Season 2015..

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Yarrawonga recover from their slump in time for the finals and challenge Albury & Lavi?
I personally don't think Raiders, North Albury, Wodonga or Wang will be a serious threat to the top 2.

Funny rumor doing the rounds over in the Ovens and King forum. Suggests the return of Karl Norman to Rovers in a coaching or co-coaching role with Nigel Robinson. What are peoples views on this one? Step forward or backwards?

Funny rumor doing the rounds over in the Ovens and King forum. Suggests the return of Karl Norman to Rovers in a coaching or co-coaching role with Nigel Robinson. What are peoples views on this one? Step forward or backwards?

Funny you mention the Wang rovers coaching gig, I'm hearing a strong rumour that they are chasing Patty Rose.
I know we have heard he's name been thrown around quiet a lot, but I have heard it from a number of people.
Have heard North are looking for a new coach as well

Funny you mention the Wang rovers coaching gig, I'm hearing a strong rumour that they are chasing Patty Rose.
I know we have heard he's name been thrown around quiet a lot, but I have heard it from a number of people.

I have heard that Karl might be headed back to Rovers in 2016 but I highly doubt it would be in a coaching capacity!

Have also heard that Patty Rose has been up for a tour of the facilities. Not sure he'd be great for a club like Rovers who have such a strong family culture. Heard he didnt really make much of an effort in his last stint in the O&M.

Who do we think is the best player outside the O&M that is yet to play O&M on the surrounding district leagues?

If we look to the north in the RFL and Farrer League I'd say Brad Aitken (CAK) and Marc Geppert (Currently with East Wagga) are 2 names that jump into my mind.

Once again that might by looking too far.

I'd like to think any players from the O&K, Hume, Tallangatta, Upper Murray or Murray leagues that is a decent player would've either already been at an O&M club or will be soon depending on their age.

Who do we think is the best player outside the O&M that is yet to play O&M on the surrounding district leagues?

Great topic to discuss! So many good players running around in district leagues who with a solid preseason and the right coaching could be great depth players at O&M level. Don't need to go far & wide and spend $$$ to build a handy side.

My tip - Beau Walker (Howlong).

Jye Shields came into Wodonga for a while and played a few senior games but should fit into the category because he didn't have a real crack. He's a gun.
Alex Beggs at Mitta would have been a super player at O&M level too.
Harrison Macreadie at Henty would be good and so would Heath Ohlin.

Jaimon Mcgeehan and Jack Stamp in the O&K are a class above the league. Both made limited apperances for Wang pies during the 07/08 glory years as young blokes. Both would be dominant at o&m level now that they are at the peak of their careers.

On the Karl Norman issue, would Bulldogs be terrified he is returning to the league? Pratty would be an almost certain Rovers player with the lure of playing with his great mate Storm'em, from what i have seen of Bulldogs he has been massive this year and would be a crippling loss.

Super topic, Beau Walker would almost be no 1
Brad Talbot CDHBU
John Willis Thurgoona
Alex Beggs Mitta

I would love to see a combined rep squad between Hume & Tallangatta leagues tackle a few O&M sides

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jaimon Mcgeehan and Jack Stamp in the O&K are a class above the league. Both made limited apperances for Wang pies during the 07/08 glory years as young blokes. Both would be dominant at o&m level now that they are at the peak of their careers.

On the Karl Norman issue, would Bulldogs be terrified he is returning to the league? Pratty would be an almost certain Rovers player with the lure of playing with his great mate Storm'em, from what i have seen of Bulldogs he has been massive this year and would be a crippling loss.
There is a reason the likes of Stamp are playing in the O and K - fringe player at best

Super topic, Beau Walker would almost be no 1
Brad Talbot CDHBU
John Willis Thurgoona
Alex Beggs Mitta

I would love to see a combined rep squad between Hume & Tallangatta leagues tackle a few O&M sides
Beau Walker from Howlong is a ripper. John Willis agreed.
Jye shields From Kiewa A Handy Player.

Some ripping kids running around in these leagues.

Mate are you saying they are chasing Patty Rose to play or Capt/coach. Not sure how Patty would go coaching but can still play well.

done deal mate does you all remembers i called this weeks ago remember

I think there's an upset brewing tomorrow. Bulldogs to beat Raiders in front of a big crowd and Ben Hollands best on ground with 5 goals.
How good are Albury traveling if they can drop Mark Bush? Looking pretty ominous with finals only 6 weeks away.

On a lighter note I noticed Allan Endrez was in the news for what seems a positive step for his court case, & by coincidence his son gets a call up.
"Give me the money" says aker.

In all seriousness though, Aker has been away for 4 weeks & there are 5 changes with Jordan Harrington being dropped. Just seems strange to me, surely aker couldn't drop them because of form. He didn't watch them play

On a lighter note I noticed Allan Endrez was in the news for what seems a positive step for his court case, & by coincidence his son gets a call up.

In all seriousness though, Aker has been away for 4 weeks & there are 5 changes with Jordan Harrington being dropped. Just seems strange to me, surely aker couldn't drop them because of form. He didn't watch them play
There's a website where you can actually watch all O&M games, and North also has their own cameraman record every game to keep an eye on how blokes are setting up. Aker is the best prepared coach I've ever seen and would have watched every game at least once. Harrington is a very good player when he gets the ball, but Aker wants him to be more accountable; tackles, defensive pressure etc.....he's trying to make him a better footballer.

Aker would have seen each of the games, ultimate professional, and he would have noted that Jordan's output has been down a bit, don't worry he'll be back. On another note the Hoppers were very good today, massive turnaround from the Raiders effort. Difference was Albury made the most of their opportunities, honestly believe North had the ball in their forward 50 for longer periods, just couldn't convert.
And one more thing, what is it with Satanta and his goal celebrations? Hate to see what he's like on Christmas day. First class tool!

On the best player outside of O&M? There's a kid playing in the Hume League by the name of Nico Sedgewick, played all his junior footy ẃith Lavington, including a couple of seasons in the seniors. He'd only be 22 years old, and as good as they are going, i think he'd walk into lavington's senior side right now!

On the best player outside of O&M? There's a kid playing in the Hume League by the name of Nico Sedgewick, played all his junior footy ẃith Lavington, including a couple of seasons in the seniors. He'd only be 22 years old, and as good as they are going, i think he'd walk into lavington's senior side right now!
Absolutely - goes real well!

You can't be serious wizards? No favorites at north like years gone by. You earn your spot and if you don't want to play the North Albury way you don't get picked. They played like a bunch of pansies against Wodonga raiders there were gunna be changes. There had to be it wasn't good enough last time. Its a shame they were the better side for 3 quarters today. Played some real good footy. 24 points was not a true indication of the game. North dominated for most of it. Need to produce that week in week out now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 2015..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back