season 2009 starts now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone from Dederang or Beechworth shed any light on this comment made on the Tallangatta League website ?

Official Match Report

After an on field fight, which was handled well by the umpires, members of the beechworth crowd of approx 12 approached the Dederang bench. These people verbally attacked our coaching staff and physically assualted two of our coaching staff and bench players. We request that this situation is looked into further and questions asked of the intimidating actions of Beechworths bench staff towards our own bench namely moving over to our bench to continue to make threatening comments.

Can anyone from Dederang or Beechworth shed any light on this comment made on the Tallangatta League website ?

Official Match Report

After an on field fight, which was handled well by the umpires, members of the beechworth crowd of approx 12 approached the Dederang bench. These people verbally attacked our coaching staff and physically assualted two of our coaching staff and bench players. We request that this situation is looked into further and questions asked of the intimidating actions of Beechworths bench staff towards our own bench namely moving over to our bench to continue to make threatening comments.

I hope something happens out of this beechworth supporters are an absolute disgrace the abuse and threats they were screamin at tallangatta players and umpires a couple of weeks ago was disgraceful whats happend to when ya can go to the footy and enjoy a beer bring ya kids and not have to worry about getting assualted or your child hearing abuse at oppistion players and umpires doesnt really set a good example this behaviour has to be stopped
On another note tallangatta was back on saturday and showed they still are the team to beat they still have a couple of key players out and looked super impressive against a team who will most likely play finals although they look hardly worthy of playin finals couldnt be happier with yacks failure after how much gecko was talking them as the team to beat in the preseason

From what ive been told it was only a couple of Beechworth supporters that approached the Dederang supporters, not 12!

This happened because of a fight that broke out on the field and the entire Dederang bench (including a runner) ran onto the field get involved in the fight. The Beechworth bench then told the Dederang bench in no uncertain terms to keep off the field.

I dont think all Beechworth supporters are an absolute disgrace, but one or two need to be told by the club to pull their heads in.

I hope something happens out of this beechworth supporters are an absolute disgrace the abuse and threats they were screamin at tallangatta players and umpires a couple of weeks ago was disgraceful whats happend to when ya can go to the footy and enjoy a beer bring ya kids and not have to worry about getting assualted or your child hearing abuse at oppistion players and umpires doesnt really set a good example this behaviour has to be stopped
On another note tallangatta was back on saturday and showed they still are the team to beat they still have a couple of key players out and looked super impressive against a team who will most likely play finals although they look hardly worthy of playin finals couldnt be happier with yacks failure after how much gecko was talking them as the team to beat in the preseason

Who are the key players missing from the Tallangatta side? The way things are shaping up Thur v Yack may be playing each other 2 weeks in a row, Beechworth are the danger side with 2 stand-outs. With Thur win over Wahgunyah and Mitta losing would think the top 5 are safe now..
Does anyone think that someone can spoil a Kiewa v Tall GF match-up come the business end?

Who are the key players missing from the Tallangatta side? The way things are shaping up Thur v Yack may be playing each other 2 weeks in a row, Beechworth are the danger side with 2 stand-outs. With Thur win over Wahgunyah and Mitta losing would think the top 5 are safe now..
Does anyone think that someone can spoil a Kiewa v Tall GF match-up come the business end?

there vice captain nick holmes, starting centreman tyson smith, on baller todd bird and lively half forward brendan brain were missing from the weekends game and will return in the next 2 weeks, and no cant see it being anyone else but tallangatta and keiwa but beechworth will be a tough opponent to play in a prelim final and both kiewa and tallangatta would not want to be in that position

Official Match Report

Jeez Garrn, you are a star uncovering this. Back page news now. A few things are unbelievable:
1.) Someone actually reads the results on the website and actually scrolls down far enough to see a match report.
2.) Dederang officials actually wrote this in their match report.
3.) The Border Mail picked it up and ran with it after reading it on BigFooty.
League meeting tonight may be interesting........might even sit through all of it.

Jeez Garrn, you are a star uncovering this. Back page news now. A few things are unbelievable:
1.) Someone actually reads the results on the website and actually scrolls down far enough to see a match report.
2.) Dederang officials actually wrote this in their match report.
3.) The Border Mail picked it up and ran with it after reading it on BigFooty.
League meeting tonight may be interesting........might even sit through all of it.

