SEASON 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the match review panel hand out the penalties, using the matrix. Maybe they should have sent it straight to the Tribunal. (which in my experience this year has been fair). Not sure, but can club or the League appeal the match review panel decision?
“Match review panel” is the league. They won’t appeal their own decision

Release from OEFNL

Narre and Berwick Springs have advised they wish to enter SFNL - league will not appeal this and wishes them well.

Broadford also seeking a transfer - again league will not appeal it.

Pakenham advised it is “exploring options” but has not yet applied for a transfer.
Are Pakenham exploring the Southern League as well? What other alternatives for them? When do they have to make a decision by?

Are Pakenham exploring the Southern League as well? What other alternatives for them? When do they have to make a decision by?

I think their only options would be southern or possibly Gippsland. The Gippsland league is talking about expanding to two divisions so will want clubs. Huge shift though, it’s an enormous footprint that covers the entire Gippsland region.

So yeah… Southern

Last edited:
Release from OEFNL

Narre and Berwick Springs have advised they wish to enter SFNL - league will not appeal this and wishes them well.

Broadford also seeking a transfer - again league will not appeal it.

Pakenham advised it is “exploring options” but has not yet applied for a transfer.
also back to bottom 1 being relegated instead of bottom 3

Just saw that Wratten scored 300+ ranking points for the second time. 59 disposals, does he just grab it from the ruck and kick it to get those numbers? Is he the only player they kick to?
Not having a dig at him or anything just curious. Massive numbers for a player who’s team is always losing.

Good luck for Pakenham travelling to Bairnsdale 😮

Something I didn’t know that I read this morning is that Bunyip are wanting to move from West Gippsland to the Ellinbank League. That opens up a spot in the WGFNL which could be a decent fit for Pakenham and possibly a good destination.

With Pakenham’s “exploring” the idea to move the league should just send them on their way now. They have shown their hand now. Let the league consolidate properly now with no distractions going forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something I didn’t know that I read this morning is that Bunyip are wanting to move from West Gippsland to the Ellinbank League. That opens up a spot in the WGFNL which could be a decent fit for Pakenham and possibly a good destination
The right fit for paky
In the past west gippy clubs where worried paky would dominate the competition, especially because of the size of Pakenham, being a one team town
On your way and good luck.

The right fit for paky
In the past west gippy clubs where worried paky would dominate the competition, especially because of the size of Pakenham, being a one team town
On your way and good luck.

Yeah possibly but I think they’ve shown they aren’t at that level. Not sure they’re any more threatening than say Tooradin.

They were very happy with a settled 12-club comp (and fair enough too) but with Bunyip wanting out it leaves them with 11, unless they have an Ellinbank club wanting to come the other way.

Yeah possibly but I think they’ve shown they aren’t at that level. Not sure they’re any more threatening than say Tooradin.

They were very happy with a settled 12-club comp (and fair enough too) but with Bunyip wanting out it leaves them with 11, unless they have an Ellinbank club wanting to come the other way.
Yeah they have been disappointing Pakenham.
I reckon Drouin Warragul and Wonthaggi will be very keen to cross over to the WGFNL if Pakenham get there for sure.

Yeah they have been disappointing Pakenham.
I reckon Drouin Warragul and Wonthaggi will be very keen to cross over to the WGFNL if Pakenham get there for sure.
Drouin would be the best choice to enter West Gippsland if they wished to do so as they are a smaller club compared to Warragul and Wonthaggi. The latter 2 won’t be changing leagues and I don’t believe Drouin will be either.

As for Pakenham I think they thought it would be easy in the Outer East league and they would be a powerhouse. This hasn’t been the case and they have been somewhat surprised by the standard of football and how it has really improved in the past few years. The merge of leagues has had some benefits.

Whilst the club may be looking at options my understanding is they are relatively happy in Outer East and will be in the league next year. I can also state West Gippsland will not have them as they were there previously and people have long memories. If they go anywhere in future it would be the Southern FNL.

I think if the spot becomes available Bunk you may see a Mid Gippsland club look to make a move into the West Gippsland league. Only a rumour at this time but may be a possibility from what I hear.

Just saw that Wratten scored 300+ ranking points for the second time. 59 disposals, does he just grab it from the ruck and kick it to get those numbers? Is he the only player they kick to?
Not having a dig at him or anything just curious. Massive numbers for a player who’s team is always losing.

He has been outstanding this year and kudos to how he has gone about it. Powelltown at the start of the year were in trouble and he has led from the front and provided stability which has resulted in significant improvement. I hope he gets the opportunity to lead the club again in 2025. It will be his decision if he doesn’t wish to do so I am told.

Some of his previous teammates could take a leaf from his book.

I think if the spot becomes available Bunk you may see a Mid Gippsland club look to make a move into the West Gippsland league. Only a rumour at this time but may be a possibility from what I hear.
RUMOURS are a few minor gippsland league clubs are exploring moves. Could be a domino effect that opens opportunities for Pakenham etc.
Lots of talk of club movement statewide, is it time for afl vic to grow a set and adjust league compilations to suit 2025 and beyond?

It's easy to shine in a team full of nuffies

Split round in Premier over the weekend. Three games played with 3 teams not kicking a goal until at least halfway through the 3rd Qtr.

Two teams in Div 1 not even registering a single score ??

Funny old weekend…

Remove this Banner Ad

SEASON 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back