Season 2013 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Further to my "flying under the radar" files, I note that H'berg have added three players that havent attracted too much attention. I looked at the clearances in more detail today to find that - Chaz Sargeant, Lance Oswald and Mark Lynch have been cleared to Warringal Park. Not sure if too much has been mentioned on here about these blokes but WOW, what a list of ins to be added to the higher profiles such as Miller, Jaimie Allan, Mike Favrin etc Lynch is as good as Nayna IMO !

I played against both Nayna and Lynch last year and Nayna is a much better played then Lynch.
Played about 9 games in 2011 and 14 last year and runner up twice in league medal. Would have won last year if he didn't miss those 4 games as he only got passes on the last round.

Getting so pumped for tonights game. Can't wait to head out there :D

Grand Final: Heidelberg def. Bundoora
Other finalists: Northcote Park, Montmorency, Greensborough
Relegation: Lower Plenty
B&F: Jamie Allan
Goalkicker: Brad Miller

Most talked about moment: Slime going on a good run late in the season (a la Northcote Park) and making the finals with their young squad.

1 - Heidelberg
2 - Bundoora
3 - Northcote Park
4 - Montmorency
5 - Greensborough
6 - Eltham
7 - West Preston-Lakeside
8 - Epping
9 - Macleod
10 - Lower Plenty

Further to my "flying under the radar" files, I note that H'berg have added three players that havent attracted too much attention. I looked at the clearances in more detail today to find that - Chaz Sargeant, Lance Oswald and Mark Lynch have been cleared to Warringal Park. Not sure if too much has been mentioned on here about these blokes but WOW, what a list of ins to be added to the higher profiles such as Miller, Jaimie Allan, Mike Favrin etc Lynch is as good as Nayna IMO !

Is Mike Favrin any relation to the former goalsneak Mark Favrin?:D:D

Does anyone have anything to say about what teams will fair well in C grade this year? I watch these forums quite regularly but the B and C grade are rarely talked about.
My tip for C grade ladder is:

1. Northcote Park
2. Greensborough
3. Eltham
4. Macleod
5. Montmorency
6. Lower Plenty
7. West Preston
8. Hiedelberg
9. Epping
10. Bundoora

Does anyone have anything to say about what teams will fair well in C grade this year? I watch these forums quite regularly but the B and C grade are rarely talked about.
My tip for C grade ladder is:

1. Northcote Park
2. Greensborough
3. Eltham
4. Macleod
5. Montmorency
6. Lower Plenty
7. West Preston
8. Hiedelberg
9. Epping
10. Bundoora

I reckon one of the hardest things to predict is the U19s ladder. NP and Boro always have decent teams, Boros coach has an excellent record and I am sure they will be up there again like you say. Have heard rumours that some clubs are again struggling with numbers, would be a shame. I love getting to the games early and watching good quality U19 games.

What about the reserves comp this year fellas? As we are on the under 19 topic.. Heard that west and monts 2s have lost some players?

What about the reserves comp this year fellas? As we are on the under 19 topic.. Heard that west and monts 2s have lost some players?

Heard a few have been weakened. Tough gig being a magoo, do all the training and most the supporters are all over the ones. I watch a fair few games last year and there was a few rippers. Looking forward to the year in all grades. I reckon if you follow a club why the hell not follow all three sides.

Yea playing footy in the country in the past..if you have a succesful twos the rest of the club is healthy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to have a beer and watch the footy last night and to see the bergers get up! Great hospitality by NP and a great atmosphere at Bill Lawry

Bears beat eltham by 17 points mont beat west by around 12 goals
Very surprised by lower. I have heard some pretty average things down there about players leaving ect great for them to pull off a win.

Very surprised by lower. I have heard some pretty average things down there about players leaving ect great for them to pull off a win.

Very good effort first up they proved a lot of people wrong indeed. Had 4 blokes aged 17/18 one of whom got 2nd best on. They've lost a fair amount but also gained a fair bit as well :thumbsu:

Bit like the Essendon situation, shouldn't believe everything you hear! Ones are probably better than last season but ressies and 3's certainly won't have the same depth. Most of the guys that have moved on are 2's players and last years thirds chasing a buck. No dramas with that but certainly a bit of crap been spoken about in the off season and its great to get the season off and running so the football can do the talking! For the record probably 5 or 6 17-19 yo running around in first game and Darcy Barden skipper at 21. I know certain other clubs take a different path in trying to get success but nothing better than watching a bunch of young juniors run around with enthusiasm and deliver the goods.

Not surprised by epping. I'm thinking it will only get worse.

epping where competitive up until half way through the 2nd qrt then fell away. they lack in height and pace throuh the middle to match the top sides but should win enough games too stay up

Hmmm watching an entertaining game of footy on satdy with the pingers kicking three unanswered goals to get within 7 points 15 minutes into the second quarter, Nek Minnit, 102 point flogging, crowd fighting amongst themselves, Cloke kicking goals, Moorcroft taking speccies. Bang it's going to be a long year for the Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back