Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 20 - Mount Buller Demons v Coney Island Warriors @ The Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Title: "The Scorcese Ransom"

---

Part 1: The Kidnapping

In the heart of the Hunter Valley, where vineyards stretch across rolling hills and secrets hide in the shadows, a chilling mystery unfolded. Two boys, Liam and Jack, vanished without a trace. Their disappearance sent shockwaves through the tight-knit community, and soon the media buzzed with speculation.

Detective Sarah Mitchell led the investigation. She was relentless, combing through clues, interrogating witnesses, and poring over surveillance footage. But the kidnapper remained elusive, leaving no ransom note, no demands—just an eerie silence.

As days turned into weeks, the case grew colder. The boys' families clung to hope, their faces plastered on every news channel. The townsfolk whispered about supernatural forces, ancient curses, and secret societies. But Sarah knew better. She believed in logic, not legends.

Then, one foggy morning, the breakthrough came. A grainy video surfaced—a hooded figure standing in a dimly lit room. The voice was distorted, but the message was clear: "Martin Scorcese must direct a film in Australia."

The world gasped. Why Scorcese? Why a film? And what did it have to do with Liam and Jack?

Part 2: Scorcese's Dilemma

Martin Scorcese, the legendary filmmaker, sat in his New York office, staring at the screen. The news had reached him—the boys, the demands. He scratched his grizzled beard, pondering the enigma. Scorcese was no stranger to dark themes, but this was different.

He flew to Sydney, where the Australian sun kissed his tired face. The kidnapper's instructions were clear: a film, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert De Niro, and Emily Blunt. Scorcese's mind raced. How could he use cinema to reach the kidnapper's innermost thoughts?

He assembled his team—a mix of Hollywood veterans and rising Aussie talents. The script took shape—a psychological thriller set against the rugged backdrop of the Outback. Scorcese would delve into the human psyche, exploring obsession, redemption, and the blurred line between captor and captive.

Part 3: "Whispers in the Dust"

The film, titled "Whispers in the Dust," began production. Scorcese immersed himself in the Hunter Valley, seeking inspiration. He walked the same trails as Liam and Jack, feeling their presence in the rustling leaves. Emily Blunt portrayed the determined detective, haunted by her own demons. De Niro played the kidnapper—an enigma wrapped in shadows.

DiCaprio, however, was the heart of the film. His character, Alex, had lost a son years ago—a wound that never healed. As the cameras rolled, DiCaprio channeled that pain, hoping to connect with the kidnapper's fractured soul.

Scorcese shot pivotal scenes—the barren cliffs, the abandoned farmhouse, the moonlit river. Nick Cave's haunting melodies echoed through the valley, weaving magic into the film's fabric. The townspeople watched, torn between curiosity and fear.
I have no idea whats going on here but I appreciate the enthusiasm

Where is this?
Outside

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A very good afternoon to you too Wosh!

What a lovely way to spend today. Have an enjoyable time!
Having a lovely quiet weekend mostly to myself, looking forward to it! 🍄 🧚‍♀️

Bryce Canyon in Utah. Spent six hours driving from one incredible view to another.
thought so, I stood on that edge. Did you go down into it, even more spectacular up close

thought so, I stood on that edge. Did you go down into it, even more spectacular up close
No, we seriously considered the Queens Garden/Navajo loop but we'd alread had three long days in a row and have another four long days ahead of us. So as great as that hike looked, not adding a couple of extra hours today will stop us from potentially burning out at some stage.

Looking back, I wish we'd left a day earlier and put a short day in the middle where we just do one ore two easy sights.

No, we seriously considered the Queens Garden/Navajo loop but we'd alread had three long days in a row and have another four long days ahead of us. So as great as that hike looked, not adding a couple of extra hours today will stop us from potentially burning out at some stage.

Looking back, I wish we'd left a day earlier and put a short day in the middle where we just do one ore two easy sights.
the Mrs and I did the hike down into Bryce Canyon, and a helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon, both spectacular

I wish cooney all the best on his 500th, he is an ever present champion of the league.

I'd also like to tread back a decade in real years when I, probably a rookie or something, made one of my earlier media threads interviewing coons who must have been a 100 gamer at the time.

And with that, my afternoon with the Demons came to a close. They are an impressive bunch and I do believe they have the right stuff to take out the premiership this year as long as they can engineer a route past the Dragons to the big dance. I was all ready to fold out the Filth futon and catch some sleep when I had a knock at my door. And wasn’t I surprised…

TFW- Hello… cooney.

cooney- Filthy.

TFW- Would you like to come in?

cooney- yeah.

TFW- I’ve got pretty much all I need for my interview. Um… I guess I can squeeze you in, no chance of an essay ha ha.

cooney- Wooooooo.

1) What were the general expectations heading into this season? Is the current ladder position a surprise to anyone?

cooney- No not really a surprise, we knew we had the ability we just had to work on a few things over the pre-season and by the looks of it, it has paid off which is a good thing, the club is heading in the right direction. Our expectations this season were to make the finals and to see how far we can go once we are in the finals but the premiership is the major goal obviously.

2)Is the 'F' word (finals) being spoken about with more confidence? Did the recent streak start making players think that they could go all the way this year?

cooney- Yes there has been lots of talk about the finals but look we are taking it one week at a time for now, we just have to keep winning and see where we end up. We all believe that we are a contender to go all the way this year, as you've seen through out the year when we get on a streak we are hard to beat.

3)As a follow on to the finals question, is there any concern that the two massive losses to the Dragons in the main season may affect the finals campaign if there is a perceived notion that the Demons just can't get it done against the Dragons?

cooney-It won't affect our finals campaign too much, but of course it plays in the back of your mind that there is just a team there that you can't beat but hey finals can be a whole different kettle of fish, so who knows what will happen, but we won't let our performances against the Dragons phase us in the finals.

4)Who has been the most integral performer matchwiseand thread wise during the season? Is there a particular MVP at the moment? And who has been the surprise packet?

cooney- I think our best performers have been both match wise and posting wise have been, ETH, myself, Footypie,DIT, Lanky Wes and to some extent Alex is on fire. If I had to choose an MVP at the moment it would be Lanky Wes just ahead of Eth and myself, I think Footypie, DIT and Alex is on fire have been the surprise packets thus far.

5)Do the Demons see any deficiencies in their list and would they be recruiting heavily if this were the case? And how much does expansion concern the team?

cooney-No not at all, we are improving each and every day as a team but a couple of handy additions wouldn't hurt. I think that we won't be recruiting heavy or many list changes, maybe a few additions and possibly a big name and that's it. Expansion shows no fears for us at all, we are a big club we have the players here, we are always on the improve and we can recruit well.

TFW- Do you ever shut the f*** up mate?

cooney- nup.

the Mrs and I did the hike down into Bryce Canyon, and a helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon, both spectacular

We drove from the California coast to Boulder on Monday andwent to Hoover Dam late that afternoon.
Then it was Lake Mead National Park and Valley of Fire the next day on the way to Zion National Park, including Carmel Highway. We drove it three times in two days as our accommodation was on the East side.
Yesterday was e-bikes through Zion and the Canyon Overlook Trail.

Tomorrow we're doing a slot canyon then heading down to Glen and Antelope Canyon.
Then to Monument Valley, Valley of the Gods and Muley Point the next day.
Next day is the East Rim of the Grand Canyon, then the West Rim on the way around to Vegas where we'll stay for two nights before heading back home to California.

I did a helicopter ride over/into the Grand Canyon on a work trip ten years ago. It was great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back