Season 2013 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any truth to the rumour flying around that Greensborough and Lower are not seeing eye to eye about a certain issue?
That issue being that a young kid (18yo) wants to play with his mates at borough but Lower and Vinny have said no due to their massive loss in players??
Not sure of the young kids name but this "rumour" is gaining some serious momentum......

Can someone from Lower or Borough shed some light please?

Nothing to do with massive loss of players its the fact he has a 2 year contract which included a job. Lower has every right and should make him honour it.

Nothing to do with massive loss of players its the fact he has a 2 year contract which included a job. Lower has every right and should make him honour it.

Correct 2 year deal plus a job. 2nd year of the deal was on the basis of the club staying in div 1. Was a close call re the staying in div 1 but it was achieved. Greensborough were made aware of this a long time ago. There are a few of the fringe young blokes going up to Panton Hill to play senior footy, but nothing new there as we've had quite a contingent over the years do that.

Correct 2 year deal plus a job. 2nd year of the deal was on the basis of the club staying in div 1. Was a close call re the staying in div 1 but it was achieved. Greensborough were made aware of this a long time ago. There are a few of the fringe young blokes going up to Panton Hill to play senior footy, but nothing new there as we've had quite a contingent over the years do that.

So whats the reason the reason for not clearing Ryan then?? He has no obligations with you aprt from a 2 year deal. He wants to come and play with mates and play in finals at Bundoora. If there is no problem with player numbers then why not clear him. Didnt think Lower was that desperate or such a low club

Yep! The latest approach to get the best out of a team. Players that don't want to be around the joint. Grow-up, cut him loose an move on. Nobody's losing houses at this level.

Taken from the WPL Junior web site re junior rego day. "The day will also include the grand opening of the new addition to our club rooms by Cr Montana of Darebin Council." Please, can anyone confirm that this will be the death of the dunny block changerooms?"

How is there a massive loss of players at lower?

Surely couldn't be any more than 3 or 4 heading to panton hill?

After the amazing effort of staying up in div.1 and the return of the prodigal son, why the exodus?

I
So whats the reason the reason for not clearing Ryan then?? He has no obligations with you aprt from a 2 year deal. He wants to come and play with mates and play in finals at Bundoora. If there is no problem with player numbers then why not clear him. Didnt think Lower was that desperate or such a low club
thought signing a contract for two years was an obligation!

Yep! The latest approach to get the best out of a team. Players that don't want to be around the joint. Grow-up, cut him loose an move on. Nobody's losing houses at this level.
So a bloke signs a 2 year contract with obligations that have to be met by both parties and your telling me only one party has to abide?

... your telling me only one party has to abide?

Not suggesting that. Under the circumstance, if he plays at Lower on the balance of probabilities you're not going to get the best out of him. Better to cut your losses and spend time and effort on them that want to be around the joint.

So a bloke signs a 2 year contract with obligations that have to be met by both parties and your telling me only one party has to abide?
If Lower have not lost massive amounts of players why wouldn't you clear the kids?
Surely u wouldn't want blokes that don't want to be there...
I believe the rumour that many players have left as when I looked up the hill the other night Lower would have had a maximum of 20 players training!!
compared to our club that has 65+

Really? Maybe these kids should learn a lesson. You cant just sign contracts and commit to something and when your sick of it bail. As stated lower kept there side of the deal.

I wouldnt want to release a player to play against me that season...And especially clearing him to Greensborough which could be the difference between either of those teams getting relegated.

Good on lower for sticking to there guns. Don't let him leave and stick him in the 2nds i reckon if his going to sook about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? Maybe these kids should learn a lesson. You cant just sign contracts and commit to something and when your sick of it bail. As stated lower kept there side of the deal.

I wouldnt want to release a player to play against me that season...And especially clearing him to Greensborough which could be the difference between either of those teams getting relegated.

Good on lower for sticking to there guns. Don't let him leave and stick him in the 2nds i reckon if his going to sook about it.

If this is genuinely about Mullins surely lower would let him walk. One of the most overrated players of 2012. Throws his weight around as if he is 120kg and can't butter up when someone hits him back. Got well and truly sorted out last year against eltham when he through a couple. Would not get anywhere near a game at heidelberg, mont or bundoora.

So I have heard reports that the player in question got a job through the club?? Is this true??
So what does his boss think about this??? Surely he is angry!!!

On the general issue of players wanting to leave after one year of a two year contract. I feel it will be much better for both parties if clubs decided against two year deals in the future to avoid situations like these arising

If this is genuinely about Mullins surely lower would let him walk. One of the most overrated players of 2012. Throws his weight around as if he is 120kg and can't butter up when someone hits him back. Got well and truly sorted out last year against eltham when he through a couple. Would not get anywhere near a game at heidelberg, mont or bundoora.

His only a young bloke and will only get better with age. Pretty handy player for any team in the bottom half of the ladder. Played some good finals footy i recall for greensborough 2 years ago when they finished 3rd.

His only a young bloke and will only get better with age. Pretty handy player for any team in the bottom half of the ladder. Played some good finals footy i recall for greensborough 2 years ago when they finished 3rd.

You would know , you coached the club

If Lower have not lost massive amounts of players why wouldn't you clear the kids?
Surely u wouldn't want blokes that don't want to be there...
I believe the rumour that many players have left as when I looked up the hill the other night Lower would have had a maximum of 20 players training!!
compared to our club that has 65+
You blokes seem to spend a lot of time looking up the hill. Maybe you should spend a bit more time trying to work out how to get a flag out of your massive spend year after year!!

So were Bundoora chaseing him to play in there 2's were they? Finished 2nd b and f as an 18yo, so fair to say he has a lot of improvement left in him!

Last I heard, the boss was training at Lower last week, but you might want to check with Kaos Agent to verify that:)
Every time I look there are less and less blokes training!!
Must be this terrible weather keeping everyone away???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back