Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 11 - Mount Buller Demons v Gold City Royals @ Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this a general hatred of Tuesdays, something you've always had?

Or is it specific to an event?
manangatang has a famous, patented rating system for the days of the week.

Probably time for you to post it again, captain.

Last time I was a t the Ekka (the Royal Brisbane Show) I was ripped off. I saw this "Guess your weight" stall. I waited in line for a while until I was at the front, he looked at me and said "I reckon it was about 12 minutes."

I pointed out the misspelling, and he told me "p!ss off grammar nazi." I decided to spend the rest of the day with hands full of nuts and bolts going on all the rides and tapping the shoulder of the person in front of me handing some nuts and bolts to them and say "these just fell out of your seat." That's always a lot of fun.

I said acceptable
Haha I almost created a little screen shot of me with a post ready to send with a time stamp saying "I bet he says 'I said acceptable'"

manangatang has a famous, patented rating system for the days of the week.

Probably time for you to post it again, captain.

I'm glad you asked...

My ranking of the days of the week, from worst to best:

7. Tuesday: you start to wonder why you bother. No real excuse to take the piss at work, no spiffy means of convincing yourself that everything's OK. Just a turd sandwich wrapped in barbed wire and disappointment.

6. Wednesday: people laud 'hump' day like it's a thing. They're fooling themselves - it's a shitheap. You're miles away from the weekend and people tend to expect you to be productive. Lots of meetings and stuff. Just crap.

5. Monday: the buzz of the weekend still present and you can take the piss at work during the morning. Worst part is pretending to give a sh*t about your colleagues' weekend, which is very likely to have been even more boring than your own.

4. Thursday: you're past the midway point of the working week and things are looking up - you can look forward to taking the piss at work the following day as well. Got an underrated vibe to it. During non-**** seasons the AFL teams for the weekend are named, so you can always look forward to going to club boards on BigFooty for selection melts.

3. Sunday: a good day - don't get me wrong - but it always feels like something nice is about to die, particularly from 4pm onwards.

2. Friday: the day before Saturday - footy to look forward to of a night, usually take the piss a bit at work in preparation for the weekend, good night to head out (*see below disclaimer)

1. Saturday: footy, pubs, first day of the weekend, sleep-ins, another day off to look forward to (*some of these things may not actually happen depending on whether you have children and/or pets that wake you up at 6:50am)

fin.

From the retirement view

Monday - sleep in unless doctors appointment

Tuesday - sleep in

Wednesday - sleep in

Thursday - get up early and hit the shopping centre and get in people's way

Friday - sleep in and plan for weekend

Saturday - up early and get to the shopping centre and get in families way

Sunday - sleep till Monday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the retirement view

Monday - sleep in unless doctors appointment

Tuesday - sleep in

Wednesday - sleep in

Thursday - get up early and hit the shopping centre and get in people's way

Friday - sleep in and plan for weekend

Saturday - up early and get to the shopping centre and get in families way

Sunday - sleep till Monday
Saturday and Tuesday - up early for golf

Rest Of Week - Get up whenever

I'm glad you asked...

My ranking of the days of the week, from worst to best:

7. Tuesday: you start to wonder why you bother. No real excuse to take the piss at work, no spiffy means of convincing yourself that everything's OK. Just a turd sandwich wrapped in barbed wire and disappointment.

6. Wednesday: people laud 'hump' day like it's a thing. They're fooling themselves - it's a shitheap. You're miles away from the weekend and people tend to expect you to be productive. Lots of meetings and stuff. Just crap.

5. Monday: the buzz of the weekend still present and you can take the piss at work during the morning. Worst part is pretending to give a sh*t about your colleagues' weekend, which is very likely to have been even more boring than your own.

4. Thursday: you're past the midway point of the working week and things are looking up - you can look forward to taking the piss at work the following day as well. Got an underrated vibe to it. During non-**** seasons the AFL teams for the weekend are named, so you can always look forward to going to club boards on BigFooty for selection melts.

3. Sunday: a good day - don't get me wrong - but it always feels like something nice is about to die, particularly from 4pm onwards.

2. Friday: the day before Saturday - footy to look forward to of a night, usually take the piss a bit at work in preparation for the weekend, good night to head out (*see below disclaimer)

1. Saturday: footy, pubs, first day of the weekend, sleep-ins, another day off to look forward to (*some of these things may not actually happen depending on whether you have children and/or pets that wake you up at 6:50am)

fin.
These rankings seem to apply only in footy season.

Are you unable to see?
I bought my blind friend a T-shirt for his birthday. he told me "I can't see myself wearing it."

So I got him a cheese grater instead. Said it was the most violent book he'd ever read.

I bought my blind friend a T-shirt for his birthday. he told me "I can't see myself wearing it."

So I got him a cheese grater instead. Said it was the most violent book he'd ever read.
I thought he might have told you that it was a grate present…

So how is everyone else's second worst day of the week going?

I'm thinking there might be something in your ratings mang

though to offset I am getting KFC or Maccas for dinner in a hour around the time I finish work for the day

hoping to dig though some stats tomorrow and post some random numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 36 Round 11 - Mount Buller Demons v Gold City Royals @ Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Back