SEASON 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Ground makes f all difference, if you’re good enough, you’ll win. Sounds very petty and smacks of looking for excuses before even loosing. Not helpful I’d recon.

No excuses we’re talking trainers, supporters coaching staff being unable to see their team or actually coach them.

Last edited:
What does everyone think of the suspension to the Warburton player?
Impossible to tell whether there was any head contact from the video I’ve seen (on VV facebook page in the comments) so I presume (or at least hope) there was more evidence presented than that?

Having watched the video it’s bewildering that this has turned into to a season ending suspension. The tribunal process this year is heavily weighted towards either suspension or the least amount of effort from the league. Really sad outcome when someone is missing footy for what didn’t appear to be much.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Having watched the video it’s bewildering that this has turned into to a season ending suspension. The tribunal process this year is heavily weighted towards either suspension or the least amount of effort from the league. Really sad outcome when someone is missing footy for what didn’t appear to be much.

Most likely accompanied by a fine

In previous years there have been some occasions where Team 1 had their seniors and reserves together but Team 2 were split over 2 locations. All they did was start the earlier game 30 - 45 mins earlier as it allowed trainers / support staff to move from 1 ground to the other.
From my experience the club whose senior football team finished higher is prioritised. Can you think of any examples that contradict that?

They’ve just sent out a memo saying now because you have all bitched and cried and accused league staff of being biased, they won’t be trying to accomodate teams playing together anymore. Good one 👏🏻 🤡
Sounds alright to me. Transparency and structure as opposed to what has gone on 👍

From my experience the club whose senior football team finished higher is prioritised. Can you think of any examples that contradict that?
I’ve just double checked how it played out. My bad, Seville FNC as the senior footy minor premier have been prioritised.

In my defence I’m a casual observer who wants to see the Burras do well 😅

They’ve just sent out a memo saying now because you have all bitched and cried and accused league staff of being biased, they won’t be trying to accomodate teams playing together anymore. Good one 👏🏻 🤡

I’d suggest actually having a structure that when questioned you can give an answer.

Last edited:
I’d suggest actually having a structure that when questioned you can give an answer.
You’ve had a mare here, anyone with half a brain can see that Seville being the top seed got prioritised (and rightly so). I love a conspiracy theory but you’ve shit the bed here. The structure you seek has been around since Noah wore short pants.

You’ve had a mare here, anyone with half a brain can see that Seville being the top seed got prioritised (and rightly so). I love a conspiracy theory but you’ve shit the bed here. The structure you seek has been around since Noah wore short pants.

You do realise there’s two sports involved.

Last week a player was red carded and reported for multiple strikes to the head. Player was offered 3 which is light but it’s finals. The club gets notified on Monday he’s all clear as the paper work wasn’t done properly.

Earlier in the year similar when two players threw countless punches at each other. One got offered 3 the other straight to the tribunal. Club challenged they went the umpire didn’t front so both clear. 🎪

I can’t understand why clubs are frustrated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last week a player was red carded and reported for multiple strikes to the head. Player was offered 3 which is light but it’s finals. The club gets notified on Monday he’s all clear as the paper work wasn’t done properly.

Earlier in the year similar when two players threw countless punches at each other. One got offered 3 the other straight to the tribunal. Club challenged they went the umpire didn’t front so both clear. 🎪

I can’t understand why clubs are frustrated.

The phrase “couldn’t run a bath” springs to mind.

A red card must go to tribunal. Player cannot be "offered" anything.

In your other example, the umpire didn't front because the league failed to advise him of the night and time of tribunal.

Massive win by Warburton. Regarding the suspension of their player during the week, I’ve since seen the complete footage and not the short clip posted to socials. Young fella had a double barrel blood nose and had to leave the ground. Clearly head high and force, definitely warrants a suspension going by the current AFL approach. Makes some comments by a lot about it being a fair bump look pretty ridiculous tbh.

Massive win by Warburton. Regarding the suspension of their player during the week, I’ve since seen the complete footage and not the short clip posted to socials. Young fella had a double barrel blood nose and had to leave the ground. Clearly head high and force, definitely warrants a suspension going by the current AFL approach. Makes some comments by a lot about it being a fair bump look pretty ridiculous tbh.

Reckon a lot of those posters would still claim it was fair with a quip about “back in my day”.

Wind causing havoc across the eastern suburbs. I was at Boronia saturday and the last quarter resembled what happened yesterday at Woori Yallock.

On Sat there were no scoring shots at the rooms end in second half of senior game at Boronia. Sunday at Ringwood we only had about 5 scores at the uphill end.

Years ago I had Woori vs Olinda during the season and only 3 behinds scored at highway end of the ground. Hill from Olinda (who could kick out a mile anyway) was hitting the centre circle from the goalsquare after a behind.

On Sat there were no scoring shots at the rooms end in second half of senior game at Boronia. Sunday at Ringwood we only had about 5 scores at the uphill end.

Years ago I had Woori vs Olinda during the season and only 3 behinds scored at highway end of the ground. Hill from Olinda (who could kick out a mile anyway) was hitting the centre circle from the goalsquare after a behind.

We had a couple of games like that at Yarra Glen years ago.
Someone kicked the ball into the wind and ended up running under/past the ball, and with the wind teams were huddling inside their F50 (or whatever their arcs are) for kick outs.

Can someone explain why the footy is at Healesville when their netball courts appear to be out of use? Surely another venue that caters for both is a better option.

Can someone explain why the footy is at Healesville when their netball courts appear to be out of use? Surely another venue that caters for both is a better option.

Outer east league are fried

They also haven’t sent out any information in regards to their Div 1 medal night that’s on Monday night. But don’t worry clubs will still get charged $$$ to go even if they can’t fill seats with 5 days notice

Remove this Banner Ad

SEASON 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back