Official Match Thread Season 35, First Qualifying Final: Coney Island Warriors vs Gold City Royals at Van Cordlandt Park [MOTR]

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 31, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WPFC; WA; StGI Dragons; GumbiesFFC
28CIW3c01aa72ee6daa31.png
27GCR2f10619722e7e6bc.png

View attachment ezgif-1-cc8a9e24fb (1).mp4

1685301226192.png

THE MISSION:
The winner of this gets the week off as they'll be straight through the prelim and only a win away from the grandy. The loser meanwhile, will face a battle against the winner of the Bombers-Gumbies clash.

THE FORM:
The Warriors enter the match in brilliant form, winning seven of their last eight fixtures. Expect plenty of references to #thestreak, #Flagwazzas and such. The Royals meanwhile had a shaky end to the season struggling to put together winning form. The folk from Gold City are coming off the bye, so should be fresh. Both teams spent considerable time in the top-four this season and this match is absolutely befitting of match of the round status.

THE HEAD TO HEAD HISTORY:
OVERALL 28 matches: Warriors 14, Royals 14.
IN FINALS 2 matches: Warriors 2, Royals 0.
LAST TIME THEY MET: Gold City Royals 16.10.106 defeated Coney Island Wariors 15.12.102 (Season 35, Round 16).
OVERALL FINALS RECORD: Warriors 18 matches: 6 wins, 11 losses 1 draw. Royals 17 matches: 5 wins and 12 losses. Yikes!

1685301530794.png

Welcome back to everyone's 15th favourite Sweet FA segment, this time with a twist. The ladder below contains each teams win-loss record against their fellow finalists only. As you can see, the Bombers and Warriors have had the easiest fixtures this season while the Gumbies and Old Boys have had the hardest. Despite an easier fixture, the Warriors have fared best against fellow finals teams winning 2/3 of their games, while the Gumbies have been the worst winning barely 1/3.

What will it mean come Sunday? Probably bugger all, and that's numberwang.

1685301571009.png

Skippers, please have your team sheets submitted by Thursday June 1 11:59pm (AEST). Don't be a Falcon fool and leave stray symbols on it!

Last edited:

28CIW3c01aa72ee6daa31.png
27GCR2f10619722e7e6bc.png

View attachment 1699445

View attachment 1699429

THE MISSION:
The winner of this gets the week off as they'll be straight through the prelim and only a win away from the grandy. The loser meanwhile, will face a battle against the winner of the Bombers-Gumbies clash.

THE FORM:
The Warriors enter the match in brilliant form, winning seven of their last eight fixtures. Expect plenty of references to #thestreak, #Flagwazzas and such. The Royals meanwhile had a shaky end to the season struggling to put together winning form. The folk from Gold City are coming off the bye, so should be fresh. Both teams spent considerable time in the top-four this season and this match is absolutely befitting of match of the round status.

THE HEAD TO HEAD HISTORY:
OVERALL 28 matches: Warriors 14, Royals 14.
IN FINALS 2 matches: Warriors 2, Royals 0.
LAST TIME THEY MET: Gold City Royals 16.10.106 defeated Coney Island Wariors 15.12.102 (Season 35, Round 16).
OVERALL FINALS RECORD: Warriors 18 matches: 6 wins, 11 losses 1 draw. Royals 17 matches: 5 wins and 12 losses. Yikes!

View attachment 1699438

Welcome back to everyone's 15th favourite Sweet FA segment, this time with a twist. The ladder below contains each teams win-loss record against their fellow finalists only. As you can see, the Bombers and Warriors have had the easiest fixtures this season while the Gumbies and Old Boys have had the hardest. Despite an easier fixture, the Warriors have fared best against fellow finals teams winning 2/3 of their games, while the Gumbies have been the worst winning barely 1/3.

What will it mean come Sunday? Probably bugger all, and that's numberwang.

View attachment 1699439

Skippers, please have your team sheets submitted by Thursday June 1 11:59pm (AEST). Don't be a Falcon fool and leave stray symbols on it!
Heh heh heh... Wang.

1685331786597.png

And hello yet again Royals. If this match is anything like our top of the table clash just a few rounds ago, we're in for an absolute ripper!

And Membling, don't think I've forgotten your career-best performance against me either - I'm coming for you! (First final for us both, yay!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I worked in a Federal Government department with Wang equipment. I can't tell you how many times I've had to disappoint somebody by telling them I couldn't give them what they needed because my Wang was down.

And hello yet again Royals. If this match is anything like our top of the table clash just a few rounds ago, we're in for an absolute ripper!

And Membling, don't think I've forgotten your career-best performance against me either - I'm coming for you! (First final for us both, yay!)

Kill him bud.

I worked in a Federal Government department with Wang equipment. I can't tell you how many times I've had to disappoint somebody by telling them I couldn't give them what they needed because my Wang was down.
Didn't they rename Wang equipment to fleshlights?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back