Season 2013 Bendigo FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the response guys, it was quite overwhelming.
Some research has revealed the following:

Sandhurst:

9 March @ Tatura
16 March v Montmorency @ Hcote
23 March @ Rochester (they miss playing against Weeks so much they had to organise this game)

G. Square:

9 March v Mooroopna @ Colbo
16 March v Shep United @ Murchison

South:

16 March @ Balwyn
23 March v Lilydale

Eaglehawk

9 March v Echuca United at Tongala

Strath Storm

23 March v Ballarat
29 March v Kerang

Gisborne

16 March @ Seymour
22 March @ Strathmore

Should be a good even season, Gisborne would be Flag Fav at this stage I would assume.

Some excellent quality match ups for praccy matches.

I'd still have square as favorite just. A good even year though

Long time servant of the BFNL Geoff Morris will be farewelled on Wed., 2 days after the long weekend.
He served Bendigo footy faithfully for 20-odd years, chairing the Sat morning BFL panel show on Fresh FM (known as Triple C back in the day) and in recent years doing footy interviews and reports on Phoenix FM where he was station chairman.
Blind from birth, he would regularly sit in the commentary box, especially at the QEO, listening to the calls. A mighty man, Geoff succumbed to a brain tumour earlier this week.

Funeral will be held at Bgo Town Hall, 11 am, Wed.

Practice Match sought Saturday, April 7

Due to cancellation, Albion Football Club, WRFL Division 1 are seeking an opponent for a Practice Match for Seniors, Reserves and Under 18’s. Our ground, Parsons Reserve, Sunshine is available.

Please contact Senior Coach, Mark Greenshields on 0417 589 683.

Thanks,

Any practice match results out there from Saturday
Gisborne played Seymour in a 5 qtr combined seniors and reserves and went down by 3-4 goals
Both clubs missing a few quality players
Saad Saad on fire in the first 3 qtrs kicking bout 7 goals
Under 18s played well and won by about 4 goals

top 5 stabs 4 2013
Gizzy
Storm
Square
Hurst
E'hawk

Spoon: Maine Big improver: E'hawk Slider: Flat :cool:
Gisborne look to be highly rated by most and i do expect us to finish top 4, but i'm not sure where any big improvement is going to come from ? We certainly havent recruited as well as some others.

Storm on the rise if you ask me.

Strath
Sandhurst
Gisborne
Square
South

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My thoughts pretty much the same. Very even which is good. Bit of a gap to 6th and 7th the another gap to the rest

Storm
Square
Gizzy
Eagle hawk
Sandhurst

South
Flat

M.boro
Castlemaine Have they recruited any. Have heard nothing from them?[/quote]

r u downplaying gizzy, bears? how about petran and sonogan back in the front 1/2
tommy may back as o/side, running midfielder
bit of quality right there
hurst will dearly miss the run of leeroy coghlan, now with Gold

heard on the grapevine borough boys are backing themselves to finish top 3 .... robins/l. mathews/pascale craig/d. wust/big plimmy even tho' he's 37 or 38
bit if quality there, too.

r u downplaying gizzy, bears? how about petran and sonogan back in the front 1/2
tommy may back as o/side, running midfielder
bit of quality right there
hurst will dearly miss the run of leeroy coghlan, now with Gold

heard on the grapevine borough boys are backing themselves to finish top 3 .... robins/l. mathews/pascale craig/d. wust/big plimmy even tho' he's 37 or 38
bit if quality there, too.

Is that the same Plim that played for square in the early 2000's??

By the look of these ladder predictions it looks like both Maryborough and Castlemaine are going to be fighting it out for the spoon.
How have both clubs recruited? Are they a chance of sneaking a spot in the 5 at all?

Yes season starts with a stand alone match between Golden Square and Kangaroo Flat.
Season launch the following Wednesday then completion of round 1 that weekend.

Heard nought from Castlemaine, Jeff Brennan has recruited alot of speedy players to Maryborough and Malone (skinny ruck) is back and filled out.

Anyone think South Bendigo are smokeys for the flag? Have a few mates going down from Darwin that should go alright. It'll be interesting to see how they go.

:thumbsdown:MIGHT have to re-assess Square's final ladder position, eh boys ?
Looked quite ordinary yesterday but we should give full credit to the Flat --- and Tigga Downie on one leg.

The Rooers ran the game right out, and as Addy reports suggested 2day the Dogs looked very rusty. How long will it take for them to gel with all the new blokes??
And the coach has to come back in, too.

I had the Square 3rd in my final ladder for 2013. I've re-assessed and would be happier with them 4th.
Will wait, tho, and see how Storm/South/Hurst/2 Blues look before being too definite.

Especially Storm and the Dragons --- with their super-tall forward structure.

Went to the game on Friday - Square did look very rusty, was a pretty poor quality game overall...But I guess, its Round 1 after all....Fingers crossed for a great season from the Bloods :)

Took some photos - Gallery Here

149429099.jpg

149429402.jpg

149430943.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back