;)
Yep the old scroll down mate.
I cant belive they wrote it on the website match report either.:rolleyes:
You would think if they had a problem it would have went in with the paperwork after the match.
Very Interesting, maybe the person who puts the scores in had the beef.

;)
Yep the old scroll down mate.
I cant belive they wrote it on the website match report either.:rolleyes:
You would think if they had a problem it would have went in with the paperwork after the match.
Very Interesting, maybe the person who puts the scores in had the beef.

Whoever wrote it forgot to mention that during or just before the alleged incident, the Dederang runner was reported for "coming into contact with an opposition player". Faced tribunal Monday night and the club was fined. Would have got off if he pleaded not guilty, as ump didn't know which Beechworth player it was.Doesn't excuse the Beechworth crowd's behaviour, but does contribute to the whole unsavoury picture. Would hope Dederang now know that posting on the internet match report is not the correct forum to raise a complaint.

I have been following this thread for a while with a lot of interest. I have been an O&K football supporter for a long time but the loss of 3 of the more powerful clubs has left this league to deteriorate in standard......so I have started to travel around and watch the some Tallangatta league games.

In recent times I witnessed the Tallangatta v Beechworth game up at Beechworth. It was a great game, close for most of the day until Tallagatta got run over the top of in the final quarter. I have however been bemused by dogs678's comments about the game and the crowd. If he was actually watching the game, he would've realised that a tallangatta player (whom I believe to be the interleague captain) spat the dummy at a fair hip and shoulder he recieved right in front of the changerooms. He promptly proceed to cowardly punch the Beechworth player from behind a few times, an incident which the umpire saw and sent him off for. This brought the crowd alight but only in response from such a dirty act from the tallangatta player and was great to see the passion of the Beechworth supporters.....none of which seemed over the top!!

I have been following this thread for a while with a lot of interest. I have been an O&K football supporter for a long time but the loss of 3 of the more powerful clubs has left this league to deteriorate in standard......so I have started to travel around and watch the some Tallangatta league games.

In recent times I witnessed the Tallangatta v Beechworth game up at Beechworth. It was a great game, close for most of the day until Tallagatta got run over the top of in the final quarter. I have however been bemused by dogs678's comments about the game and the crowd. If he was actually watching the game, he would've realised that a tallangatta player (whom I believe to be the interleague captain) spat the dummy at a fair hip and shoulder he recieved right in front of the changerooms. He promptly proceed to cowardly punch the Beechworth player from behind a few times, an incident which the umpire saw and sent him off for. This brought the crowd alight but only in response from such a dirty act from the tallangatta player and was great to see the passion of the Beechworth supporters.....none of which seemed over the top!!

could not agree more about hansford there mate it was weak as pisss and unprovoked strange to see it coming form him though didnt expect it probably cost tallangatta some vital percentage as beechworth kicked 6 goals to zero after that incident any way i agree about that incident however there abuse was coming before that incident and that only made the situation worse

My tips for Round 14

Thurgoona by 36points over Chiltern
KSC by 55points over Mitta United
Yackandandah by 33points over DMB
Tallangatta by 60points over Barnawartha
Rutherglen by 45points over Wodonga Saints
Beechworth

could not agree more about hansford there mate it was weak as pisss and unprovoked strange to see it coming form him though didnt expect it probably cost tallangatta some vital percentage as beechworth kicked 6 goals to zero after that incident any way i agree about that incident however there abuse was coming before that incident and that only made the situation worse

I will agree that a few members of the Beechworth crowd need to pull their heads in but the majority are pretty well behaved......anyway, i've recieved some information and was wondering if there was any truth to the rumour that Tallangatta FC had a "crisis" meeting the week before the Beechworth game?? Allegedly the coach is now paying 2 players out of his own pocket?? Does anybody know??

I will agree that a few members of the Beechworth crowd need to pull their heads in but the majority are pretty well behaved......anyway, i've recieved some information and was wondering if there was any truth to the rumour that Tallangatta FC had a "crisis" meeting the week before the Beechworth game?? Allegedly the coach is now paying 2 players out of his own pocket?? Does anybody know??

