SEASON 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

How’d ya team of kids go for ya today Woooirrrby.
Kids and Senior group couldn’t get the job done today, but super proud of the way our club have gone about it this year…
WMFNC is setup really well for the future and some finals experience will do us well moving forward.
Are we disappointed with the end result for the year? Absolutely. Powelly were too good and too experienced today but we’ll learn and hopefully use it to drive us in the future.

6 out of 7 teams in the grand final shows our club is well structured and setup for long term success..

Love how people are so happy to get on here and take pot shots under hidden names. It’s local footy and if it means that much maybe you need to find something more important to focus your energy on…

Kids and Senior group couldn’t get the job done today, but super proud of the way our club have gone about it this year…
WMFNC is setup really well for the future and some finals experience will do us well moving forward.
Are we disappointed with the end result for the year? Absolutely. Powelly were too good and too experienced today but we’ll learn and hopefully use it to drive us in the future.

6 out of 7 teams in the grand final shows our club is well structured and setup for long term success..

Love how people are so happy to get on here and take pot shots under hidden names. It’s local footy and if it means that much maybe you need to find something more important to focus your energy on…
You’re 100% correct mate, key board warriors they’ll never go away.
Your club is in great window of opportunity, building something special up there and their time will come. Played some fantastic football this year and the younger crew will take a lot away from it.
Well done on a fantastic year and a huge archivement having 6/7 teams into a grand final.

Agree. Too much bullshit said about clubs off field when on field there’s a lot of respect.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyway……….back to something relevant.

I and a good many others at a premier game yesterday were wondering why H’ville were denied premier finals after specifically asking for them?

Anyway……….back to something relevant.

I and a good many others at a premier game yesterday were wondering why H’ville were denied premier finals after specifically asking for them?

It’s a 59min drive from Narre which is way to far for them to travel given they’re trying to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Both facts , warby has gone with kids and powelly has brought flags , what your point,

Point is their arrogance. While Powelltown and recruited Fowkes Perry Van Unan Moreland Castree Sverns Conyers etc Good old Wooorrrby decided kids were the answer.

Hows that working for ya.

Good move for Beacy and Berwick, s**t move for the rest of the EFL.

I look at it like this... if I'm running a club, it's my job to do what's in its best interests. If any club wants into the competition, then my default answer is no - because they're just another club we have to beat to win a flag. Either directly, if they're in my division, or some other stronger club is being relegated down to me to make way for them.

While neutrals and spectators and others might think it's awesome to have all new clubs in the comp, but that's not my job - I have to do what's best for the club i'm running.

Now the one caveat I put on the is if the new club/s will make the league genuinely stronger. Because a rising tide does lift all boats, to a degree. If the comp is stronger then it benefits all as players and others are attracted to the better league.

So when clubs like Noble Park and Balwyn entered, it was a good thing for the league. They made the league stronger overall, and took on and beat Vermont, which was great. They significantly lifted the quality of the league.

Berwick and Beaconsfield haven't done this. They've shown to be inferior to the top clubs in the league... they haven't lifted the quality overall, their impact on the league has been extremely negligible. Overall they're really no stronger than 20 other club in the comp. They've done nothing for the league overall except be another roadblock for clubs trying to win.

Good luck to them, it was a great move for them and I hope they're enjoying it. All the clubs that voted them in... boneheaded move. Turkeys voting for christmas!
Havent improved the quality of the league??

I Didn't realise that Eastern was now only 1 division.. They aren't Nunawading FFS.

Of course they've made the league stronger.

The first three divisions of Eastern are the thing every comp in the state would be aspiring to be like.

All it's proven is Berwick should have been placed into Div 1 where the league originally wanted to put them. Knocked back at the first vote based on it being a Div 1 Entry. Got through the second time around with a Premier division starting point.

Hearing Narre trying to get to the Southern.
It won't be Southern that stops them.. They will have them in a heartbeat..

How narre football navigates the process at committee level with the way its constitution is structured is the roadblock.

