Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 01: Dragons FFC v Las Vegas Bears at Ljp86's Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the week Dragons, good luck for the rest of the season and we will see you in the return game.

What can I say Bears apart from we sucked big time. Congrats to Cap on his 150th game and SSSSSS on your debut, I promise we are normally a bit better than this.

Congrats DragoDelph Greenery T2B_ Bonz Ljp86 on the win

And for Wosh for posting

22 DT with 100% mid time for me?

half baked bullshit GIF

Yeap thanks for the week, Bears, commiserations on the loss but for some reason we didn't seem to recognize the conditions today and went troppo.

I give you lot grief for your smell (fair), but you're always a good lot to hang with and look forward to every encounter.

All the best for the rest of the season!

Thanks for posting Wosh McMahon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s plenty because it’s also 40 weeks of qooty. It matches school weeks too.

Four weeks of not playing though, which could prove to be an issue. It would probably work, but teeters on the edge of not playing enough, particularly if a club isn't playing finals.

This would also result in 40 weeks of qooty.
For a while it was alternating 16 and 17 week seasons and we all played each other twice within three seasons. It was still a lot of qooty but at least it was fair

Yes, it does and in a competition that has an even amount of clubs, ensures everyone plays each week. It was a decent amount of games, ensured everyone played every week, had relative fairness across a calendar year and each club played enough matches to keep everyone relatively happy. It was the optimum setup.

Yeah, definitely in the minority , but I still laugh at the clubs who wanted the longer season and the resulting pre Christmas finals and awards period not to mention the diminished offseason to grow the game and do admin. With 8 teams making finals there’s already enough of a carrot for long enough to make finals. And I say that despite playing for a team which has missed finals more often than probability

It comes down to bad planning. The competition needs to innovate with the fixture by having shorter times for match posting if the SFA persists with 13 clubs to ensure that the season fits more snugly into the calendar year. Two seasons of 44 weeks' duration is too long and makes things far too squishy during the season with much less time to carry out other tasks which makes things more difficult for everyone involved.

I agree that expansion isn’t warranted
But I also don’t think contraction is either
I’m fine with the bye and I think the number of teams we have now is the right number

I don't have an issue with the bye at all but I think the fixture needs a re-think if the competition continues to have 13 clubs for the foreseeable future. What's happening now isn't sustainable as it makes the competition difficult to fit into a calendar year which has been best setup for some time now.

It does seem as if fewer players are leaving /retiring but aspiring for replacement levels alone probably isn’t enough. As before tours and the like take time which in itself is another argument for a more reasonable offseason and therefore cutting down the season.

Enough time needs to be given to recruitment, so the competition needs to consider how that will be achieved for next season. January 2025 will be a critical time for the competition as it will be the off-season and the best time to be able to conduct the board tours and other promotion that the SFA needs in order to continue to have a reasonable amount of new players playing in the competition each season.

Great win, Dragons!! A pretty tight first half but our second half was outstanding, 12 goals to 2 really pushing our advantage to finish with a very nice win, at home if you don't mind.

We tamed the difficult conditions well, Bonz starred with five goals with solid contributions from Pie 4 Life, freo84, Blaze Storm while Ligma also chipped in with a couple of goals.

Hatchy1992 and Knifey Spoony started the season well with two goals each too, to earn Subway vouchers in Round One while our backline as a whole was super in the second half, keeping the Bears to a pretty low total across the third and fourth terms.

Nice to get the win at home in the opening round. Next round is a big game against the Demons in what is sure to be a cracking encounter!! :thumbsu:

Go Dragons!! :thumbsu:

Code:
DRA        HO  K  M  H  T  FF FA G  B   Dt
DJ75        0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0    0
DragoDelph  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0    0
Ge3ks       0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0    0

Team Krispy Kreme!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 01: Dragons FFC v Las Vegas Bears at Ljp86's Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

Back