Remove this Banner Ad

the_fresh

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
dowdenphotography.com
As we all know, he's a freak. our best player by miles, he's also our best ball user and kick, yet yesterday it seemed to me he was refusing to kick the ball.
He had 8 kicks, 20 handballs, yet there were time when he was clear, had time to kick and handballed to someone, often leading to pressure.
I know he had a rib issue, but I'm thinking now he has a leg issue.
The times he did kick it was lucky to go 25 meters and the one time he went for a longer kick he got under it because he had a bent leg.
Whats going on?

Nobody to kick too. For the majority of the game when we were going forward Pendles was part of the front line and could only really handball sideways. Aside from his Rib issue Pendles is fine, if he had a leg issue he wouldn't be running as well as he is. He was top 5 BOG yesterday for both times in a game where we got smashed.

Trust in Pendles.

We really missed Adams yesterday, that was clear by Treloar and Pendles having more handballs than kicks. We want both providing the last kick out of the middle, rather than handballing to lesser players.

Pendles is obviously carrying something, it was the right weekend to rest him, despite what he would have said.

All of them are handballing first, kicking second when it should be other way around. And Pendlebury is past his best, possessions aren't the be all and end all as this proves. Anyone can be a link in a chain.

All of them are handballing first, kicking second when it should be other way around. And Pendlebury is past his best, possessions aren't the be all and end all as this proves. Anyone can be a link in a chain.

lol - he's 28! He's played injured all year and is still having a decent contribution to the team. Absolutely crazy to think he can't get back to his very best.

lol - he's 28! He's played injured all year and is still having a decent contribution to the team. Absolutely crazy to think he can't get back to his very best.

Some players peak early, Pendlebury is a bit too slow now and won't be All Australian again, let alone Brownlow. Might still win Copeland. It's not just injury, that's a cop out. He said himself if you go out you are 100%.

Some players peak early, Pendlebury is a bit too slow now and won't be All Australian again, let alone Brownlow. Might still win Copeland. It's not just injury, that's a cop out. He said himself if you go out you are 100%.

He's never been quick though. I understand the thought process behind "you're 100% if you go out there" but really that's just a throwaway line that clubs use to ensure they don't appear to be blaming injuries on their poor results. Blind Freddy could see he's not himself, and to say he is past his best based on the first 6 weeks of 2016 is fairly simplistic IMO.

I disagree. I think he has certainly been below his best so far this year, but we have seen glimpses of his best and I think that when he is fully over his injury he will shine. He was excellent against the Bombers (first full game in the midfield) and we were missing Adams against the Eagles and got smashed in the ruck (both of which hurt his influence).

I really hope I'm not proven to be wrong, but that's just how I see it.

He's never been quick though. I understand the thought process behind "you're 100% if you go out there" but really that's just a throwaway line that clubs use to ensure they don't appear to be blaming injuries on their poor results. Blind Freddy could see he's not himself, and to say he is past his best based on the first 6 weeks of 2016 is fairly simplistic IMO.

He was ordinary by his standards most of last year too. The problem with being slow is you become really slow...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure. I think that is only because he is depressed at the current state that we are in.

He was ordinary by his standards most of last year too. The problem with being slow is you become really slow...
You might actually be onto something, been thinking for awhile he hasn't been at his elusive and sublime best since bulking up 2/3 years ago when big bodied mids became all the rage.

And I'm kind of sick of reading this he's carrying an injury excuse bullshit.
He wasn't 100% for round 2 game but has been fine ever since, this is straight from our rookie listed player's mouth.

He wasn't ordinary at all last year. He was better than he was in 2014 (despite not being recognised with a deserved 6th AA jumper) IMO.

Obviously injured, while his handballs were mostly very good, I made the point in game that I would prefer he kick it as he is most likely handballing to one of his half witted teammates.

WTF? Don't use injury as an excuse.

It's obvious that he's not 100% fit.

If you look at the games in which we've had good quarters (including qtrs 2 and 3 on the weekend) it's generally been as a result of Pendles' work.

He's far from finished.

Grow up

You might think the insult at the end contributes to your argument but it actually deflates it.

You might think the insult at the end contributes to your argument but it actually deflates it.
I recall the time when this poster was very easy going and quite humourous but our massive downfall turned him into an out and out ball of anger :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott Pendlebury - confused

Remove this Banner Ad

Back