Cranbourne has gone from a full-stack in all grades of netball to one team in B grade 2023 and potentially none in 2024.

Are Nare willing to sacrifice their netball? If they aren't they will remain in the outer east.

Havent improved the quality of the league??

I Didn't realise that Eastern was now only 1 division.. They aren't Nunawading FFS.

Of course they've made the league stronger.

The first three divisions of Eastern are the thing every comp in the state would be aspiring to be like.

All it's proven is Berwick should have been placed into Div 1 where the league originally wanted to put them. Knocked back at the first vote based on it being a Div 1 Entry. Got through the second time around with a Premier division starting point.

I'm talking from the point of view of the clubs. They're the ones that voted them in.

All they have now is two more clubs that are pushing others down into relegation.

Extra clubs have been relegated this year. Premiers aren't being promoted, as they should be.

And for what? No increase in quality or extra competitiveness at the top of the league. Just a couple more clubs that are no stronger than 20 others, which are miles outside the EFNL region and bring small crowds to games because of the distance (not having a go at their supporters, it's totally understandable for them).

It was a really dumb move by the EFNL clubs. The EFNL admin are pretty canny in the way they do it, they never make the consequences instant, they just "make a 12 team league" or whatever and then push the extra relegations / no promotions a few more years down the road. Apparently there's no clubs smart enough to look forward more than one year, so they probably deserve it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Point is their arrogance. While Powelltown and recruited Fowkes Perry Van Unan Moreland Castree Sverns Conyers etc Good old Wooorrrby decided kids were the answer.

First explain who wooorrby are?
So a club wants to play its kids and that's arrogance in your eyes?
Do you realise how stupid that sounds.

Arrogance is giving kids a run and looking to the future as opposed to splashing cash to buy a flag??
Jeez you'd run a good family club

Arrogance is giving kids a run and looking to the future as opposed to splashing cash to buy a flag??
Jeez you'd run a good family club

Are they play in the grand final?

How’d it go playing a dozen Under 19’s in the finals?

Arrogance.

Arrogance.
Probably helps set up a future by getting some kids good finals experience as opposed to bringing a few blokes in for one year, then they coin hop somewhere else and piss off the locals.
Any club with cash can buy a flag for one year... but how does that help in the long run?

Do you realise how stupid that sou

Arrogance.
Let it go man,
Your comment about warby being arrogant because they went with youth which they have plenty off is a stupid thing to say.
That's a fact.
Last time I looked powelly still need to beat Alex to win the flag, if powelly gets nutted your comment sounds even more stupid.

Probably helps set up a future by getting some kids good finals experience as opposed to bringing a few blokes in for one year, then they coin hop somewhere else and piss off the locals.
Any club with cash can buy a flag for one year... but how does that help in the long run?
Let it go man,
Your comment about warby being arrogant because they went with youth which they have plenty off is a stupid thing to say.
That's a fact.
Last time I looked powelly still need to beat Alex to win the flag, if powelly gets nutted your comment sounds even more stupid.

Playing over rated kids and then getting made look stupid.

Heres a bit of advice either spend or lose. Your choice.

Here some advice for you , first to say its arrogant for a club to play its kids is one thing but to then following it up with the kids are over rated you take it to another level, anyone with half a brain knows getting two finals into kids against good opposition is great learning and development for the kids and club,
So disrespectful and weak to say other clubs kids are over rated when you don't watch them week in week out.

Here some advice for you , first to say its arrogant for a club to play its kids is one thing but to then following it up with the kids are over rated you take it to another level, anyone with half a brain knows getting two finals into kids against good opposition is great learning and development for the kids and club,
So disrespectful and weak to say other clubs kids are over rated when you don't watch them week in week out.

Straight sets. Next.

Arrogance.

Yeah... Nah. Its clear your being a flog mate, and are way off. If you are being serious then god help a club if you ever involved.
Jog on Champ

Remove this Banner Ad

SEASON 2023