SEASON 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't even think Rusty could get him there. I had a chat with him Saturday and he seems pretty happy with his decision. Between building, boxing and a young family, something had to give. If he still wanted to coach, he would stay at Coldstream you think. He's taken them from plodders to a tight outfit in one season.

I don't even think Rusty could get him there. I had a chat with him Saturday and he seems pretty happy with his decision. Between building, boxing and a young family, something had to give. If he still wanted to coach, he would stay at Coldstream you think. He's taken them from plodders to a tight outfit in one season.
Let’s watch this space

Bayliss stepped down from Coldstream coaching job. What a shit show. Hope they're ready to lose all there recruits that came with him.
If a senior coach doesn’t recruit well he’ll be criticised. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

Powelly’s new coach looks to be great get. Any thoughts?

If a senior coach doesn’t recruit well he’ll be criticised. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

Coached at Black Rock in the Southern League. I wouldn't say he had a great coaching Resumè, but he's young and hungry. Will have a fair few mates I dare say come and play for him too.

Spent a lot of time at black rock the last 7 odd years, and can't speak highly enough of him. He is one of those coaches that drags everyone with him. Great communicator, particularly with the younger guys. Got a lot out of the young boys on the list in the flag year. Built the club, and the playing list, up from nothing pre covid, so is a great fit for powelly given their current state.
Curious to see who does come with him. As he lives bayside, and so do all the current br team, how many would end up doing the drive several times a week. Does have the connections in the east still, so may get them from there..?

An excellent appointment for Powelltown. Good leader and will be able to recruit too.

Ben Wratten is staying as well so a great win for the club as he has been exceptional during season 2024 despite the initial uncertainty about the club and its future, especially from those who really had no idea what was going on.

Exciting times ahead for the club.

An excellent appointment for Powelltown. Good leader and will be able to recruit too.

Ben Wratten is staying as well so a great win for the club as he has been exceptional during season 2024 despite the initial uncertainty about the club and its future, especially from those who really had no idea what was going on.

Exciting times ahead for the club.
Hopefully Powelltown can finish off the season with a win in a tough season on and off the field So many doubters especially on BF questioning whether they will fold earlier in the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, it was a reasonable question to ask at the time. Particularly given they actually forfeited both reserves and seniors in round 3(?).
Certainly was a reasonable question at the time after the forfeit against Alexandra.

Since then has been an immense effort by all concerned to get the club back to its current state where it is now stable and looking forward to 2025. The recruitment of an excellent coach is a big step forward.

So much credit should be given to Ben Wratten for his efforts. Was offered very good coin to go elsewhere and stayed loyal to the club. Immense both on and off field and his performance has been unbelievable. What a great clubman and leader to have.

And a solid win today to end the year.

Last edited:
Mt Evelyn is one of the roughest and dirtiest clubs I’ve ever witnessed. How our football-netball club was treated today has made me glad that we are leaving.

Interesting week of Premier coming up. Genuinely didn’t know that ladder positions were going to be based on the head to head scenarios (I can be a bit slow)

Monbulk will likely finish in 6th spot, having had a far tougher draw despite a lower ladder finish last year, but will miss on the head to heads.

If Woori lose and Wandin win, Wandin get 2nd despite inferior % as the head to head is 1-0 to Wandin.

At the other end, it’s quite likely that Emerald / Gembrook / Pakenham all end up on 20pts, haven’t looked at the head to heads as my own “head” hurts trying to work out all this absolute rubbish….

(I went back and changed that last word, it was a little stronger)

Interesting week of Premier coming up. Genuinely didn’t know that ladder positions were going to be based on the head to head scenarios (I can be a bit slow)

Monbulk will likely finish in 6th spot, having had a far tougher draw despite a lower ladder finish last year, but will miss on the head to heads.

If Woori lose and Wandin win, Wandin get 2nd despite inferior % as the head to head is 1-0 to Wandin.

At the other end, it’s quite likely that Emerald / Gembrook / Pakenham all end up on 20pts, haven’t looked at the head to heads as my own “head” hurts trying to work out all this absolute rubbish….

If the head to heads are equal on wins does it come down to point aggregate?

Never heard so much BS so % is not factored in…..instead it comes down to head-to-head record……this league is a joke!

Remove this Banner Ad

SEASON 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back