Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

More rumours that Gembrook want in to the Ellinbank West Division. Suppose travel could be a factor withnbigbtrips to Thorton, King Lake etc. Anyone from up that way heard anything.

Seems of late that clubs are doing whatever it takes (no, not the Essendon type of whatever it takes) to get out of second division. If you can't win the flag just do a Silvan, South Belgrave and from a couple of posts Gembrook, by pulling up stumps and leaving. I'm sure that the topic of clubs leaving has been raised by the league board more than once. If Gembrook did apply to leave, would they have to give 12 months notice?

Have heard of a massive exodus of players. Walker, Leversha, Gough, Main, Williams all heading to Moores rd for 2014.

Walker will be at Rowville or Emerald
Main assistant coach at Cora Lynn
Emerald will have a fair crack at Williams and Gough to return home

Mt Evelyn have gone unnoticed as they have recruited 6 or 7 players already, no names that stand out but good 2nd division players from the EFL have been noted.

Has anyone got a list of the best and fairest winners from this year??
So far we have
Tim mckail (warby) does anyone know where Barnard the league medalist finish?
Sam gooley (upwey)
Mitch Bonuda (Woori) and a BOG in a premiership winning side
Justin Myers (wandin)
Lachy Urquart (my ev)
Thomas Stubley (belgrave)

All deserved winners??? Some would argue wouldn't mine anyone's opinion

Any news on emerald gembrook olinda monbulk???

Also good to see Goodwin taking on the kinglake job, will be a massive in for the club and hopefully generate a good football club in the years to come!

Walker will be at Rowville or Emerald
Main assistant coach at Cora Lynn
Emerald will have a fair crack at Williams and Gough to return home

Walker will play at Montrose..

Williams already signed at Monbulk apparently. Gembrook furious about it. Heard JT won Emeralds but thats third hand. Dunno why anyone would lie about it so I believe it.

Yes this is true

Ive heard from the horses mouth that Belgrave have recruited very well. Signed 4 big names and have only lost 1 or 2, also have a few coming back from season ending injuries. will be decent next year.

Belgrave's recruits are apparently:

Chris Kelf (Beaconsfield/Kyabram)
Nathan Tiberi (Noble Park)
Daniel Field (Gembrook/Narre Warren)
Andrew Field (Gembrook/Narre Warren)

Plus I've heard Jesse Pearce is on track for a Round 1 return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard kelf almost signed at emerald after promising Taylor he would play there half way thru last year. Very handy pick up for the magpies. IMO them and wandin early favs to fight it out. Also heard emerald may have lost cox to Hampton park. Close mates with Creepa and been offered a truck load of Johnny cash. Only whispers but from pretty reliable source. Quite surprised if true as I think him and Taylor are pretty close too

Heard kelf almost signed at emerald after promising Taylor he would play there half way thru last year. Very handy pick up for the magpies. IMO them and wandin early favs to fight it out. Also heard emerald may have lost cox to Hampton park. Close mates with Creepa and been offered a truck load of Johnny cash. Only whispers but from pretty reliable source. Quite surprised if true as I think him and Taylor are pretty close too

rumour about kelf is true. I was part of the original conversation. I know JT is shattered about it but there is the beacy connection between kelfy and the Collins boys. rumour about cox is also true altho not the massive coin part. HP simply don't have massive coin to offer anyone. all players there know that times are still tough and there is plenty of work to do. JT and Coxy are close and will remain so. Coxy wants to look into coaching and feels he's better off doing that elsewhere. While JT is disappointed he has given full support to the move from what I have been told. hope that clears some things up.....

I'm led to believe Creepa has offered him a performance based contract that could take him up around 700 a game sratsky... I'd say that qualifies as a truck load. Especially for a medium fwd. Hampton park are determined to make inroads this year and are spending up according to my gembrook sources close to Creepa.

I'm led to believe Creepa has offered him a performance based contract that could take him up around 700 a game sratsky... I'd say that qualifies as a truck load. Especially for a medium fwd. Hampton park are determined to make inroads this year and are spending up according to my gembrook sources close to Creepa.

Its ashtray money compared to the 2 Grand that Matt Polkinghorn will be getting a game.

Wandin reportabley and ginger ill give it to u, u may be a complete f?@&ing tool but u get the milk from a cows teat quicker than anyone. The 2k is a huge over exaggeration but credit where credits due

Wandin reportabley and ginger ill give it to u, u may be a complete f?@&ing tool but u get the milk from a cows teat quicker than anyone. The 2k is a huge over exaggeration but credit where credits due

Told Mooroolbark Monday night he wont be playing there next season. 2k is right on the dot and its The Finger not ginger.

I strongly dispute that figure. he will be paid as a playing assistant but I think u'll find for much less than what has been reported. I don't do the contracts at HP but I am on the coaching staff and am very close with the bean counters there.....

Thornton/Eildon FNC made a bid to re-enter the YV in 2014 at the recent AGM ?
Was voted 10 for to 7 against but required a 75% margin in favour to go through ?
Virtually all Div 1 clubs said yes barr a couple ?
Virtually all Div 2 clubs said no ?

Just what I heard from a representative.

Alexandra FNC absolutely dead against TEFNC coming back into the YV ?

Sounded like a reasonably animated conversation took place, anyone with anymore to offer ?

That's pretty big news IMO !!!

I'm more than interested to hear everybody's differing points of view here...

Thornton/Eildon FNC made a bid to re-enter the YV in 2014 at the recent AGM ?
Was voted 10 for to 7 against but required a 75% margin in favour to go through ?
Virtually all Div 1 clubs said yes barr a couple ?
Virtually all Div 2 clubs said no ?

Just what I heard from a representative.

Alexandra FNC absolutely dead against TEFNC coming back into the YV ?

Sounded like a reasonably animated conversation took place, anyone with anymore to offer ?

That's pretty big news IMO !!!

I'm more than interested to hear everybody's differing points of view here...
I know Yarra Glen supported Thornton Eildon's return and not sure why clubs would vote no. Whilst Alex will lose the 5 or so TEFNC players that moved there, they will see the return of the great local rival. I would expect those games would be their best attended and be good for revenue?? Having an odd number of teams is a bit of a hassle but not enough to warrant blocking the return of a footy club

Its ashtray money compared to the 2 Grand that Matt Polkinghorn will be getting a game.

has been paid a sign on fee which is better than he could have expected. $25K.
Polky could have played div 1 seniors most places so its a big move but hate to think what Rodney Ross was worth.
Must be some serious supporters forking out as the Kid is back as well as he owed them a season after doing his knee after taking the sign on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back