Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 12: Gold City Royals v Gumbies FFC at The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

Given Sydney is literally on the Coast, everything is Western Sydney, makes it a big place.

You missed out not venturing to God's holiday destination.
I stayed at West HQ Rooty Hill and was specifically told not to venture out of the complex lol

Honestly I’m that fed up with some Swans supporters (not you Cadsky 😘) and the club in general that I’m THIS CLOSE to defecting to the Giants, so I hope you’re right.
Please don't do it. You're too good for that mob

I mean he did actually come into my work once to introduce himself
nervous stress GIF by Family Food Fight

What a day that must have been for you!

Keeping a bald coach who isn't going to get you a flag? That's Alberton behaviour.
Port fans are even worse.
Where did they think they'd finish this year and most other years.
Ken's problem is that he keeps over performing getting a fringe finals team to finish top 4 and/or prelims and they keep losing to sides better than them .
They get mad because he keeps doing better than he should

Honestly I’m that fed up with some Swans supporters (not you Cadsky 😘) and the club in general that I’m THIS CLOSE to defecting to the Giants, so I hope you’re right.

On our board, we're up to Chris Scott Part V - this latest edition opened August 2020 and in the 2 years through to about August 22, we added a bit over 260 pages of "discussion", which was pretty much divided between 'Scott = good' and 'Scott needs to go'. We probably heard it more from our own fans than external chat about how Scott inherited a premiership team, he didn't have to do much in 2011 as it was the players who won that premiership blah blah blah, and as such he had overstayed in subsequent years

When it was announced in May 22 that Scott had signed for a further two years, we joked about how long it would take to reach part 10 such was the regulatory of venting in that thread

To put into perspective what a premiership can do - we've had less than 20 pages added to that thread since 24 Sept 22... When there's minimal to vent about, folks are seemingly happy to ignore the coach and the real Negative Nelly's have moved on, unless we lose a couple of matches in a row and they temporarily pop their heads up

It seems that when you're a supporter of a team that's always thereabouts, pushing for success each year, that when the ultimate isn't achieved, you then become a team of the biggest sooks - sometimes we all just need to remember to step back, enjoy the good times that our teams give us and that it's not the end of the world when the success isn't there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 12: Gold City Royals v Gumbies FFC at The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back