Have to wonder why the coach would bother. Some of the players on big money not worth feedin'. Those who watch, know who i'm talkin about. After watching both sides play recently, think the hoppers should put the cue in the rack and start preparing for next yr, and maybe get some more sub-standard players to try and win the big one. Kiewa easily by 5-6 goals, and continue on there merry way and go back to back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to wonder why the coach would bother. Some of the players on big money not worth feedin'. Those who watch, know who i'm talkin about. After watching both sides play recently, think the hoppers should put the cue in the rack and start preparing for next yr, and maybe get some more sub-standard players to try and win the big one. Kiewa easily by 5-6 goals, and continue on there merry way and go back to back.

Kiewa looked the goods this week but had little opposition in a very very average "Mitta United Sluggers"

Well im making the trip up the freeway this weekend to see my old hoppers in what should be a great game v the Hawks. All grades should be great by the look of it and a big crowd.
As for the above comment, as soon as i read it i contacted a old freind who is on the committee there and told him, he could not believe it and said it was all bullshit. I had to find out tho. The hoppers had a meeting after the Beechworth game about how they played but nothing else. Where do these rumours start from, i guess the old jealous curse again, was same when i played there & when we were successful. What coach would pay a player from his own pocket........you wouldnt coach there again i would think. Its like when Mitta tell you they dont pay players and won flags spending $10k.............showbags...full of shit.

Well im making the trip up the freeway this weekend to see my old hoppers in what should be a great game v the Hawks. All grades should be great by the look of it and a big crowd.
As for the above comment, as soon as i read it i contacted a old freind who is on the committee there and told him, he could not believe it and said it was all bullshit. I had to find out tho. The hoppers had a meeting after the Beechworth game about how they played but nothing else. Where do these rumours start from, i guess the old jealous curse again, was same when i played there & when we were successful. What coach would pay a player from his own pocket........you wouldnt coach there again i would think. Its like when Mitta tell you they dont pay players and won flags spending $10k.............showbags...full of shit.

Thanks for clearing that one up TFS. I heard something yesterday about the Wahgunyah V Beechworth game. Apparently Osbourne punched a teenager's 2 front teeth out whilst they were playing amoungst other completely unnecessary indiscretions. I've also heard that this is't the first time he has been violent towards the young kids.......the Rutherglen game earlier in the year for example. Why is it that a footballer of his quality/ability needs to go around like a thug and belt all the kids?? Surely he needs to pull his head in!!

Thanks for clearing that one up TFS. I heard something yesterday about the Wahgunyah V Beechworth game. Apparently Osbourne punched a teenager's 2 front teeth out whilst they were playing amoungst other completely unnecessary indiscretions. I've also heard that this is't the first time he has been violent towards the young kids.......the Rutherglen game earlier in the year for example. Why is it that a footballer of his quality/ability needs to go around like a thug and belt all the kids?? Surely he needs to pull his head in!!

Ozzie is a very good footballer who sometimes pushes the boundries and "challenges" the umpires to do something about it (eg. pay a free kick against him). But in his defence he wasnt the offending player in the Round 1 incident against us. He has caused more damage to us through his performances than through physicallity as he has dominated every time we have played them

C'mon mate. A "long term supporter of the O&K League" who has been "following this thread for a while" !? Yet your very first post is not on the O&K thread which you have followed for so long, but on the TDFL thread. I find that hard to believe. Since joining the thread you have: defended Beechworth's crowd; had a crack at Tallangatta (twice); & had a go at a Wahgunyah guy. (both after playing Beechworth). There's been a few showers lately, but we didn't come down in any of them. :rolleyes:

hey im new to big footy and iv played football with oz at corowa and was at the game on saturday.oz plays on the edge and yer he gave a bit out on saturday but he got just as much back.if your so concerned about TEENAGERS copping one or two you can always put them in a dress,they are playing a mans sport last time i checked.And for the beechworth supporters they are a disgrace to the club when oz got sent off the red headed bloke with the beard took a swing at him from over the fence.something has to be done about this

Have been following posts all year and in particular have taken considerable interest over the last couple of weeks, due to being a Beechworth supporter. During the start of the season alot of the posts were basically schoolyard banter, slinging comments back and forth with no conviction, simply making a comment without thinking first(aka Chasers War on Everything last night, asking Americans to make a comment....). However over the last month or so things are a bit more constructive so I thought I'd add my 2 bobs worth.

Firstly on crowd behaviour - I will agree with comments that at times Beechworth crowd is rude, crude and vocal, and sometimes it embarrasses me to be watching along side some of the supporters, however I find it hard to think about any club in any of the leagues I've played in or watched(TDFL, O&K, O&M, AFL) where I have not thought of at least one supporter or follower of opposition team as an absolute f**ken idiot in the same light as above. I am sure every other player would agree.

