SEASON 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Massive win by Warburton. Regarding the suspension of their player during the week, I’ve since seen the complete footage and not the short clip posted to socials. Young fella had a double barrel blood nose and had to leave the ground. Clearly head high and force, definitely warrants a suspension going by the current AFL approach. Makes some comments by a lot about it being a fair bump look pretty ridiculous tbh.

Conversations I’ve had was more about the severity of the penalty. Deliberate king hit in home and away series is 3. Debatable bump in play and you miss an entire finals series.

Conversations I’ve had was more about the severity of the penalty. Deliberate king hit in home and away series is 3. Debatable bump in play and you miss an entire finals series.
By now I think we all agree, you can’t touch the head. It was a bump and finals doesn’t come into the equation.
It’s a 2 match break all day long from the vision I’ve now seen. The king hit should’ve been 6 min.

By now I think we all agree, you can’t touch the head. It was a bump and finals doesn’t come into the equation.
It’s a 2 match break all day long from the vision I’ve now seen. The king hit should’ve been 6 min.

That’s the issue it wasn’t given 6.

Also are you claiming there are more than one camera at AFLOE games now?

Last edited:
Did Jack Nolan end up with 4 or 5 weeks for his brain fades Sunday? What the hell was he thinking the punch to the head on top of the other reportable offences.

There is obvious bad blood between us and Healesville that escalated with last years final series. When you provoke someone to the extent Healesville did with Jack you are going to get a reaction. If Jack had his time again he would no doubt not react the way he did being the captain of the club. It was very careless tackle with the Healesville player hurting his head/neck. However the punch I can’t defend.

That’s the issue it wasn’t given 6.
We’ve established that, massive **** up by the league. That balls up has nothing to do with the Warburton incident tho. Got one right, got one wrong. Unfortunately for the Warburton player.
I’ve seen more than the short clip posted to socials. Try zoom too.

We’ve established that, massive **** up by the league. That balls up has nothing to do with the Warburton incident tho. Got one right, got one wrong. Unfortunately for the Warburton player.
I’ve seen more than the short clip posted to socials. Try zoom too.

So the same footage we’ve all seen then.

There is obvious bad blood between us and Healesville that escalated with last years final series. When you provoke someone to the extent Healesville did with Jack you are going to get a reaction. If Jack had his time again he would no doubt not react the way he did being the captain of the club. It was very careless tackle with the Healesville player hurting his head/neck. However the punch I can’t defend.

Good luck with the provocation defence.

He got 2 weeks but will appeal, he was charged on the bump alone, heard they classed it as intentional not careless, Cleary Healesville player turned into him jack being bigger had no where to go,

He got 2 weeks but will appeal, he was charged on the bump alone, heard they classed it as intentional not careless, Cleary Healesville player turned into him jack being bigger had no where to go,

Sounds like the Warburton blokes case only it looked far worse and can’t see how he gets off. The act looked far more intentional and the follow up punch wasn’t great.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like the Warburton blokes case only it looked far worse and can’t see how he gets off. The act looked far more intentional and the follow up punch wasn’t great.
The Healesville bloke got up and took his kick, didn’t come from the ground, if you go to tackle and the bloke turns head first into you like he did all game what are you meant to do? It’s a split second decision, again the suspension is for the bump/tackle not the punch, and they deemed the bump/tackle intentional, when it should of been graded careless, Warburton guy elected to bump and was intentional and the guy was helped off the ground, both should get off or at least get 1 week, but we are talking about jacks incident, what happened to the Warburton bloke is done, I don’t agree with it but these are the rulings

Also if you want to talk about punches thrown, jacks thrown one into the Healesville blokes stomach and low impact, why didn’t number 2 from Healesville get suspended, he has thrown 5-7 punches in that melee

Can someone explain how Nolan was cleared??!!! Seriously this league has lost all credibility. Looks like they are desperate to appease Seville and Healesville by trying to make sure they play off in the grand final.

Can someone explain how Nolan was cleared??!!! Seriously this league has lost all credibility. Looks like they are desperate to appease Seville and Healesville by trying to make sure they play off in the grand final.
Like I said, when a player ducks there head on purpose to win a free kick all game this is the result, Jack goes to tackle, Healesville player ducks into him and earns a high free kick, it was carelsss by Jack not intentional, the Healesville player got up and took his kick and played the rest of the game, it’s a high tackle free kick and that’s it, it wasn’t a bump,

Like I said, when a player ducks there head on purpose to win a free kick all game this is the result, Jack goes to tackle, Healesville player ducks into him and earns a high free kick, it was carelsss by Jack not intentional, the Healesville player got up and took his kick and played the rest of the game, it’s a high tackle free kick and that’s it, it wasn’t a bump,

It’s a get out of jail free card. The so called tackle was incredibly dangerous and deliberate.

Add it to the ruckman 1 for a head butt and the player reported for multiple strikes in the first final and being cleared due to paperwork.

Last edited:
Based on the vision how can you argue that he should be suspended? I would of thought it would of been overturned in about 2 mins last night

It’s a get out of jail free card. The so called tackle was incredibly dangerous and deliberate.

Add it to the ruckman 1 for a head butt and the player reported for multiple strikes in the first final and being cleared due to paperwork.
Headbutt was to the chest, was low impact and had no force behind it, was 2 weeks down to 1, which in the rules is what you can appeal for, the Alex ruckman punched the ruckman harder than he headbutted, no paperwork filed is not the Seville blokes fault, and how would you avoid a player ducking into you in a split decision?

Headbutt was to the chest, was low impact and had no force behind it, was 2 weeks down to 1, which in the rules is what you can appeal for, the Alex ruckman punched the ruckman harder than he headbutted, no paperwork filed is not the Seville blokes fault, and how would you avoid a player ducking into you in a split decision?

I’m sure the Warburton player asked the same thing how do I avoid a player running fumbling a ball.
Nolan’s actions were both deliberate and extremely dangerous had to go.

The head butt also deliberate and to the face and can’t be a week.

The MRP and apparent independent tribunal is a mess.

I’m sure the Warburton player asked the same thing how do I avoid a player running fumbling a ball.

Again ones a bump causing the player the leave the ground, the other one was a high tackle, how soft do you want the game, none of those incidents should of gotten anything, jacks was the right decision especially with the grand final factor, similar to what the afl do with finals reports, the Warburton bloke should of got nothing aswell, should be playing, the same people who call the game soft now want blokes rubbed out for weeks for unavoidable contact,

He was suspended for the tackle i believe? What has happened before the tackle or after the tackle is irrelevant. Based on the video evidence it would be hard to argue that the tackle was worthy of a suspension.

Remove this Banner Ad

SEASON 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back