Season 2013 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went down to watch the Mernda v Epping prac match 2day @ Epping.
Mernda on top all day , lucky Epping kicked 4-5goals in the last qtr or result would have looked a lot worse than the 3 goal final margin. Epping looked SLOW , the zone backline set-up just didn't work at all. The midfield was smashed by a more desperate young mernda side. Was told Epping had 3-4 out , but we had 6-7 missing (bux day). As the game wore on the rumblings from the Epping faithful got louder & louder. Gona be a LONG year for the pingers me thinks.

Surely its time for some serious predictions.

Premiers - Heidelberg
Runner Up - Bundoora
Other Finalists - Montmorency, Northcote Park, Greensborough
Relegation - Macleod

Comp B'n'f - Rowan Nayna (Mont)
Goalkicking - Brad Miller (Heid) and Paul Currie (Elt) (77 goals)

Most talked about moment - Dale Nolan and Brad Miller combine for 20+ goals on more than one occasion in 2013

Surely its time for some serious predictions.

Premiers - Heidelberg
Runner Up - Bundoora
Other Finalists - Montmorency, Northcote Park, Greensborough
Relegation - Macleod

Comp B'n'f - Rowan Nayna (Mont)
Goalkicking - Brad Miller (Heid) and Paul Currie (Elt) (77 goals)

Most talked about moment - Dale Nolan and Brad Miller combine for 20+ goals on more than one occasion in 2013

My god i wish this was going to be true

Like you way of thinking HB. Lets see:

Grand Final - Heidleberg to beat Bundoora in a ripping GF at Preston with a beautiful windless day in front of the biggest crowd seen in NFL history.
Other finalists - Northcote Park, Montmorency, Eltham.
Relegation - Lower Plenty
Comp B&F - Whilst the Tigers and Bulls had joint winners last year I reckon with to many stars they will take votes off each other. I agree with HB that if Nayna plays all year he will have to be in mix.
Goalkicking - Moorecroft has to be another chance, Miller will give him a run for his money.

Most talked about moment - I will go out on a limb here and say that the season record of 5 draws last season will be matched or even beaten......

Looks like early morning showers and then a clear sky for Friday nights Blockbuster. The unfurling of the Premiership flag, Grand Final re-match, Hot Food, Cold Beer...Local Footy on a Friday night....where else would you want to be?

Like you way of thinking HB. Lets see:

Grand Final - Heidleberg to beat Bundoora in a ripping GF at Preston with a beautiful windless day in front of the biggest crowd seen in NFL history.
Other finalists - Northcote Park, Montmorency, Eltham.
Relegation - Lower Plenty
Comp B&F - Whilst the Tigers and Bulls had joint winners last year I reckon with to many stars they will take votes off each other. I agree with HB that if Nayna plays all year he will have to be in mix.
Goalkicking - Moorecroft has to be another chance, Miller will give him a run for his money.

Most talked about moment - I will go out on a limb here and say that the season record of 5 draws last season will be matched or even beaten......

Incorrect, cougars and bulls.

Went down to watch the Mernda v Epping prac match 2day @ Epping.
Mernda on top all day , lucky Epping kicked 4-5goals in the last qtr or result would have looked a lot worse than the 3 goal final margin. Epping looked SLOW , the zone backline set-up just didn't work at all. The midfield was smashed by a more desperate young mernda side. Was told Epping had 3-4 out , but we had 6-7 missing (bux day). As the game wore on the rumblings from the Epping faithful got louder & louder. Gona be a LONG year for the pingers me thinks.

Is this for real? Epping got beaten by a division 3 premiership side (now in division 2). Dear god they will get tortured in division 1.

Anyway heres my prediction..

Grand Final - Montmorency defeat Berg's in front of 10,000 on a windy day at preston
Other finalists - Northcote Park, Bundy, Eltham
Relegation - Epping
Comp B&F - Rowen Nayna (mont)
Goalkicking - Cloke 70
Most talked about moment -
6+ week suspension for a hot headed player after massive on field fight

Cant believe the cougars havent been talked about in playing in the granny/ back to back !! As much as im a berg fan they are too good to be ignored? Dont let them fly under the radar like they did last year we all know why happened there!

