhaps.

No, just because the VFL commentators can’t accept the decision by the video review.
Or more accurately, can’t UNDERSTAND the decision.
Its not guesswork, just because you can’t understand it.
You'll have to explain yourself better mate.

You typed three sentences above but offered no explanation

I didn't know we had a GPS in the ball.
Which wouldn't matter given GPS for civilian use is only accurate to 2 metres. Even more confirmation you have no idea what you're talking about.
Nah, not gonna argue with some one who doesn’t understand Yr 9 trigonometry.

Ignore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

goal.png
Looks pretty conclusive to me - ball is clearly hitting the post. I'm sure the operators are trained for this. As for the Goal Umpire - these sorts of calls are notoriously difficult

I think the right call was made even if by the rules there wasn't definitive evidence to overturn the umpires decision. The umpire obviously made a split decision call that was wrong, he wasn't even in position to see it.

Yep, that when you're asked to prove something, you desperately try to avoid the question, because you know you're wrong.

Come on champ, prove it. You say it's so obvious, so just prove it.
You can stop proving how little you understand now, we get it.

View attachment 1496675
Looks pretty conclusive to me - ball is clearly hitting the post. I'm sure the operators are trained for this. As for the Goal Umpire - these sorts of calls are notoriously difficult

Yea espcially the bottom left and bottom right ones which both clearly show the ball is already far behind the goal post, not on top of it.

View attachment 1496675
Obvious, but this is the rational that some people use.

Walking down the street, come across something brown on the ground.
”Looks like dog crap.”
”Smells like dog crap”
”Tastes like dog crap”

“Lucky I didn’t step in it”

Ah, yes... Big Footy... the forum where someone will start a thread saying the sun will come up tomorrow and a dozen know-alls will argue that it won't.

Sure guys... Whatever you reckon. :thumbsu:

The AFL has a foolproof goal review system with fantastic camera angles in super high definition with decisions adjudicated by the world's leading engineers.

There is no problem. Everyone go to bed. There is nothing to see.

leslie-nielsen-nothing-to-see-here.gif

Life ban from watching AFL and this forum to anyone who says it was a point. The score reviewers need to be investigated for their links to bookies, probably had a stack on a Brisbane victory. Nothing else could explain such a horrendous call.

Boohoo.

It was a point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The league could look at upping the technology. Using a magnet in the ball and having a magnetic field around the goal (and another for points) would assist. In this instance a wide angle camera on the top of each goal post and perhaps a light beam as well. Maybe for the key grounds at least.

There were lots of key decisions in the last quarter due to the frenetic nature of both teams.

View attachment 1496675

Actually just seen from your top left shot where the goal ump is. He is in the perfect position to judge. It was obviously a very close run thing but the goal ump seems now to me to be in a better position to judge than the score review guy is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rules Score Review (ARC) Thread - Lions v Tigers Elimination

Remove this Banner Ad

Back