Official Match Thread Season 37, Grand Final - Sin City Swamprats v Ophidian Old Boys at SFA Park

Who will win the Season 37 Sweet FA Grand Final?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Kobe Bryant GIF

This one hurts.

To lose is one thing.

To be moved from full forward in the opening minutes is another.

The exact same script as what was meant to be my 1000th goal game. Hadn’t happened before. Hasn’t happened since. What are the odds?

Q4 Q
4 : 23.53 {C} - myblueroan is outbodied in the ruck contest.
4 : 24.01 {rW} - damicky has possession.
4 : 24.08 {CHF} - A kick in the general direction of GremioPower.
4 : 24.12 {CHF} - GremioPower is caught under pressure and knocks the ball forward.
4 : 24.18 {CHF} - GremioPower takes them on.
4 : 24.22 {lFP} - His kick is hurried.
4 : 24.27 {lFP} - What a shocking kick - straight to JuddgementDay.
4 : 24.32 {rBP} - JuddgementDay has it. What can he do with it?.
4 : 24.37 {FB} - Huge handpass to BRAB. As good as a kick.
4 : 24.43 {FB} - Ant Bear might be in trouble with the tribunal after that tackle on BRAB. Play on is the call.
4 : 24.47 {FF} - A bit of space for Ant Bear to utilise.
4 : 24.51 {FF} - Ant Bear screws it round his body.
4 : 24.57 {FF} - Oh no. That's come off his knee and dribbled over the line. One behind only.
=====================================
SIREN SOUNDS FOR THE END OF QUARTER 4
SIN CITY SWAMPRATS : 15.5.95
OPHIDIAN OLD BOYS FFC : 17.9.111

Match Over!

6DFkT8c.png

serial_thrilla: Congratulations to the Old Boys, that was some display after being caught flat footed at the start of the game, and coming from behind at the last break. Their second premiership in only four seasons of existence. Success-starved clubs like the Warriors will be tearing their hair out after witnessing that level of dominance.

FG: Okay, so I know my Predictor was a little off with getting this season’s Mobbs Medalist correct but, according to this, it has myblueroan as being the Best-on-Ground. Thoughts on this?

We’ll have to wait and see FootyGuy but it certainly looks likely, what a game from the rookie and now premiership star.

serial_thrilla: Has anyone done the EKA/Deestroy double before? It would be some feat.

Ding: The bash sisters MBR and Prinnie were very good. Hard to go past Tenzy with his 5 goals turning the momentum. Bloody Swan and AB had good games for the Swampies. Grats to the Old Boys. They were the better team on the day and will be party central in Spotswood tonight!

serial_thrilla: King Tenz must have taken my earlier comments to heart. He was sublime in the second half, and that kicking action was certainly better after the long break.

I heard that you share Dame Edna Everage's motto, "Even from my earliest days, I had perfected the art of laughing at the misfortunes of others."
For god's sake he can contact me directly the next time he has a problem the little wet wipe.:D

4 : 24.12 {CHF} - GremioPower is caught under pressure and knocks the ball forward.
4 : 24.43 {FB} - Ant Bear might be in trouble with the tribunal after that tackle on BRAB. Play on is the call.
4 : 24.57 {FF} - Oh no. That's come off his knee and dribbled over the line. One behind only.

Match Over!

lWeANJo.png

serial_thrilla: Congratulations to the Old Boys, that was some display after being caught flat footed at the start of the game, and coming from behind at the last break. Their second premiership in only four seasons of existence. Success-starved clubs like the Warriors will be tearing their hair out after witnessing that level of dominance.

FG: Okay, so I know my Predictor was a little off with getting this season’s Mobbs Medalist correct but, according to this, it has myblueroan as being the Best-on-Ground. Thoughts on this?

We’ll have to wait and see FootyGuy but it certainly looks likely, what a game from the rookie and now premiership star.

serial_thrilla: Has anyone done the EKA/Deestroy double before? It would be some feat.

Ding: The bash sisters MBR and Prinnie were very good. Hard to go past Tenzy with his 5 goals turning the momentum. Bloody Swan and AB had good games for the Swampies. Grats to the Old Boys. They were the better team on the day and will be party central in Spotswood tonight!

serial_thrilla: King Tenz must have taken my earlier comments to heart. He was sublime in the second half, and that kicking action was certainly better after the long break.
damicky

Movie Laughing GIF by Star Wars

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Old Boys.

Although I’m disappointed and will need the off-season to recover, this week (and last week against the Roys) have reinvigorated my love of this league.

And I bloody needed it after playing the Dragons the week before! I nearly retired on the spot.

This thread was a pleasure. The game lived up to the build up.

After such a long and painful drought for our club, it’s so good to be back.

So so proud of this entire team for having a dream. We stood up for what was right and in the end, the good guys won.

Match Over!

lWeANJo.png

Go team OOB!
We look good in Winning
What a season!
What a team.

And commiserations to the gallant Swampies who battled hard and were worthy opponents.
happy legally blonde GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 37, Grand Final - Sin City Swamprats v Ophidian Old Boys at SFA Park

Back