Season 2013 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a near perfect result at about 4.45. And while I'm here I'd like to thank you and that other flog Monty Girl for giving us all what we expect out of the mighty mont michine all season, that attitude that you're a little bit better than everyone else in the comp but with nothing to back it up with. Yesterday was better than last years top of the ladder then streight sets, the winning the first final, into the big one, cheer them off at half time like they've won the game, kick away the third, then oh no its all happening again just like the last time in 08, priceless. And by the weekend you'll forget it ever happened and that same air of we're a little bit better than everyone will be back and the only thing you've lost is the price of the tee shirts ,caps and stubber holders. Keep up the good work

What attitude?

Of course i will barrack for my side and support them throughout the year. I and no other monty supporter i know ever said the premiership was in the bag.

As for clapping your team off the ground? Well i dunno how long you have supported footy for but that is a pretty common thing when they played a great half of footy.

You barrack for Banyule a 3rd division amatuer club who finished 9th and you spend most of your time of this board bagging out teams especially Mont pretty sad if you ask me.

Would like at least 1 mont supporter to come on and talk about the game and why they lost rather than concentrating on the aftermatch.

3.9 in the first quarter was telling in the end.

Fitzgerald struggled again against barbero. He must be close to the best backman in the league often giving away 6inches in height.

I cannot understand what the mont coach was thinking in the last qtr. He seemed to be trying to defend a 5-6 goal lead with 30 minutes to go. Had no plan B even then bundoora hit the lead and the game needed to be won still kept a 5 man forward line.

The other message for clubs is that big names win big games. Dyson played his best footy in the finals, morcroft kicked 16 goals in 3 finals and cloke contnued to be a monster target up forward.

Would like at least 1 mont supporter to come on and talk about the game and why they lost rather than concentrating on the aftermatch.

3.9 in the first quarter was telling in the end.

Fitzgerald struggled again against barbero. He must be close to the best backman in the league often giving away 6inches in height.

I cannot understand what the mont coach was thinking in the last qtr. He seemed to be trying to defend a 5-6 goal lead with 30 minutes to go. Had no plan B even then bundoora hit the lead and the game needed to be won still kept a 5 man forward line.

The other message for clubs is that big names win big games. Dyson played his best footy in the finals, morcroft kicked 16 goals in 3 finals and cloke contnued to be a monster target up forward.

Your guess is as good as mine! Looks like they completely stopped.

I can only assume fitness? 1 game in 3 weeks plus an easy game against lower in the final round may have something to do with it. A lot of Mont players cramping in the last it looked like.

Those 3 blokes have been amazing local players which isn't always the way for Ex AFL players. Money well spent by Bundoora.

Your guess is as good as mine! Looks like they completely stopped.

I can only assume fitness? 1 game in 3 weeks plus an easy game against lower in the final round may have something to do with it. A lot of Mont players cramping in the last it looked like.

Those 3 blokes have been amazing local players which isn't always the way for Ex AFL players. Money well spent by Bundoora.
The efforts of your prized recruit from SA in the last 1/4 left a bit to be desired.he got shat on by Matty Dennis after half time and was left wanting when Mont needed a big bloke to stand up and help them out.Then he made a goose of himself sealing the deal with multiple 50 m penaltys resulting in a goal.All in all a mighty effort by the boys and the looks on the Mont faithfull when it went pear shaped was gold. Especially after all the high fives and party talk from several standing next to us.Something I will always cherish gave them a sniff and sent them all home crying go Bulls!!

The efforts of your prized recruit from SA in the last 1/4 left a bit to be desired.he got shat on by Matty Dennis after half time and was left wanting when Mont needed a big bloke to stand up and help them out.Then he made a goose of himself sealing the deal with multiple 50 m penaltys resulting in a goal.All in all a mighty effort by the boys and the looks on the Mont faithfull when it went pear shaped was gold. Especially after all the high fives and party talk from several standing next to us.Something I will always cherish gave them a sniff and sent them all home crying go Bulls!!

I dont think any Monty player would be to happy with there last quarter efforts tbh. He played a good game otherwise.

Wonder if the Big SA recruit carried on like he did becuase of a RUMOUR circulating that no funds have beebn handed out for quite a while down at Para Rd, must have been using them for all the TShirts, Stubby holders and Hats that were purchased.....Oh well always next year......Also heard a change in the coach already spoken about at Para RD....Div 2 coach from this year and league DIV1 Medalist??

