Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 01: Gold City Royals v Roys FFC at The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't believe the Roys are still a thing. I offered to save them once, they ignored me
Meh if we did fade away into obscurity I'm sure someone would dig us up and play us again regardless.
Don't you think?

I can't believe the Roys are still a thing. I offered to save them once, they ignored me

They are irrelevant beyond belief
To be fair, everyone ignores Norf fans. Sorry

Sad Mad Men GIF

I haven't even got the grass out from between my teeth from last season
Hopefully you have got your teeth out of the grass and this thought makes me wonder about the older footy players and their dentures. I remember the Cood a beens naming a team of toothless players and Peter Dacios was the team mascot as he had only two teeth knocked out that week end.

Most would see players today put their mouth guards in the sock when shooting for goal. I wonder if players of yester year, put their dentures in the same spot. Lower dentures wobble around something terrible

1721622017466.png

Royals, I've got the key points for the team game plane lads.

1. If you've got the ball get it to me.
2. If I've got the ball, shepherd and block for me so I can run the ball and have a shot on goal.
3. If the opposition has the ball, get it and give it to me.
4. Kick outs. If I pass the ball back into play to you, shelter in position until I run by and give me the ball. The 1/2 give and get should also be applied in all stoppages. If for some reason you take possession of the ball at a stoppage, see game plan point 1.
5. If I decide not to contest the ruck, all taps are directed to me.
6. If I am called to the bench, the closest player to the bench will leave the ground in my behalf.

Any questions?

I think we believe we are irrelevant. You nearly got it right. Keep trying . You may get there.

I've got the key points for the team game plane lads.

2. If I've got the ball, shepherd and block for me so I can run the ball and have a shot on goal.
4. Kick outs. If I pass the ball back into play to you, shelter in position until I run by and give me the ball. The 1/2 give and get should also be applied in all stoppages. If for some reason you take possession of the ball at a stoppage, see game plan point 1.
6. If I am called to the bench, the closest player to the bench will leave the ground in my behalf.

Any questions?
How do we get the ball? Asking for a mate.

UL do you live in North Melbourne? I used to when I was poor and, even though I am not poor any more, I often detour through North Melbourne on the way home to check out the old haunts.

Hopefully you have got your teeth out of the grass and this thought makes me wonder about the older footy players and their dentures. I remember the Cood a beens naming a team of toothless players and Peter Dacios was the team mascot as he had only two teeth knocked out that week end.

Most would see players today put their mouth guards in the sock when shooting for goal. I wonder if players of yester year, put their dentures in the same spot. Lower dentures wobble around something terrible

View attachment 2055617
I remember McIntosh getting a tooth knocked out in a State game . Smiled less brightly and kept on playing

Meanwhile a trainer kept looking for the tooth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are so a Thing! Come a little closer and say that we aren’t.

1721624604417.gif

Any questions?
Hopefully it's not the same game plane that the Dee's caught to WA

Good afternoon Royals and Roys. It vexes me greatly to have to snap out of my languor and participate in a match thread so soon after last season ended but here I am

Any questions?
With such a well constructed game plan, I can't see us losing a game tbh.

Not going to lie, hurts seeing Zevon in an team that's not the Rillas :(
Ah I knew a poster called Elmer once, pretty sure he was a team mate! But he didn’t go by the name Hauser so now I’m confused

Anyway if you’re half as good on the qooty field as the other one then you’re all right with me! 😝

Good afternoon Royals and Roys. It vexes me greatly to have to snap out of my languor and participate in a match thread so soon after last season ended but here I am
Your attendance is noted

We thank you for your service

Any questions?
I sense greatness in this one Cadsky
Magnificent recruiting by you… or by whoever you’re stealing the credit from

iiS84hOJXh1Pq.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 01: Gold City Royals v Roys FFC at The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back