Official Match Thread Season 34 First Semi-Final: Gold City Royals vs East Side Phoenix @ The Golden Throne (MOTR)

Who will win?

• Royals

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Phoenix

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • I just hope everyone has fun :)

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

royals.png EastSidePhoenixLogo300px.png
split trucks GIF

Chipmunk 's retirement has been put off for at least one more week, as Phoenix managed to overcome Sin City Swamprats in their elimination final. Phoenix have been in this situation just last season where they were able to win their way into a grand final. They still have much of the same personnel with a few star additions with the likes of Dingster and mwerps . East Side will need to rely on their finals experience if they are to pull through and win.

akkaps and MP_ combined for 12 tackles last week and are a formidable duo in the Phoenix midfield. If they get started early on in the game, it will be hard for Royals to get any clean possession of the qootball.

Zoops and jmoo wan will be hoping to have better games than last week. Zoops got a big fat 0 for the entire game, and jmoo only managed to get a single kick.

Royals started strong in their qualifying final against the Roys, but were outclassed in the end by the reigning premiers. They will be looking to bounce back this week as no one wants to go out in straight sets (I should know :'(). They have home ground advantage which is a plus, and if Royals manage to get their star players up and about early they will be hard to stop.

GreyCrow had a phenomenal game last week with 19 hitouts, 28 disposals and a goal. They will be hoping to continue that good form into this week.

nahnah had the most goals of the team last week in a solid game by him. The Filth Wizard should get more opportunities in this game to try and get back into his late-season form that helped him finish top 5 in the FRED medal.

grumbleguts only touched the qootball 2 times last week. Fingers crossed he has a better game this week.

584d9818367b6a13e54477fd.png

CakeEater

Arguably the best player in the home and away season, CakeEater had a relatively mediocre game last week by their standards. 19 disposals, 2 tackles and 1 goal. Cake dominated the regular season in the ruck rover position and will be looking to try and find that tenacious edge that helped their team win so many times this season.

Chipmunk

The co-captain and to-be-retiree Chipmunk will be a big player in this weekends game. He was the best center player this season by a fair margin and yet Chip had a rather lacklustre elimination final. Only 15 disposals, 4 marks and a goal. We all expect more of the great Chipmunk when we watch him play. And I expect he will be one of the big performers in the semi-final this week.

Captains please have your team sheets in by Thursday 11:59pm AEDT

East Side is in an important final and I'm on the field?

We all know how that story ends.
I know it doesn’t end in you getting a mobbs medal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It sounds intrusive. Who was responsible?

I’d be paying far too much respect to remember the name of whomever the Roys whack into FB.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 34 First Semi-Final: Gold City Royals vs East Side Phoenix @ The Golden Throne (MOTR)

Back