Season 2013 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are you planning on watching this years AFL Grand Final?

Home? Boring.... Pub? Can't see or hear the game, and getting a drink... forget it....
Unsure? Seriously, What if you could watch the game in total comfort in the heart of Melbourne in an exquisite location? Well you can, and we would love to see you there... The Carlton Draught BREWHOUSE in Abbortsford is the only place to be, if you can't be at the G...!

Be warmed up by the Nelson Twins before hearing from the Pre-Game panel including AFL Footy Personality Scott Cummings, MMM expert commentator Wayne Schwass and Ex-Collingwood High flyer Chris Tarrant... The guys will be joined by Dane Swan, Heath Scotland and other AFL guests on the day to discuss the match ups, insights and their tips - And best of all, Carlton will take care of all your food and refreshments with their FAMOUS TEN TAP BAR.

The sportingbet.com.au promo girls will be floating around on the day and our gaming partners will have loads of prizes available for every BREWHOUSE punter.

Tickets cost $100 and are extremely limited, so click through www.sportsupport.com.au for details and on-line tickets. Book a table and we'll look after your FOOTY CLUB with 10 FREE SLABS...!

Remember this grand final day as being the one you didn't stay home or waste your time at the pub.... come and join us, we would love to see you there :)

If this weather remains pretty much the same unfortunately its not going to be the game it could've been. Dare anybody from Mont suggest whom the weather conditions but favor.
Looks like it has stopped raining and 20% chance of 0.2mls expected tomorrow. I think it will be nearly perfect conditions at 2.30 tommorow.

Also lost to Greenvale by 4 goals who won the EDFL in their first practice match. Eltham beat Balwyn in a praccy match who won the Eastern league. Judging by games in March is a pretty shit assessment Jimmy

I totally agree with you Beamdogg

I was just stating from the last time I saw them play, wasn't assessing them.

Maybe I worded the last post wrong.

Who is going to be the first to mention the "C" word. Good win Bulls.
I don't think we can hide from that word!

Bad luck to Monty great 3 quarters but that doesn't win you a game. Good effort to bundoora who really turned it on in the last.

Disappointing but Monty will go again next year and hopefully have another crack.

Well done bulls.

WOW what a win by Bunndoora!! what a last quarter!! 8.8 to 0.0 down by 47pts half way through the third to end up winning by 29. Classic.

Montmorency living up to the choker tag brilliantly today. Will they ever win anything?

Great atmosphere at Preston city oval probably the most packed I've seen it sence going there on Grand Final day.

Well all I can say is wow. I'll forget about the unbelievable game of footy for one moment to touch on the disgusting scenes after the game.

My last qtr was viewed from in front of the scoreboard so I was a while away from the action right on and just after the siren with Moorcroft. I made sure I got there quickly and got the phone out on video incase anything happened. As Moorcroft and the others dispersed to start celebrating Cloke broke away and made his way towards some Montmorency players/supporters. He didn't say anything but he had a sh*t eating grin on his face (understandably I guess). He was straight away confronted by a Mont supporter who abused him and pushed him in the chest, and the fight erupted. It then broke up, then erupted again. This happened a few times before a Bundoora (I'm 99% sure) supporter was king hit and knocked out. (for which I have footage of)

Frankly, as a neutral supporter and bystander to the fight, all I can say is that it was just an ugly, ugly look on everyone involved. I'm not singling out either groups of supporters but there were some absolutely smashed Mont supporters doing nothing but egging on each other, and with no other intentions then to throw punches. Bundoora supporters weren't much better, in fact the bloke who got KO'd actually brought it on himself to an extent - he threw a cheap shot from behind on a Mont supporter as it all started to die down.

All in all, everything that happened after the siren has unfortunately ruined a classic Grand Final for me.

gee just herd the scores and quite bluntly iam f##cking wrapped wat a bunch of useless weak picks monty r and always will b:):):p keep spending $$$$ and choke at the big dance ha ha ha made my day :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that game and the subsequent aftermath has rendered me almost speechless. I really don't know what to say. Where to for Mont from here? Phil Plunkett four NFL flags at two clubs, what an effoty. Why was there only a handful of police at the ground? Will alcohol be banned at all NFL finals next year? Surely this takes the cake as the ultimate choke.

Well that game and the subsequent aftermath has rendered me almost speechless. I really don't know what to say. Where to for Mont from here? Phil Plunkett four NFL flags at two clubs, what an effoty. Why was there only a handful of police at the ground? Will alcohol be banned at all NFL finals next year? Surely this takes the cake as the ultimate choke.

Was pretty bad! What was it all about? Didn't even look to be Bundoora or Mont people involved in it people just fighting for he sake of it.

How about Cameron Cloke giving the choke sign again to the Mont fans. I was sitting right behind the Mont fans (as a neutral) and thought it was a bit disgraceful to see him do that. Sure there has been some rivalry between the two clubs (especially towards him) but humility please Cameron.

How about Cameron Cloke giving the choke sign again to the Mont fans. I was sitting right behind the Mont fans (as a neutral) and thought it was a bit disgraceful to see him do that. Sure there has been some rivalry between the two clubs (especially towards him) but humility please Cameron.

Yeah i was right there and was pretty bad sportsmanship.

Really not surprised his own team mate punched him when he was at Carlton

Where to from here? Well at the start of the year people rendered mont "screwed" after they lost a number of players. Im pretty impressed with how well they went this season. Had a lot of kids running around this year and others who couldnt get a game last year

Get some more depth and have another crack next year. Thats all you can do.

One of the most unbelievable results I've ever seen.

The boys were never in the game at all.... Until that 3qt time siren went. Then something just clicked. To bang home 8.8 to 0.0 in the last term was remarkable. We'll done to everyone involved. Go Bulls !!!!

One of the most unbelievable results I've ever seen.

The boys were never in the game at all.... Until that 3qt time siren went. Then something just clicked. To bang home 8.8 to 0.0 in the last term was remarkable. We'll done to everyone involved. Go Bulls !!!!
It was actually 9.8 to be precise SPC and it was mint!

What should have been a great day for the league with a fantastic contest was severely tarnished by what took place after the final siren. DISGRACEFUL!

Surely Moorcroft, Tennant and Coghill could have stopped their altercation as soon as the siren sounded and shaken hands and it could have prevented things escalating. Instead they chose to continue fighting for some time after the siren. But that in no way excuses spectators becoming involved with players. The league should seriously look into the spectators responsible for becoming physically involved with players and give them hefty bans. There is enough violence in society, often with serious consequences, without it entering our sporting competitions.

As far as the game goes, Mont went into their shells about 20 minutes into the 3rd quarter and tried to protect their lead rather than take the game on. Their run totally stopped and no one seemed to want to stand up and lead the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back