Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 11 - West Coast Wonders vs Baghdad Bombers at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, so you missed the boat then.
After the two albums I cited he just repeated himself.
The album artwork for Billion Dollar Babies was amazing.
My big sister bought it when it came out, one of the great pieces of packaging & album art up there with Physical Graffiti, Sticky Fingers and The VU's Banana albums.
"In the 70’s there was a trend in custom album cover themes that was of a “Pop Art” nature. This album package is the benchmark of that trend. As an oversized 12” airbrushed snakeskin wallet, complete with inserted rendered gold coins, a “Billion Dollar Bill” pull-out poster and a hidden stash under the bands wallet size photos, this album was Carl Ramsey's finest hour !"
Ref: http://originalalbumcoverart.com/ramsey/billion-dollar-babies.php

Ok, so you missed the boat then.
After the two albums I cited he just repeated himself.
The album artwork for Billion Dollar Babies was amazing.
My big sister bought it when it came out, one of the great pieces of packaging & album art up there with Physical Graffiti, Sticky Fingers and The VU's Banana albums.
"In the 70’s there was a trend in custom album cover themes that was of a “Pop Art” nature. This album package is the benchmark of that trend. As an oversized 12” airbrushed snakeskin wallet, complete with inserted rendered gold coins, a “Billion Dollar Bill” pull-out poster and a hidden stash under the bands wallet size photos, this album was Carl Ramsey's finest hour !"
Ref: http://originalalbumcoverart.com/ramsey/billion-dollar-babies.php
I’m going to take your word on this. You seem like the sort of person who wouldn’t lead a young bloke astray.

I’m going to take your word on this. You seem like the sort of person who wouldn’t lead a young bloke astray.
Alice Cooper a poster child for soft power misogyny or speaking out against domestic violence? Good song but.

Here's a song that is interesting and not well known.

Alice Cooper a poster child for soft power misogyny or speaking out against domestic violence? Good song but.

Only women bleed is a great song, but i always remember my ex father in law hated it and turned it off every time it was on.

I’ve never in my life ever had pea and ham soup. I find this a conundrum with my ability to authentically banter. But I do love Beatles stories. I’m a bit of a Quarrymen tragic apparently. Im truly sorry for your loss, but stories like this keep our loved ones alive in our memories and that’s really important.

Pea and ham soup is one of those rare things, when the combination is vastly superior to both peas and ham.
Just don't get it wrong.

That's weird , i was reading yesterday how he wrote both "Mony Mony", and "i think we're alone now" then wrote this one after accidently playing " i think we're alone now " backwards.
Two decades later , the two former songs both hit number 1 as covers at the same time, and Weird Al even did a version of both.
( Tommy James not Alice ).

Last edited:
tomjoad

Come and say hi to the Wonders rookies … BigChippa52 BFew Pamcake1 and Oisin_the_Goat

Is there a PM you guys can hang out in? The rookie season can be a tricky one to navigate
I think we all took the training wheels off after a master class with Grand Uncle Horace in domestic science.
The ankle bracelets that AUR would have us wear are being ratted off as we speak.
(Scuse me other Wonder Rookies for speaking on your behalf here)
There isn't a general Rookie thread...maybe you shoud start one.
Your one lonely Rookie...I feel for him.
Hi tomjoad welcome from the Wonders Rookies.

That's weird , i was reading yesterday how he wrote both "Mony Mony", and "i think we're alone now" then wrote this one after accidently playing " i think we're alone now " backwards.
Two decades later , the two former songs both hit number 1 as covers at the same time, and Weird Al even did a version of both.

cat why do i always wait this late to s GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He didn't write 'I think were alone now'.....he sang it.
It was written and composed by Ritchie Cordell.
He did write Dragging the line and Crimson and Clover....and also sang them.

I think we all took the training wheels off after a master class with Grand Uncle Horace in domestic science.
The ankle bracelets that AUR would have us wear are being ratted off as we speak.
Do you think we should welcome tomjoad into the Wonders rookie academy?

“Ankle bracelets”?

And we can no doubt “thank” Grand Uncle Horace for introducing you to his blood-thirsty analogies for Baghdad.
I’d check in with Ocha905 (last season’s Rising Star) and big_icky (who’s shown some interest this season) and see if either could assist with that.

“Ankle bracelets”?

And we can no doubt “thank” Grand Uncle Horace for introducing you to his blood-thirsty analogies for Baghdad.

I’d check in with Ocha905 (last season’s Rising Star) and big_icky (who’s shown some interest this season) and see if either could assist with that.
Yeh...I know....said they were decorative.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 11 - West Coast Wonders vs Baghdad Bombers at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back