Secondly - Players targeting youth.... if an older experienced player bashes a teenager it is really stuffed up. Theswingkings f**ked up comments about putting them in dress and being a mans game, shows his mentality. What parent, supporter wants to see there son or someone elses leave the ground missing two front teeth due to a deliberate off the ball act(from any club).

Lastly - Crowd/bench/player melees - This simply should not be happening, however due to unfortunate events it does every now and then. Clubs need to be more proactive in this approach and suspend supporters/ground staff if they encroach the clubs code of conduct(hopefully all clubs have one of these). This is a delicate area as clubs do not want a code of conduct to remove the passion and enthusiasm from a game, especially as supporters and volunteers are the life blood of every club

So that's my rant on the current topics, and I've tried to keep all bias out being a Beechworth supporter..... look forward to the finals and some warm weather footy testing the fitness of sides!

C'mon mate. A "long term supporter of the O&K League" who has been "following this thread for a while" !? Yet your very first post is not on the O&K thread which you have followed for so long, but on the TDFL thread. I find that hard to believe. Since joining the thread you have: defended Beechworth's crowd; had a crack at Tallangatta (twice); & had a go at a Wahgunyah guy. (both after playing Beechworth). There's been a few showers lately, but we didn't come down in any of them. :rolleyes:

Nice try Albert Park.....but your analysis is flawed. My very first post was indeed on the TDFL thread.....as I think u will find all my posts have been!!!.....very clever. I must be lying.......OR maybe I have not felt the need to comment on the O&K.

If you have read what I have posted correctly, you would find that I was "TOLD" about the Wahgunyah player in question in 2 seperate games (ie Vs Rutherglen and Beechworth....not just Beechworth). The Tallangatta rumour was well dealt with (good job TFS) and just happened to be at the time they played Beechworth. In fact, the only game that I have been to and commented on was the Tallangatta Vs Beechworth game (a game I went to because it was 1st vs 3rd, just like I'll be going to Tallangatta (1) Vs Kiewa (2) this weekend). I felt no need to comment on the game I went to on the weekend (Kiewa Vs Mitta) as I think the scoreboard was a true reflection of the game. Good luck to Tallangatta this weekend, but I can't see anyone beating Kiewa....it should be a good game though.

Next time make sure of your facts before making rash accusations!

My Tips for Round 15

Yackandandah by 30 points over Wahgunyah
Barnarwartha just over DMB by 5 points
KSC over Tallangatta by 26 points
Thurgoona over Rutherglen by 17 points
Mitta United over Wodonga Saints by 52 points
Beechworth

hey was just wondering where all the barny thirds boys are.. i know must off them where top age players, as they beat us in the grand final last year, and havent heard anything from them since

Anyone got any ideas on how the coaching will look in 2010 ?
Barny (Terry Burgess) 2nd year non playing, 4th last yr, 8th this year. Would think the job would be available.
Beechworth (Shaun Prichard) 1st yr playing. 7th to 3rd. Safe.
Chiltern (Terry Smith) 1st yr non playing. 6th to 12th. Available. Have started ringing potential coaches.
Dederang (Mark Dicketts) 3rd yr, playing. 2nd to 10th. Allegedly didn't really want to do it this year. Assume position available.
Kiewa (Simon Bone) 4th yr non playing. 1st to 2nd. Will he ever leave ?
Mitta (Danny Cohen) 2nd yr playing when not injured. 3rd to 6th. Ist coach in a long time not to make finals. May be available.
Rutherglen (Mark Sarau) 2nd yr non playing. 11th to 7th. Signed for 2010.
Tallangatta (Darren Mathey) 2nd yr non playing. 5th to 1st. Would suggest job is his if he wants it.
Thurgoona (Danny Hargreaves) 1st yr playing. 10th to 4th. As above.
Wodonga (Ian Romeril) 1st yr non playing. 12th to 11th. Unsure.
Wahgunyah (Matthew Rogers) 2nd yr playing. 9th to 9th. No improvement, probably look elsewhere.
Yackandandah (Brent Lillis) 2nd yr playing, 8th to 5th. Unsure. Probably done enough to have job again.

Does anyone know anything for sure. Only one I know was Sarau in the paper last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

season 2009 starts now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back