Season 2013 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of the "build up" to the game, Mont MUST start as favourites surely. They beat Hberg there last season and are three games clear on top. Both teams have added pace in leg speed and ball movement and dare I say they are the two most skillful teams at the moment. Given the ground is in perfect condition and weather wont really be that bad, both teams having good lists to choose from, bragging rights to the victor might be genuinely warranted. Its a pity there isnt more to play for as far as current and end ladder positions are concerned!

Also looks like Mont have the added advantage of having Magin, Brooker and McKenzie back in their starting 23

Thought appropriate. Going to be a massive game.

Great footage boof and well edited.

Shattered i will miss the game as im away but i think Magin and Brooker will be great ins for an already quick Mont side on a big oval. Mont by 35

Great footage boof and well edited.

Shattered i will miss the game as im away but i think Magin and Brooker will be great ins for an already quick Mont side on a big oval. Mont by 35

If Mont win, they will be the shortest price favourites for the flag since Hberg 09. If Hberg win..........Mont will be still favourites for the flag. Its that simple ! Either way, thay will have to absorb and deal with the mounting expectations of GF glory. They can claim they are keeping a lid on it all they like but there is certainly one senior player that has told me that the pressure is starting to build (not to say that they cant handle it) but I appreciated his honesty.

Looking forward to a good contest and I hope the Bergers can make a game of it and get within a few kicks!

How's Nayna going at Mont this season?
Hey mate i have only been to a few games but from what I have seen Nayna has been excellent. Looking forward to seeing him in the finals with more room to run.

Mont beat Bergers by just over 7 goals and were missing key backs Coghill & Fitzgerald. Looked to have a fair bit of pace and played the bigger ground well.

Sad when a Club as big as that (well.....not with travelling supporters) treat the competition and opposition with contempt and SMS (yes I said SMS) the fact that they cannot field an U19s side at 9:20 am (yes I said 9:20 am)

Absolute joke.

Bears over Borough! Happy with the result but are Greensborough the biggest under achievers in the comp?

Great win by lower. Pretty impressive scalps this year should be happy with that. Shame you didnt knock off Epping.

Another win to Mont. 1.01 for the minor premiership now you would think.

In regards to Boro i dont think anyone down the club would be to impressed how they are tracking this year.

How much of an influence does the inclusion last week of billy Barden from the VFL have on lower plenty? Loosing to eltham and Epping then he comes back and they beat greensborough. Does he make that much differents to that team? If so what will lower plenty do with out him next year as there a few whispers around that he is on the move next year??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much of an influence does the inclusion last week of billy Barden from the VFL have on lower plenty? Loosing to eltham and Epping then he comes back and they beat greensborough. Does he make that much differents to that team? If so what will lower plenty do with out him next year as there a few whispers around that he is on the move next year??

I was at the game Saturday as a greensborough supporter and he smashed us. Didn't kick any goals where I think he normally does but he played on the ball all day. Would of had easily 35+ touches and tackles like a nut and really showed that he would be capable at VFL level. If i was at lower i would be doing everything i can to make sure billy and his brother stay at the club. As for greensy being massive under achievers I disagree, new coach, new game style teams had an up and down year yes but still a very young up and coming group that will be very good in years to come.

Obviously makes a difference, very good player unless your a Mont supporter and think he overrated. I would have thought the inclusion of Patty Flynn was pretty handy as well. As for next season, I'm sure Bill will continue to try his hand at VFL level but apart from that I'm sure he and Darcy are contracted to Lower for next season all going well.

Obviously makes a difference, very good player unless your a Mont supporter and think he overrated. I would have thought the inclusion of Patty Flynn was pretty handy as well. As for next season, I'm sure Bill will continue to try his hand at VFL level but apart from that I'm sure he and Darcy are contracted to Lower for next season all going well.

Surely he wouldnt play second division and hope to continue in the VFL? Not that its likely to come to pass

Think it might be time to let the whole Mont grudge go Brutal. I'm sure any NFL supporter (Mont or otherwise) recognise how good a player B Barden is. I hope Lower stay in Div 1 (for selfish reasons it's a ground I don't have too travel far to get to) and that the Barden boys remain - and it's looking pretty good after Saturday's win.

Think it might be time to let the whole Mont grudge go Brutal. I'm sure any NFL supporter (Mont or otherwise) recognise how good a player B Barden is. I hope Lower stay in Div 1 (for selfish reasons it's a ground I don't have too travel far to get to) and that the Barden boys remain - and it's looking pretty good after Saturday's win.
I was referring to a previous comment from a Mont poster that Bill was overrated and not half as good as his old man. No grudges, they regard us as nuisance and we are like everyone else. Love to beat them and look forward to them going out in straight sets. ;)

I was referring to a previous comment from a Mont poster that Bill was overrated and not half as good as his old man. No grudges, they regard us as nuisance and we are like everyone else. Love to beat them and look forward to them going out in straight sets. ;)
I'd rather be there with a chance than finish 2nd last :thumbsu:

I was at the game Saturday as a greensborough supporter and he smashed us. Didn't kick any goals where I think he normally does but he played on the ball all day. Would of had easily 35+ touches and tackles like a nut and really showed that he would be capable at VFL level. If i was at lower i would be doing everything i can to make sure billy and his brother stay at the club. As for greensy being massive under achievers I disagree, new coach, new game style teams had an up and down year yes but still a very young up and coming group that will be very good in years to come.
New coach and game style? Sorry but there are plenty of clubs with new coaches who have improved this year. I think that's just an easy excuse.

Name all them....I expect plenty of names here

Although i meant football in general including afl ect.
In the NFL

Not sure who else has a new coach besides these teams but

Montmorency - 2 games and 50% ahead of last year at round 13
Bundoora - 1 win and 18% ahead. (ended up losing 7 in 2012 which im guessing wont be the case this year)
Lower Plenty - 2 wins ahead of last year at this point.
West Preston - Although behind where they were last year considering the player losses they suffered they have done very well to be contending for the 5.

But yes there are many variables with list changes ect so its not that straight forward.

Although i meant football in general including afl ect.
In the NFL

Not sure who else has a new coach besides these teams but

Montmorency - 2 games and 50% ahead of last year at round 13
Bundoora - 1 win and 18% ahead. (ended up losing 7 in 2012 which im guessing wont be the case this year)
Lower Plenty - 2 wins ahead of last year at this point.
West Preston - Although behind where they were last year considering the player losses they suffered they have done very well to be contending for the 5.

But yes there are many variables with list changes ect so its not that straight forward.

Monty - Agree, however no sure if its just the new coach or they got rid of prima donnas that they thought they needed but now realise where holding them back but they all love Jack.
Bundoora - Seriously, two years ago they were top and won the flag. Phil left (I think both sides happy with that for unknown reasons) and they are back where they belong.
Lower Plenty - Ahead of last year, beaten a top 3 side and two mid range sides but lost to bottom side twice. I suspect they will still finish same as last year...second last.
WPL - I agree, I think they lost a bit and are doing well to be were they are.

Yeah so I agree to disagree, there are may variables but sometimes a change in coach and game style can be an excuse.

Willits from Mont would have to be one of the best players (if not the best) in the competition.
Cannot wait for the finals to watch the battle of the premier ruckmen Finn, Willits, Dennis

Willits from Mont would have to be one of the best players (if not the best) in the competition.
Cannot wait for the finals to watch the battle of the premier ruckmen Finn, Willits, Dennis

Couldn't agree more, had a massive influence on the game last Saturday. His ability to get around the ground to so many contests is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back