Season 2013 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring on 2013! Big question, who is going to be able stop hbergs forward line
Nolan, Favrin, Treloar, Miller, Seargent and Powick!

I think a lot of teams will have to concentrate on stopping supply to the forward line rather than attempting to be beat those guys one on one as it is a pretty intimidating line up

Missing Young from the list too. 39 lazy goals last year, including a bag of 7. 2012 got the 2nd or 3rd defender with Tiller getting the other. Whom is also missing from that list, 35 sausage rolls for the year. Eeeeek

Maybe Lofty goes back to HFB.

Mont will smash Heidelberg no doubt! Only team to go with Heidelberg and Heidelberg are too old!!!!
Old bodies won't be able to hold up in finals!

Mont will smash Heidelberg no doubt! Only team to go with Heidelberg and Heidelberg are too old!!!!
Is that a Mighty Mont Choke,sorry I meant Bloke,talking about finals, been away for 34 years have ya champ

I think a lot of teams will have to concentrate on stopping supply to the forward line rather than attempting to be beat those guys one on one as it is a pretty intimidating line up
Yeh i agree heidelberg will have the best attack in the comp, with bundy and mont close behind them! But it will come down to midfields again and i think bundoora will have the edge this year with the likes of D.mitchel, M.Mitchell, Yobo, shaw, dyson, papaluca, varsamarkis, farrelley all running through there!!

quote="nosecondprize, post: 27024452, member: 125151"]Yeh i agree heidelberg will have the best attack in the comp, with bundy and mont close behind them! But it will come down to midfields again and i think bundoora will have the edge this year with the likes of D.mitchel, M.Mitchell, Yobo, shaw, dyson, papaluca, varsamarkis, farrelley all running through there!![/quot

It would appear heidelberg have targeted a couple of onballers during the offseason

Heidelberg and bundoora surely the standouts in the off season signings. Have bundoora robbed a couple of banks??

Haven't heard a thing out of eltham and greensborough, or northcote, not that the cougars are in real need of recruiting.

I think your just trying to incite a big reaction here because you honestly can't believe nor justify those comments.I would also say NP proved they were the only team to outrun bergers on the big stage. Mont too mentally weak to be taken seriously when talking about clubs finals hopes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

when you start spending like bundoora is this year is it realy the local club where do the youngstrs develop you would have thought they would have learned their lesson under maylinvery few kids played during the final series while thier under nineteens were very strong now their good kids have gone elswhere slater biancin gravina hamling etc ctc all promising kids

I think your just trying to incite a big reaction here because you honestly can't believe nor justify those comments.I would also say NP proved they were the only team to outrun bergers on the big stage. Mont too mentally weak to be taken seriously when talking about clubs finals hopes.
We will see this year won't we!
you will all be eating your words come september! and I will be the first to remind you all!

when you start spending like bundoora is this year is it realy the local club where do the youngstrs develop you would have thought they would have learned their lesson under maylinvery few kids played during the final series while thier under nineteens were very strong now their good kids have gone elswhere slater biancin gravina hamling etc ctc all promising kids
Thanks big lion for your uneducated comments regarding this matter.....
Last year quite a lot of players played senior footy under maylin even blokes in the two's that trained hard throughout pre season that deserved it!
To say that youngsters don't develop at Bundoora is ridiculous, As if you couldn't learn a thing or two from Moorcroft, Cloke, Dyson, Shaw who are all very approachable players and people.
The club was annoyed to lose those players but they left after Bundoora had won the flag with a very strong side in a win that was as close as 10 points to Heidelberg!
The side was very settled that year and not many opportunities came up!
As for the players that left:
Bianchin: Great junior that had opportunities but pissed them up against the wall (was coming to footy pissed and when he was injured he was drinking during the u/19's games)
Slater: Good young player but didn't set the world on fire, prob wasn't in the top 5 in the 19's so he didn't stand out... (has since gone to Northcote and become a gun)
Hamling: Well... if this bloke plays seniors at any club whether it be div 1 or 2 you can pretty much say that your club is struggling.
It is easy to hang shit on maylin about not giving kids opportunities but when push comes to shove these players were just not as good as the blokes in the side.

V
Heidelberg and bundoora surely the standouts in the off season signings. Have bundoora robbed a couple of banks??

Haven't heard a thing out of eltham and greensborough, or northcote, not that the cougars are in real need of recruiting.

All the talk out of those clubs is normally the quality of 19s pushing up . But with the reigning premiers also having the 19s flag . There s not much to say

Always astounding to hear Mont people spruik this time of year. Particularly when they spruik about finals matches. Its fantastic KaosAgent that you can continue the tradition and completely ignore the failings of the long, long, long past. And then take pot shots at other clubs about your own weaknesses......Absolute GOLD mate!

I wouldn't write off Mont's midfield either, I think a few will be surprised. May have struggled in finals, but if you can't beat them during the season then there is a chance you might not make the finals at all...
I expect top 4 to be Bundy, Mont, Bergers, NP. 5th will be a fight between West, Eltham & maybe Greensy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back