Wonder if the Big SA recruit carried on like he did becuase of a RUMOUR circulating that no funds have beebn handed out for quite a while down at Para Rd, must have been using them for all the TShirts, Stubby holders and Hats that were purchased.....Oh well always next year......Also heard a change in the coach already spoken about at Para RD....Div 2 coach from this year and league DIV1 Medalist??
Yawn.... :rolleyes:

Wow what a game. I actually stood with a Mont person who drove me mad until just before 3/4 time when bundy got a couple back to back and he turned around and said they were gone much to my surprise. However I must admit the feeling on the bench was very positive at this stage. Cramping and a strange game plan (whether it was player driven or coach???) but to consistently bring the ball sideways to the grandstand in the last was predictable and easy to defend. When Williets kicke dhte ball sideways from a centre square free and it ended up going 25m backwards you could see the Mont players drop their heads.
Willets Jackson (The pesty one in the centre) Pavit were fantastic in the first half but dropped away mid way throught the third.
Bundoora just did not stop running and their persistence paid of with the class of DYSON, Shaw, the mitchells and Farrely who strained his calf in the first two minutes and then played a blinder in the last were fantastic.
There is no denying Cloke is the most valuable player in the comp. When the mont talls were jumping on Dennis he went into the ruck and made a contest, then won it.
Well done to Bundy, enjoy boys, To Mont agood hard bunch of blokes who under Whitcroft next year will be hard to beat.
Moorcroft what a star, Tennant got into him and Cloke all day and they gave it back just as much.
As for Clokes antics at the end well he and Moorcs did get spat on and threatened by those same ******s two weeks ago so as they say 'what you sow, so shall ye reap.' personally I believe the best way to answer is to play well and win.
Monty people are actually no different to any other club but the ferals that jump on at finals time are un-neccesary baggage.

Lots of keyboard warriors on here of late. Just think about how hard players work to earn the right, only to fall short at the big dance. Players will be hurting the most and it's not a great thing to kick someone when they are at their lowest ebb. Some of you need to have a good hard look at yourselves, especially the Rookies who have signed up to BF in the last week to revel in Monts misfortune. They are a proud club and will certainly be competing again for years to come. In the end, it's only a game .
I appreciate your opinion but Finals are where we see what clubs are made of and these forums should be for the punter to express their opinions. Lets remember, finals games are really the only time we ALL get to watch the same teams and contests. To that end, there are clear winners and lossers that become obvious when assessing the results of finals competitions and I for one are not shy in voicing my opinions on what I saw - Winners - West Pres U 19's coming fifth to win it, Hberg reserves coming off 1 win in 2012 to win it, Bundoora Seniors and Phil Plunket for remaining calm and focused and winning it. Its interesting to me that all these clubs have a winning culture and can orchestrate wins against the odds. Losers - Eltham U 19's for falling into a poor cultural behaviour and going out in straight sets, (I wont say Bund reserves as Second grade footy feeds A grade footy and they were the casualties of their Seniors getting across the line) And then of course there is Mont..... While I dont care about claims they are front runners or "think they are better than the rest", you cant deny that they simply dont have the ability to get the job done when its required. There have been way too many examples of their inability to win when they ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO. The pathetic people who cant control themselves and act like lunatics in the crowd. I reckon both Mont and Bund would know the offending people in this category within their clubs and I sincerely hope they take a firm hand in dealing with them. Its an inexcusable cancer that must be cut out, not turn a blind eye and put it down to the heat of the moment.

Well done to the premiership medal winners across the grades. They are deserved winners and I hope they all enjoy the rewards and memories.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Div2 coach and div 1 medalist? Which one of this years div 2 clubs won a div 1 b and f?

The pathetic people who cant control themselves and act like lunatics in the crowd. I reckon both Mont and Bund would know the offending people in this category within their clubs and I sincerely hope they take a firm hand in dealing with them. Its an inexcusable cancer that must be cut out, not turn a blind eye and put it down to the heat of the moment.

Well done to the premiership medal winners across the grades. They are deserved winners and I hope they all enjoy the rewards and memories.

You know, I go to the footy nearly every week and have done so for the last ten years and those d!$#heads that were fighting after the game, I have never seen at any ground I have been to.
As for that crowd, that was reminiscent of a Port Melbourne/Preston game from the 70's. From my observations there were a lot that didn't follow either side and that was apparent from the lack of crowd interest in the first half. It wasn't until Clokes long bomb goal and then Moorcrofts speccy ( apparently the kids in the playground are playing 'Moorca's up' nowadays) that the crowd started to get into it.
I reckon 5,500 at $15 /head = $82,000

Well you must be referring to Leigh Gray then, because from what I can tell there is not any other current coaches who have won a div 1 comp medal besides those two and Dean Haydock.

Pretty sure Leigh Gray resigned for family reasons so doubt very much he will end up coaching elsewhere this year. You wouldn't think Haydock would leave after winning a flag, so more than likely Bandera if your mail is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back