Official Match Thread Season 35, Round 2 - Mount Buller Demons v Roys FFC @ Snow Dome

Who will win?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Reigning grand finalists the Roys will be hungry to make good on their missed opportunity in Season 34 and go one better to win a flag. After going on a nine-game winning streak – following being 2-3 to start Season 34 – including beaten known finals performers the Gumbies and Gold City Royals, the Roys fell to real finals battlers, Baghdad Bombers in the decider. The Demons on the other hand went 5-0 to start the season, and aside from a 92-point shellacking of the Old Boys in Round 12, lost the other six games in the run home. They took on the Old Boys in the first week of finals, and naturally had a fortnight turnaround of a 122 points, going down by five goals.

OFF-SEASON

The Roys lost some key personnel over the break, with hotchilli departing for the Royals and Wosh going to the Demons. It will therefore be known as the Wosh Cup for this one-off match, and to add extra spice to the clash. The Roys also managed to bring back Ed_Gein for Season 35.

Mount Buller Demons picked up an interesting bunch, with close pals jmoo wan and DERO coming across from the Phoenix, and known troublemaker PMBangers crossing from the Royals. They did not lose a great deal to be honest, and one paper one of the stronger teams for posters. But the biggest signing by far according to sante was the MASSIVE ACQUISITION OF Wosh

HEAD-TO-HEAD

These two sides have played a massive 54 times, with Mount Buller Demons getting up in 33 of them. That lob-sided success rate should not come as too much of a surprise, because the Roys have not had the greatest success rate over the journey. The last three matches between the two have been 2-1 in favour of the Demons, but all three have been blowouts, with the closest being 42 points.

KEY MATCHUP

Greenery vs RU_

Never mind the on-field statistics, the off-field chat will be something. After becoming the worst captain the long and illustrious SFA Summer comp, Greenery has a chance to make amends here. Though robbing the full-forward spot from Tarks and allowing okeydoke to eventually take the goalkicking record should result in capital punishment, he comes up against RU_ who would love nothing more than to take a scalp early in the season.

ROUND 1

Neither side enjoyed a victory in Round 1, with the Roys sinking to the bottom of the table bar the Warriors which, let’s be honest, doesn’t even count. It was a forgettable day for the Roys who only kicked eight goals in the loss, though Runk at least tried hard. The Demons did not fare much better, losing to West Coast Wonders by 25 points. Proper Gander did my SpudQoach side proud with one behind from a kick, while DemonJim (3 goals) at least hit the scoreboard.

FUN FACT:

These are my two favourite opposition teams and those this is irrelevant for this match, when the Dragons face the Demons, Headless and I will face off for the 50th time!

MILESTONES:

royboy2 will become the second Roys player to face the Mount Buller Demons 40 times with this match (behind Mobbs’ 49).
Yakker is just two goals away from his 100th SFA goal

PREDICTION:

PMBangers Under 5.5 Disposals

Last edited:
Reigning grand finalists the Roys will be hungry to make good on their missed opportunity in Season 34 and go one better to win a flag. After going on a nine-game winning streak – following being 2-3 to start Season 34 – including beaten known finals performers the Gumbies and Gold City Royals, the Roys fell to real finals battlers, Baghdad Bombers in the decider. The Demons on the other hand went 5-0 to start the season, and aside from a 92-point shellacking of the Old Boys in Round 12, lost the other six games in the run home. They took on the Old Boys in the first week of finals, and naturally had a fortnight turnaround of a 122 points, going down by five goals.

OFF-SEASON

The Roys lost some key personnel over the break, with hotchilli departing for the Royals and Wosh going to the Demons. It will therefore be known as the Wosh Cup for this one-off match, and to add extra spice to the clash. The Roys also managed to bring back Ed_Gein for Season 35.

Mount Buller Demons picked up an interesting bunch, with close pals jmoo wan and DERO coming across from the Phoenix, and known troublemaker PMBangers crossing from the Royals. They did not lose a great deal to be honest, and one paper one of the stronger teams for posters.

HEAD-TO-HEAD

These two sides have played a massive 54 times, with Mount Buller Demons getting up in 33 of them. That lob-sided success rate should not come as too much of a surprise, because the Roys have not had the greatest success rate over the journey. The last three matches between the two have been 2-1 in favour of the Demons, but all three have been blowouts, with the closest being 42 points.

KEY MATCHUP

Greenery vs RU_

Never mind the on-field statistics, the off-field chat will be something. After becoming the worst captain the long and illustrious SFA Summer comp, Greenery has a chance to make amends here. Though robbing the full-forward spot from Tarks and allowing okeydoke to eventually take the goalkicking record should result in capital punishment, he comes up against RU_ who would love nothing more than to take a scalp early in the season.

ROUND 1

Neither side enjoyed a victory in Round 1, with the Roys sinking to the bottom of the table bar the Warriors which, let’s be honest, doesn’t even count. It was a forgettable day for the Roys who only kicked eight goals in the loss, though Runk at least tried hard. The Demons did not fare much better, losing to West Coast Wonders by 25 points. Proper Gander did my SpudQoach side proud with one behind from a kick, while DemonJim (3 goals) at least hit the scoreboard.

FUN FACT:

These are my two favourite opposition teams and those this is irrelevant for this match, when the Dragons face the Demons, Headless and I will face off for the 50th time!

MILESTONES:

royboy2 will become the second Roys player to face the Mount Buller Demons 40 times with this match (behind Mobbs’ 49).

PREDICTION:

I'm good at trying hard

OFF-SEASON

Mount Buller Demons picked up an interesting bunch, with close pals jmoo wan and DERO coming across from the Phoenix, and known troublemaker PMBangers crossing from the Royals. They did not lose a great deal to be honest, and one paper one of the stronger teams for posters.

HEAD-TO-HEAD

KEY MATCHUP

Greenery vs RU_

ROUND 1

FUN FACT:

MILESTONES:

PREDICTION:

I reckon Yakker will reach the 100 goal milestone this week. Congratulations in advance Yak!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still don't like it.

Pie 4 Life is upset that we didn't recruit him alongside Wosh.
You had me right up until the "alongside". Koala gifs from a distance are bad enough let alone every thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 35, Round 2 - Mount Buller Demons v Roys FFC @ Snow Dome

Back