Official Match Thread Season 36, Round 14 (Heritage Round): Coney Island Warriors v Gold City Royals at Van Cortlandt Park

Who wins?

• DenieD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pickitt

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

QJWiC4R.gif

Please engage the soundtrack.
View attachment in the mood - glenn miller orchestra.mp3

Heritage Round - Season 36

The year is 1941 2001.

Mobbenfuhrer has just finished creating a fantasy football league on an old reconditioned Tamagotchi and his site on lexicon.net was dial up interwebbing away with the promise that "It's assured, you won't be disappointed”.

36 seasons of disappointment entertainment later, and at least we can take solace in the knowledge that to quote the great man… It isn't really happening!!!!!

kfI6eqi.png

And so, 22 years later and 36 seasons on from that fateful disclaimer... here we are celebrating over two decades of our beloved league that has certainly left all of us equal parts elated & disappointed at some point, and yet we can rest easy in the knowledge that it isn't really happening and my tears over our premiership heartache at the Warriors are just figments of my overly fervent and feverish imagination!

Ladies and Gentlemen … Welcome to Heritage Round, as we celebrate 36 seasons of joyful misery! 🤗

Coney Island Warriors v Gold City Royals

GnaC3GE.png

Each club will be wearing a special commissioned Heritage Kit this weekend as we celebrate Heritage Round. Here's each club's kit for this week's match.

Great Moments In <insert club here> History

1HMAeNh.png

Coney Island Warriors
  • Established S18 as a successor to the unsuccessful OFG Warriors bid in S16
  • Controversy reigns in S19 as Warriors denied historic flag in Dragons rort
  • Freofalcon breaks through for unlikely Mobbs Medal victory in S21
  • Jazny selection in S22 All-SFA side sends competition into meltdown
  • Back to back beez winners at the Warriors as first TheInjuryFactory, then Tonga Bob salute in S34-35, seeing the club lead the competition with 3 beez Trophies to date

PLCuncC.png

Gold City Royals

Head 2 Head
Stats courtesy of Hate & Sweet F.A+

CIW GCR H2H.png

Clubhouse Leaders - All-Time

CIW 1.png
Raveneyes BEEG zackah RelaxMax
GCR 1.png
Blacky The Filth Wizard GreyCrow

Clubhouse Leaders - Season 36

CIW 2.png
The Filth Wizard zackah pantskyle Tonga Bob
GCR 2.png
grumbleguts CakeEater GreyCrow Membling

Heritage Round - Exhibition Series

:handpointup:
Keep an eye out for this week’s Heritage Round festivities as we celebrate with a round-robin exhibition tournament representing the greatest personas and contributors across three distinct eras in the league. The players will be selected via a Legends Draft and the draft pool will be divided by rookie classes accordingly:
  • Rookie Classes S1-12
  • Rookie Classes S13-24
  • Rookie Classes S25-36
Head over and get around the fundraiser! :thumbsu:

~ Captains, team sheets are to be correctly submitted by 11:59pm Thursday, AWST ~​

Last edited:
Best OP ever! That whore tree guernsey looks exactly like Buscemi's type.

Also, hey there Royals. First team I'll faced twice and I couldn't be more pleased. Let's have a fun week celebrating our Sweet histories however long, short, monumental, insignificant etc.

Best OP ever! That whore tree guernsey looks exactly like Buscemi's type.

Also, hey there Royals. First team I'll faced twice and I couldn't be more pleased. Let's have a fun week celebrating our Sweet histories however long, short, monumental, insignificant etc.
Did you engage the soundtrack? I hope you engaged the soundtrack.

Did you engage the soundtrack? I hope you engaged the soundtrack.
It would be a perfect fit in my favourite fictional place- the Cityside Bowls Club.

Can't give it higher praise than that!

Boogie woogie bugle boy from company B
Very close! Did consider that one!

'In The Mood' by the Glenn Miller Orchestra.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heya Royals! We meet again. Congrats on your win in nahnah s 200th on the weekend. Nice to see not all milestone matches are things of dread.

Hiya Crowey 👋
classic animation lol GIF by Challenger

Brilliant OP Tiffy, top shelf stuff. Hopefully the sim can put in half as much effort this week :triumph:

The Andrews Sisters actually recorded a version of 'In The Mood' too GreyCrow

And it's on the 80's Jive Bunny album under the Swing the Mood track. Catchy tune 🕺

~2am thought: wonder if the sisters are still in the mood? :cool:

Check again then get your eyes checked
Funny you should mention that - after coughing up the first 82 (yes, that's not a typo) points on the weekend to the OOBs, The Donald has scheduled us all for emergency medicals sometime this week. Thankfully, being yet another home game, we can likely come to some kind of arrangement with the local doc when if the results are substandard.

Funny you should mention that - after coughing up the first 82 (yes, that's not a typo) points on the weekend to the OOBs, The Donald has scheduled us all for emergency medicals sometime this week. Thankfully, being yet another home game, we can likely come to some kind of arrangement with the local doc when if the results are substandard.

What. I’ve got to assume the position again for medicals? A man could get used to this level of intrusion.

Good morning. Great start to the thread TIF, something positive and uplifting amongst the pure simhousery of last round.

But you know how I love the Sim and its perfectly coded implementation of randomness, I am looking forward to a 10 goal win this week whoever we're playing 😉

Dins ❤️ Sim

Just checking, which Royals have inspired this mascot/name?
Prince Andrew or Meagan Markle?

Just checking, which Royals have inspired this mascot/name?
Prince Andrew or Meagan Markle?

Well being an aggressive male lion it's clearly Meagan Markle.

Back