season 2009 starts now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone got any ideas on how the coaching will look in 2010 ?
Barny (Terry Burgess) 2nd year non playing, 4th last yr, 8th this year. Would think the job would be available.
Beechworth (Shaun Prichard) 1st yr playing. 7th to 3rd. Safe.
Chiltern (Terry Smith) 1st yr non playing. 6th to 12th. Available. Have started ringing potential coaches.
Dederang (Mark Dicketts) 3rd yr, playing. 2nd to 10th. Allegedly didn't really want to do it this year. Assume position available.
Kiewa (Simon Bone) 4th yr non playing. 1st to 2nd. Will he ever leave ?
Mitta (Danny Cohen) 2nd yr playing when not injured. 3rd to 6th. Ist coach in a long time not to make finals. May be available.
Rutherglen (Mark Sarau) 2nd yr non playing. 11th to 7th. Signed for 2010.
Tallangatta (Darren Mathey) 2nd yr non playing. 5th to 1st. Would suggest job is his if he wants it.
Thurgoona (Danny Hargreaves) 1st yr playing. 10th to 4th. As above.
Wodonga (Ian Romeril) 1st yr non playing. 12th to 11th. Unsure.
Wahgunyah (Matthew Rogers) 2nd yr playing. 9th to 9th. No improvement, probably look elsewhere.
Yackandandah (Brent Lillis) 2nd yr playing, 8th to 5th. Unsure. Probably done enough to have job again.

Does anyone know anything for sure. Only one I know was Sarau in the paper last week.

I got told by a player from the Wodonga Saints that Romeril has signed on again to coach in 2010.

I got told by a player from the Wodonga Saints that Romeril has signed on again to coach in 2010.

Romeril a definite coach next year at the Saints. Dont know if that is a good thing or not, but I wont go into that. Supposedly already talking to a couple of O & M players for next year, one very high profile, but I'm not holding my breath.

Romeril a definite coach next year at the Saints. Dont know if that is a good thing or not, but I wont go into that. Supposedly already talking to a couple of O & M players for next year, one very high profile, but I'm not holding my breath.

The bloke promises the world but delivers an atlas. The saints would be better off looking elsewhere, no surprise Beechworth has taken the next step without him at the helm.

Would not surprise me. Why did we let Wahgunyah into this competition? They seem to be involved somewhat in majority of these types of incidences.
Settle down fella's. i'll set the story straight, it was after the Reserves, not the Seniors. Can't comment on what happened as i was in the rooms, but from all reports, just a bit of push and shove after a cracking game where yack 2's kicked 13 goals to 4 in the 2nd half after being down by 3 goals at half time.

Can any 1 tell me if Kiewa and Tallangatta played with full sides on the weekend

my tip for round 16
Yack
Wagunyah
Kiewa
Tallangatta
Beechworth
Thurgoona

Good luck to all teams

Been following TDFL page on bigfooty for a few seasons now, this thread is slowly starting to pick up again, was useless there for awhile. I have moved away from the area but im keen to know after last weekends match between Kiewa and Tallangatta... who is looking the best as we are getting close to finals. What did Kiewa look like? They lost by a point, so there is not alot in it but is there any players not pulling their weight? Is it likely to stay the same side? Same goes for Tallangatta... is the side likely to stay the same as we come into finals in a few weeks?

My Tips For Round 16

Barnawartha by 9 points over Wahgunyah
KSC by 60 points over DMB
Thurgoona over Wodonga Saints by 46points
Tallangatta over Mitta United by 28points
Yackandandah by 70points over Chiltern
Beechworth

Been following TDFL page on bigfooty for a few seasons now, this thread is slowly starting to pick up again, was useless there for awhile. I have moved away from the area but im keen to know after last weekends match between Kiewa and Tallangatta... who is looking the best as we are getting close to finals. What did Kiewa look like? They lost by a point, so there is not alot in it but is there any players not pulling their weight? Is it likely to stay the same side? Same goes for Tallangatta... is the side likely to stay the same as we come into finals in a few weeks?

Yes exactly the same sides for the rest of the year:eek::eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what was everyones thoughts on boney tagging both gorupic and smith in the weekends game pretty negative tactics mustnt have much faith in his midfield to go head to head with em

i think that you will find that they tagged hansford, not smith.

being there it was quite clear vogel was runnning with gorupic, turner ran with smith in the second half and hansford ran around unopposed and torn them apart maybe they should of tagged all three

Well guys and girls, only 2 weeks left until the real stuff begins! I cant see the top 5 changing with Mitta's win over Tall last week a massive lost for them as now will have to play Beech first up while KSC get the week off, unless in the next 2 weeks they can catch KSC on % (unlikely). Doggies will play Yack 2 weeks in a row (Rd 18 and Elim final)! There will be some ripping games come finals. Fair to say Chiltern have sewn up the Spoon!

