Scott Pendlebury - confused

Remove this Banner Ad

The hand balling is a trend across the whole side. We are over hand balling. I think it is a symptom of the pressure that the Eagles applied. We worked really hard to move the ball but always pressured. We just aren't up there with the good teams right now. That used to be us turning the screws on the other sides.

Because Buckley is fighting for his coaching survival and he can't afford not to play his best player.
I knew this played a part but it's good to see someone who isn't a "hater" like me spell it out nevertheless ;)

We have to bite the bullet.
Get him right.
It might cost us giving pick 3 or 4 to GWS instead of 5 or 6 but that's just face face saving it doesn't change the result for us.

About 4 years ago, I remember thinking that Hodge had degenerated into a middle of the road workhorse. Turns out he was playing injured that year.

I remember 2014 Dane Swan having a "putrid" year.

The drop in his performance was so dramatic that "people" were saying he was past it, no good, never to be the player he once was and so on and so forth.

Then preseason 2015 hit and Swanny was fit and healthy and able to participate. He proceeded to show nearly every footy pundit just how good he is by earning the most Brownlow votes (17) for the club and 2nd in the Copeland.

Pendles this season looks similar to Swan in 2014 or even Joel Selwood last year. A player in his prime pushed to the limit every game getting belted by the opposition because they know how good he is and what he can do.

Personally I have every confidence he will come through the season with a point to prove next year. He will be 100% fit and healthy with complete confidence in himself, his body and his team mates. 2017 promises to be something special for our captain, because as numerous champions of the game have shown, you write them off at your peril.

Pendles is playing under serious duress, I did hear off a mate connected to a couple of players that it is a groin issue but who knows. My feeling is if the team were going well and everyone fit he wouldn't be out there.

Having fun sirlothie?

Let's see. From the age of 28 onwards, Mitchell has played in 4 Grand Finals, won 3 premierships, 2 Best and Fairests, Runner up in the Brownlow twice, 3 All Australians, HS player of the year, 2 Lou Richards medals and polled 106 Brownlow votes.

Starting tomorrow, Pendlebury won't get anywhere near that.

Let's see. From the age of 28 onwards, Mitchell has played in 4 Grand Finals, won 3 premierships, 2 Best and Fairests, Runner up in the Brownlow twice, 3 All Australians, HS player of the year, 2 Lou Richards medals and polled 106 Brownlow votes.

Its not Pendlebury's fault he plays in a shit team.

We have to bite the bullet.
Get him right.
It might cost us giving pick 3 or 4 to GWS instead of 5 or 6 but that's just face face saving it doesn't change the result for us.
If we are picking a side based on how high a draft pick GWS get, then we've got bigger problems.

So he should get more Brownlow votes.

Not really, I bet Treloar's burst speed and blonde hair will give him the edge over Pendlebury and in a losing side they'll struggle to get votes because umpires usually give more votes to the winners.

Pendles is not only one of the best kicks but players and I was questioning his fitness as the reason for him not kicking the ball.
I have no issue with him off half back, but if it's to handball that's an issue

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L02 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And yet he'd still be a starting mid in the same side as Sam Mitchell? Funny game footy. I agree Mitch is a champion but so is Pendles. He's doing it tough at the moment (bit like his coach did carrying a young team) He's been unlucky to lose his mate Swanny this year so all the attention goes to the captain. He's playing injured and trying to carry the young guns with him....when the kids get better Pendles will look a lot better than he does now. And yet he'd still get a game as a starting mid with the Hawks (and 17 other clubs) right now!

Good to see you have mapped out the rest of Pendles career for him.

There are benefits playing alongside excellent team mates in a well organised club. I am not saying Mitchell is anything other than a champion player.
However I think you will find his best years have come at a time when Hawthorn has also had its best years. Up until the age of 28 I would say Pendles has had the better career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott Pendlebury - confused

Remove this Banner Ad

Back