Official Match Thread Season 25, First Semi-Final - Dragons FFC vs. Baghdad Bombers @ Dragon Island (MOTR)

Pick A Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton, Mount Buller Demons
aO06V7B.png

Week 1 of the Season 25 Sweet F.A finals series was certainly one that fans of Qooty will be revisiting down the track.

The roller coaster of the league rolled on into the first week, and there was plenty of ups for the Baghdad Bombers as they held the Las Vegas Bears to the leagues lowest ever recorded score, eclipsing the previous record held by the West Coast Wonders by 2 less goals and going on to win by 58 points. On the other end of the roller coaster, there was plenty of downs for the Dragons FFC as the East Side Hawks 51-point third term allowed for the Hawks to cruise into the preliminary final, which forced the Dragons into the middle of the finals bracket.

To pile the intensity on even more, former Baghdad Bomber, PhenomenalV1 is set to play against his old team in a match that will have it all, including a spot in the preliminary finals on offer.

xrowvz4.png

Previous Encounters:
The Dragons FFC and the Baghdad Bombers have a rich history filled with plenty of great matches. Between Season 16 and early Season 22, the Baghdad Bombers could only manage to win one game from the clubs eleven encounters with the Dragons FFC, making the head to head scoreline somewhat... lopsided. From the last seven encounters, it has been far more even with both sides registering 3 wins and 1 draw. The most important of the victories for the Baghdad Bombers was back in Season 23, where they would knock the Dragons FFC out in a preliminary final. The Baghdad Bombers went on to win the premiership that season. The players and fans down at Dragon Island will be keen to get revenge and send the Bombers packing early.

Last time they met:

Season 25, Round 9 - Dragons FFC 14.12 (96) def. Baghdad Bombers 14.9 (93) @ Dragon Island

A close encounter in Round 9, may very well have been a preview of what finals Qootball can be expected this week. Both clubs had their dominant midfield on display with each club having 3 or more players rack up 20 or more disposals. eth-dog for the Baghdad Bombers booted 5 goals, which could be perceived as an issue as the Dragons FFC managed to bag the 4 points without relying on just one forward to kick a big haul.

Random Statistics & Facts:
  • Ljp86 & iDon are the only two players to play in all 40 games
  • Pie4Life has kicked the most goals of any player, with 50 goals from 35 matches
  • Around the ground, historically Ljp86 (153), beez (94), iDon (93) and Pie 4 Life (76) are the generals as they lead the marking leader board
  • chefmeister has the highest average of disposals (15.56) per game with players who have played in 16 or more head to head matches
  • Former Baghdad Bombers and Dragons FFC players, Gee Dub (77) and sausageroll (74) lead the overall tackle count
  • WFL, for the Dragons FFC racked up 41 disposals, the most head to head, back in Season 24, Round 3
  • 24 Players have played for both clubs in head to head matches
  • Of those 24 players, only three players in iBeng, sausageroll and Shadow Man have played in 5 or more matches against and for both teams.
:key:Keys to Victory::key:
Dragons FFC -

:key: Home Ground - The minor premiers, at Dragon Island in Season 25 have an impressive 7-2 record. With the home crowd and familiarity of the facility behind them, this will give them a huge confidence boost, as will knowing the Baghad Bombers have not been good travelers this season, having a record of 3-5.

:key: Blaze Storm - Taking over the Ruck duties in Season 25, Blaze has taken to his new role like a duck to water. He is arguably the best player in the league right now, and is a very good chance to take home the leagues best and fairest in a few weeks time. He has the highest average of disposals per game and has been lethal with just about every one of them. If he is up and about, the Dragons are a very good chance on Sunday.

:key: Fast Starters - The Dragons FFC are 8-1 when the club kicks the first goal of the match in Season 25. The only exception, was last week against the East Side Hawks. If momentum swings the way of the Dragons early, it could be game over, and very fast.

Baghdad Bombers -

:key: Second Quarter - The Baghdad Bombers this season have don't have a rather impressive qtr by qtr record, but nor do the Dragons FFC. However, in second quarters the Baghdad Bombers are 11-6 (league #1) and their opposition are 8-1-8. If the Bombers want to walk away winners, their chance is likely to come before the main break. They must take full advantage when their chances come.

:key: Close Game - Should the game be close, as predicted, the Baghdad Bombers have shown not to panic late in games. This evident by the fact they have won 5 games by less than 10 points this season. They will need to keep their emotions in check and keep their heads up when things are not going their way, especially if it is late in the game.

:key: TheCoach16 - With the game predictions swaying towards this being a close encounter, the Bombers superstar is league #6 for tackles in Season 25 across 17 games. This will be a high pressure game, and TheCoach16 will need to be in good form and ready for a very heated, contested battle. He could very well be the match winner for the Baghdad Bombers.

Predictions:
Hate's prediction model, which is rather useless as is everything else above because the sim is literally 50/50 says:

Win Probability:

Dragons FFC - 56.91%
Baghdad Bombers - 43.09%​

Predicted Scoreline:
Dragons FFC 15.4 (94) def.
Baghdad Bombers 13.8 (86)​

Did you represent the bombers with Rob Quiney Hate?? Because it’s fitting.

Dragons in a canter here, home crowd are up and about, backing us in for a 7 goal victory.

Welcome one and all, one day you will be able to all say you witnessed more history as the Bombers continue their incredible finals run.

Mr September........he got this!
Mr September is a bit early, but I look forward to seeing what he has in store in 4 months time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What other duties do you have around the club, apart from ass kissing??

Tony Lynn 15 Baghdad Bombers Club KPI's.

Be the best you can be and be a positive influence on all that you touch...especially women.
Never eat TheCoach16 dumplings.
Provide all entertainment for the Mad Monday celebrations including dwarfs, women and animals.
Rub down KohPhi and CALL ME SNAKE groins especially during the cooler months. If they ask for a happy ending you must accommodate.
Put on the greatest performance in a Grand final that the SFA has ever seen.

As you can see from the above 'ass kissing' is not even on my KPI list.......I do always however go over and above my standard duties.

He’s also in charge off ass kicking...

A fact you’ll experience first hand on Sunday.
He wouldn’t dare enter the square with me.

Be the best you can be and be a positive influence on all that you touch...especially women.
Provide all entertainment for the Mad Monday celebrations including dwarfs, women and animals.
Rub down KohPhi and CALL ME SNAKE groins especially during the cooler months. If they ask for a happy ending you must accommodate.

As you can see from the above 'ass kissing' is not even on my KPI list.......I do always however go over and above my standard duties.

Well it looks like you’ve hit 1 possibly 2 KPI’s this year then.

Better stop puckering and start working harder!

My groin liked this post:thumbsu:

Back