Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 11 - Mount Buller Demons v Gold City Royals @ Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

You can but it would be a waste of good chocolate. Chocolate cake just tastes like cake, not chocolate.
I'm beginning to think you don't know how chocolate cake is made

I'm beginning to think you don't know how chocolate cake is made
I make a chocolate cake that is so rich in chocolate people who eat it pester me for the recipe for weeks. Its icing is just chocolate and butter melted then set in the fridge. Still in my opinion isn't as good as chocolate and it is genuinely mass/mass more chocolate than cake.

I make a chocolate cake that is so rich in chocolate people who eat it pester me for the recipe for weeks. Its icing is just chocolate and butter melted then set in the fridge. Still in my opinion isn't as good as chocolate and it is genuinely mass/mass more chocolate than cake.
That sounds terrible I'm having the banana bread

That sounds terrible I'm having the banana bread
Good choice. Why is it that when things are going well, people say "things are peachy", but when something is wrong with someone's decision making process, we say "he's bananas"

Who allowed this fruit discrimination into our language?

Good choice. Why is it that when things are going well, people say "things are peachy", but when something is wrong with someone's decision making process, we say "he's bananas"

Who allowed this fruit discrimination into our language?
Big peach

She'll be apples
Cherry ripe
Pear shaped
Sour grapes
Yep, fruit discrimination in a "nutshell".

Although nowhere near as bad as the discrimination our language imposes on left handers.

gauche - uncoordinated actually means left handed.
dexterous - highly coordinated - actually means right handed.
sinister - evil - actually means left handed.
adroit - proper or well mannered - actually means right handed.

Yep, fruit discrimination in a "nutshell".

Although nowhere near as bad as the discrimination our language imposes on left handers.

gauche - uncoordinated actually means left handed.
dexterous - highly coordinated - actually means right handed.
sinister - evil - actually means left handed.
adroit - proper or well mannered - actually means right handed.
Surprised the teacher didnt beat it out of you

I'm amazed at how many lefties have flourished since caning in schools was abolished

Surprised the teacher didnt beat it out of you

I'm amazed at how many lefties have flourished since caning in schools was abolished
Ironically, I am right handed (played indoor cricket for Victoria right handed) but I tried writing with my left hand in school because the teacher said "No one in this room will write with their left hand." I wondered how she could possibly know that. SO I wanted to see what would happen if I wrote with my left hand as I did so, she hit me with a piece of wood. So I kept doing it, to spite her. My mum came into the school when she saw how swollen my left hand was. She told the principal that I would now keep doing so and hitting me would only end up in injuring me, it wouldn't change my stance, so the principal told the teacher I was allowed to use my left hand. So we wound up with the situation where a right handed kid was allowed to use his left hand to write, but none of the left handers were permitted this basic human right.

Edit: I should add, I can now only write with my left hand, due to this.

Last edited:
For those interested in my current caking habits atm my go to is a lemon butter cake I make in the bread maker :lemon: it’s amazing.

So who's your FB Cadsky ? Hate informs me according to his impeccable sfa+ info stats thingy stuff I’m due to kick 19 goals this week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those interested in my current caking habits atm my go to is a lemon butter cake I make in the bread maker :lemon: it’s amazing.

So who's your FB Cadsky ? Hate informs me according to his impeccable sfa+ info stats thingy stuff I’m due to kick 19 goals this week
Nah wont happen this week, I'm all fired up from the Swans winning trade week.

FF's haven't performed in our games recently because they've all been muddy or rainy.

This Sunday will mark the 34th match between our two clubs. The first match occurred in Round 4 of Season 16 a match Mount Buller Won comfortably by 58 points. In that match Marlowe played for the Royals and Smartys Power played for the Demons.

Both players joined the league in season 16 and would go on to win Premierships with the clubs they started with. They played together in the Royals season 30 Premiership

Since that first match more often than not the result has gone the way of the Demons with Mount Buller holding a 7 game lead in the series 20-13, including their only meeting in finals, the Season 24 Qualifying Final a high scoring affair where 7 majors from cats2rise proved the difference in a 6 goal win.

More recently though the wins have gone to the Royals with the last 3 matches all going their way.

This Sunday will mark the 34th match between our two clubs. The first match occurred in Round 4 of Season 16 a match Mount Buller Won comfortably by 58 points. In that match Marlowe played for the Royals and Smartys Power played for the Demons.

Both players joined the league in season 16 and would go on to win Premierships with the clubs they started with. They played together in the Royals season 30 Premiership

Since that first match more often than not the result has gone the way of the Demons with Mount Buller holding a 7 game lead in the series 20-13, including their only meeting in finals, the Season 24 Qualifying Final a high scoring affair where 7 majors from cats2rise proved the difference in a 6 goal win.

More recently though the wins have gone to the Royals with the last 3 matches all going their way.
Obviously a glitch in the sim

Two players have laced up the boots for every single match between the two clubs.
The leagues most prevailing full-back Headless and the dominating, match winning Center Half Forward cooney

Ric Flair Wrestling GIF by WWE

Right behind them with an even split of 16 games as a Delon and 16 as a Royal is Smartys Power and slightly further back on 28 games (2 for the Demons) is Marlowe
Blacky has the most games played as a Royal on 27

Does the sim feel sympathy? It was 20-10 halfway through Season 33
I won a Premiership with the Roys that season so I can’t speak badly of the sim 🤗

I can say it had NO sympathy or heart in S35

Two players have laced up the boots for every single match between the two clubs.
The leagues most prevailing full-back Headless and the dominating, match winning Center Half Forward cooney

Ric Flair Wrestling GIF by WWE

Right behind them with an even split of 16 games as a Delon and 16 as a Royal is Smartys Power and slightly further back on 28 games (2 for the Demons) is Marlowe
Blacky has the most games played as a Royal on 27
This is really cool stuff, interesting with Marlowe and Smartys Power throwing their keys in the bowl

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 11 - Mount Buller Demons v Gold City Royals @ Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Back