Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 10 : West Coast Wonders v Roys FFC at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

I've just driven past the Royal Derby, they're standing in the rain 2 deep all around waiting to get in t keep the celebrations going. Great weather Melbs.
I saw photos from Brunswick St Oval today and the weather looks truly miserable!

Understandable. Have you ever been to the GF?
The only GF I've been to is the one at Waverley between Hawthorn and someone (West Coast?)

Oh and a Fosters Cup Grand Final (also at Waverley) in 1992. Hawthorn smashed us.

What got you onto it?
My two closest mates are Victorian (they're both mutual friends).

One lives in the Northern suburbs of Melbourne and is a Pies fan.

My best mate here is a Saints fan that moved to Sydney 11+ years ago.

Pies mate took me to a Pies v PA match last year in March after much trying for 10 or so years, lol. Said mate and I should go to games when I return from Melbourne (as Saints mate hasn't really been to any games since moving to Sydney).

Slowly but surely got into it. Researched and watched many games for 2 or so months last year, went to my second game at the SCG for the Sydney derby in May last year and loved it. Walked in a neutral, walked out a Giant (I already had a Giants lean before going to that game).

First and last time seeing the Giants win a derby. Good times, lol.

Anyhow, my love for footy overrides my love for the club and I love being around footy fans (which is why I like being here). Best thing I've ever done. :D

I saw photos from Brunswick St Oval today and the weather looks truly miserable!

The only GF I've been to is the one at Waverley between Hawthorn and someone (West Coast?)

Oh and a Fosters Cup Grand Final (also at Waverley) in 1992. Hawthorn smashed us.
It is so typical from one day to the next total contrast.
I went to the Richmond v Hawthorn GF way back.
Massive crowd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies mate took me to a Pies v PA match last year in March after much trying for 10 or so years, lol. Said mate and I should go to games when I return from Melbourne (as Saints mate hasn't really been to any games since moving to Sydney).

Slowly but surely got into it. Researched and watched many games for 2 or so months last year, went to my second game at the SCG for the Sydney derby in May last year and loved it. Walked in a neutral, walked out a Giant (I already had a Giants lean before going to that game).

Anyhow, my love for footy overrides my love for the club and I love being around footy fans (which is why I like being here). Best thing I've ever done. :D
Well this is ****ing wholesome

This is a very cool story! Hope you continue to enjoy it.

its going to hurt a hell of a lot more today! Congrats!
You are not wrong. Had my head in the porcelain most of the morning. I'm gonna dominate the qooty.

One more thing, we often get told we don't have history.

This much is true, we don't have a long history but I thoroughly enjoy footy fans sharing their footy/clubs history with us.

Yesterday I recognised Up There Cazaly before a lyric was even sung. Such is the footy history and culture that has been shared with me and I'm in my second year of footy.

Much respect to all those who are happy to share their history with us newbies. I love it.

One more thing, we often get told we don't have history.

This much is true, we don't have a long history but I thoroughly enjoy footy fans sharing their footy/clubs history with us.

Yesterday I recognised Up There Cazaly before a lyric was even sung. Such is the footy history and culture that has been shared with me and I'm in my second year of footy.

Much respect to all those who are happy to share their history with us newbies. I love it.
The footy wins hand down!

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 10 : West Coast Wonders v Roys FFC at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back