Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 11 - East Side Hawks v Ophidian Old Boys at The Eyrie

Remove this Banner Ad

irish GIF by Shaun the Sheep

Strigoi I didn't know you could Irish dance!

This is the sort of thing that could backfire badly, but the Crows haven't won a game yet. I'll go with the Blues by 30 points.
Oh dear and it did backfire! Carlton 98 Adelaide Crows 100. Carlton have a very tough run of games coming up as well. So yeah this is very much a proper kick up the arse tbh!

haha Braklet
the line 'Not Happy Jan' is from an advertisement back in 2000 for the Yellow Pages - Yellow pages was the business phone directory in Australia before the internet was used (WOW I really am an Old Boy Gal )

View attachment 1957897

We had the yellow pages in the States, too (white pages for general listings, yellow pages for business. Los Angeles used to require multiple thick volumes, it was nuts.). We did not, however, have the Jan ads.

So for me, any "Jan" reference always means "Brady Bunch."

For a real blast from the past, did you folks have the metro street atlas map books published every year? I grew up on the Thomas Guides:

I loved just reading those tomes, so much fun. That said, Google Maps is far more convenient.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Farm equipment manufacturer International Harvester used to sell vehicles, too. A family friend had a Scout when I were a wee tot, I loved that thing:

Never heard of them, not quite my taste although I did have a Chrysler CL Drifter Panel van with similar colour. Won a few camel races and bought it from a dealer an hour later, missus drove it 600km home. :)

Wouldn't mind finding an Dodge Fargo ute to do up either.

Last edited:
Hmmm, had a crap week pain wise and being a sooky little fella haven't been around much.
Suppose things are relative, but after reading the news just now, I have no problems.
Stay safe people, all the best.

View attachment 1958819
Yeah i heard about that shocking stuff. A similar sort of incident happened in Dublin a few months ago.

There was just the one person killed in that incident, but the effer attacked some parents and their kids leaving school.

The attacker was a foreign national, but a Brazilian deliveroo driver actually intervened and stopped him in his tracks.

Some people used the attack as an excuse to say that we need to kick the foreigners out etc, but i totally disagree with that.

It was a non Irish national who was brave enough to stop him after all. Anyway my thoughts and prayers are with the victims and families of the attack in Sydney.

Thankfully that campaigner was killed before he took anymore innocent lives.

Truth be told Carlton performances have been just ok so far. We're down a few players to injury as well.

There's a tough month of fixtures coming up, we'll know more about where we stand after that imo.

When we have a full stack of players available then we should be tough to beat, but getting them all on the park seems to be bit of an issue!

Anyway one more win for the OOBs and we should have that finals spot booked.:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back