Official Match Thread Season 34, Round 3 - Gold City Royals vs Fighting Furies at The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

27GCR2f10619722e7e6bc.png

vs

j8gukr6-png.1315468

Let's start with a little bit of humour:

A man is walking along the beach one day, when he looks down and sees a partially buried lamp in the sand. He picks it up and gives it a bit of a rub. Out pops a genie, who is immediately eternally grateful, "Oh mate - you have no idea how good it is to be out of that thing after 1000 years. Anything you want, it's yours."

The man thinks for a moment, and then says, "I want to live forever."

The genie shakes his head and says, "I'm sorry, but I can't grant you eternal life."

The man thinks for a few more seconds, and then says, "OK - I'd like to live until the Furies win a premiership."

The genie says, "You sly bastard!!!"

Let's take a close look at this week's big game:

Royals

The Royals won’t remember their first meeting with the Old Boys with any fondness, going down by 9 goals.

Who’s hot?

CakeEater – the co captain led by example with 6 hit outs, 20 possessions and 6 tackles. Hopefully a few team mates follow his lead this week.

nahnah – the other co captain wasn’t too bad either with 14 possessions, 7 tackles and 2 goals.

Who’s not?

grumbleguts would have plenty to grumble about this week – only touching the ball once and gathering a measly 3 DT points.

GreyCrow – the veteran had 1 hit out and just 3 possessions against the new kids on the block.

Furies

They enjoyed the bye in round 1, and they also enjoyed round 2 – smashing the Bears by nearly 7 goals.

Who’s hot?

NaturalDisaster – our recently retired admin enjoyed his return to his old club with 9 hit outs, 25 possessions and 2 goals.

James Colorado – 20 possessions and 3 goals was a handy start to his season.

Who’s not?

Sab22 – a miserable 2 kicks was his entire output in round 1: he’d want to improve this week.

BringouttheGimp – this rookie won’t remember his debut with any fondness, apart from a goal in the 3rd quarter.

Who wins?

This one really could go either way, but I'm tipping the Furies to cause a bit of a boilover - they'll win by 3 points.

Captains - please submit your team sheets by 11:59pm on Thursday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always a good week with the Royals, looking forward to a fun week with you all, and of course, the opportunity to show off our elite tier rookies 😀

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 34, Round 3 - Gold City Royals vs Fighting Furies at The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back