Hows Chilterns search for a coach going?
Any Doggies people tell me how 'Easy' Easdown is going and how T.Millers twang is travelling?

Well guys and girls, only 2 weeks left until the real stuff begins! I cant see the top 5 changing with Mitta's win over Tall last week a massive lost for them as now will have to play Beech first up while KSC get the week off, unless in the next 2 weeks they can catch KSC on % (unlikely). Doggies will play Yack 2 weeks in a row (Rd 18 and Elim final)! There will be some ripping games come finals. Fair to say Chiltern have sewn up the Spoon!

Hows Chilterns search for a coach going?
Any Doggies people tell me how 'Easy' Easdown is going and how T.Millers twang is travelling?

I am absolutely astounded that Mitta beat Tallangatta, after witnessing Kiewa demolish Mitta in a game of very low highs (only due to Mitta being so poor) The result has truely dumfounded me :confused:

I think that we should all jump on the Beechworth train, after playing them on a shocking ground on the weekend, it is clear to see the are a classy unit, have already beaten Tallangatta, the finals this year is no 2 horse race

I think that we should all jump on the Beechworth train, after playing them on a shocking ground on the weekend, it is clear to see the are a classy unit, have already beaten Tallangatta, the finals this year is no 2 horse race

I agree it is not a 2 horse race, the top 3 are capable of winning it. I dont think we should all jump on the Bushies tho:). The Sandy Creek ground i would think will suit Kiewa & Tallangatta more the Beechworth, but hey you never know. When i came up and watched the Hoppers beat Kiewa it really could have gone anyway & as for the Hoppers losing to Mitta on the weekend, hell we could never beat them up there in our premiership years of the late 90's, the finals count the most.

Very true. Beechworth are a very good runing side. I think thurgoona maybe a dark horse they to are a classy unit with a full side. Dont think yack are quite in the same class as the other four sides but final is a different ball game and anything can happen

Anyone got any ideas on how the coaching will look in 2010 ?
Barny (Terry Burgess) 2nd year non playing, 4th last yr, 8th this year. Would think the job would be available.
Beechworth (Shaun Prichard) 1st yr playing. 7th to 3rd. Safe.
Chiltern (Terry Smith) 1st yr non playing. 6th to 12th. Available. Have started ringing potential coaches.
Dederang (Mark Dicketts) 3rd yr, playing. 2nd to 10th. Allegedly didn't really want to do it this year. Assume position available.
Kiewa (Simon Bone) 4th yr non playing. 1st to 2nd. Will he ever leave ?
Mitta (Danny Cohen) 2nd yr playing when not injured. 3rd to 6th. Ist coach in a long time not to make finals. Available.
Rutherglen (Mark Sarau) 2nd yr non playing. 11th to 7th. Signed for 2010.
Tallangatta (Darren Mathey) 2nd yr non playing. 5th to 1st. Would suggest job is his if he wants it.
Thurgoona (Danny Hargreaves) 1st yr playing. 10th to 4th. As above.
Wodonga (Ian Romeril) 1st yr non playing. 12th to 11th. Re-signed.
Wahgunyah (Matthew Rogers) 2nd yr playing. 9th to 9th. No improvement, probably look elsewhere.
Yackandandah (Brent Lillis) 2nd yr playing, 8th to 5th. Unsure. Probably done enough to have job again.

Does anyone know anything for sure. Only one I know was Sarau in the paper last week.

Update above, Mitta job in the paper today.

I have heard that this will be Simon Bone's last season as coach of Kiewa, premiership or not! I'm a bit shocked considering the fine job he has done.

Mitta have to advertise the top job every year- it's in the constitution... but word is Conway will get the nod- great clubman, well liked and a great football brain.

Mitta have to advertise the top job every year- it's in the constitution... but word is Conway will get the nod- great clubman, well liked and a great football brain.

He would definitely be a candidate Jack, but I also know that Mitta will more than likely shop around to see what is out there. I am sure they will also be looking at guys that will be able to bring more players to the club.

I am also impressed with what Thurgoona has done this year. I didn't expect them to be so consistent. This is probably the most consistent I have seen them over the past few years. From what I remember they haven't really copped any beltings this year (is this true?).

Remove this Banner Ad

season 2009 starts now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back