All that been said bring on Friday night, hopefully a cracking affair

Grand Final: heidelberg vs NP
Comp Bnf: Jamie Allan (heid)
relegation: Macloed
Goal kicking: Cloke

Talked about moment: Mont choking yet again :)

Is this for real? Epping got beaten by a division 3 premiership side (now in division 2). Dear god they will get tortured in division 1.

Grand Final - Montmorency defeat Berg's in front of 10,000 on a windy day at preston
Relegation - Epping
Goalkicking - Cloke 70
Last season Mernda easily beat Hurstbridge and Morang in practice matches who were in D2, no surprise they now knock off a D1 side

Relegation - Epping
Goalkicking - Cloke 70
Last season Mernda easily beat Hurstbridge and Morang in practice matches who were in D2, no surprise they now knock off a D1 side

Well i am surprised. The difference between d2, d3 and d1 is MASSIVE.. Epping is in for a horror season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grand final : northcote to beat heidelberg
other finalist : mont bundy and eltham.
Relegation : epping
comp b&f : ben mcniece tied with nayna
Goalkicking : cloke 74
Most talked about moment : northcote going back 2 back

Grand Final: Heidelberg Vs Northcote Bergers to win
Other finalists: Bundoora, Mont, West
Relegation: Lower Plenty
Comp B & F: Miller
Goal kicking: Moorcroft
Most talked about moment: Mont suffering straight sets exit again, president leaving and all the mont people coming back and throwing a massive party and then being very successful for a long period!

Grand final : Heidelberg V Bundoora Bundy to get the chocolates
Other Finalists : Mont, Northcote Park, Greensborough
Relegation : Lower Plenty (Got Nuthin)
Comp B & F : Dyson, Nayna Miller
Goal Kicking : Moorcroft (for the 9th consecutive year)
Most talked about moment : the brawl during the Lower Plenty/West preston game involving former friends or the long injury list at heidelberg.

I'm getting nervous, when is the footy tipping comp being announced.

Northcote Park
Heidelberg

Epping
Bundoora

W Preston Lakeside
Montmorency

Lower Plenty
Eltham

Greensborough
Macleod

BRING ON THE FOOTY:D

Cant believe the cougars havent been talked about in playing in the granny/ back to back !! As much as im a berg fan they are too good to be ignored? Dont let them fly under the radar like they did last year we all know why happened there!

All that been said bring on Friday night, hopefully a cracking affair

Grand Final: heidelberg vs NP
Comp Bnf: Jamie Allan (heid)
relegation: Macloed
Goal kicking: Cloke

Talked about moment: Mont choking yet again :)
Speaking about "flying under the radar" No one seems to think that Epping will be relegated. I appreciate there are a few teams that may not be contenders for September football, but surely at this stage of proceedings, Epping are starting from further back than any of the "now seasoned" Div 1 clubs who know exactly what they are in for? I also think that you can throw a blanket over 4 clubs as far as the GF is concerned with no 1 club sticking out more than another - Bulls, NP, Bergs, Mont with my only concern being Monts depth given the departures at mid tier level. They appear to be thinner than the others from 15 to 22 on their list. IMO of course!

Grand Final: Heidelberg Vs Montmorency
Other finalists: Bundoora, NPark, WPres
Relegation: Epping
Comp B & F: Justin White
Goal kicking: Miller
Most talked about moment: Pia new Page 3 girl for the Northerner

Speaking about "flying under the radar" No one seems to think that Epping will be relegated. I appreciate there are a few teams that may not be contenders for September football, but surely at this stage of proceedings, Epping are starting from further back than any of the "now seasoned" Div 1 clubs who know exactly what they are in for? I also think that you can throw a blanket over 4 clubs as far as the GF is concerned with no 1 club sticking out more than another - Bulls, NP, Bergs, Mont with my only concern being Monts depth given the departures at mid tier level. They appear to be thinner than the others from 15 to 22 on their list. IMO of course!

Further to my "flying under the radar" files, I note that H'berg have added three players that havent attracted too much attention. I looked at the clearances in more detail today to find that - Chaz Sargeant, Lance Oswald and Mark Lynch have been cleared to Warringal Park. Not sure if too much has been mentioned on here about these blokes but WOW, what a list of ins to be added to the higher profiles such as Miller, Jaimie Allan, Mike Favrin etc Lynch is as good as Nayna IMO !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back