Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 12: Ophidian Old Boys v Sin City Swamprats at Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

well be back on sunday .i think i have hit my restritcted post numbers
What have the mods put a limit on the amount of times, you can post on a match thread every week?

Damn it people , didn't you get the memo about me being allergic to hard work? Respectfully Irish, we need to swap places here:p
I guess the newbie gets to draw the short straw here mate.:p Shit always roles downhill as they say!:laughv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did do the nightshift at the local mail sorting depot for about a year or two before.

11pm to 7am was my shift, i actually didn't mind the job you just did your thing, had a bit of banter with your workmates etc.

There was no angry customers to deal with either, any job that doesn't involve dealing with the public is ideal for me!

So yeah i guess that explains my nocturnal posting hours at times. There was a supermarket where i live that used to be open for 24 hours.

I went in there in the wee small hours of the morning once. Obviously the store being quiet was an advantage, but on the flip side there would hardly be no fresh fruit and veg available.

Basically all they got was the left over stock from the previous day, i never did it again and they stopped doing it eventually. They obviously just weren't getting the customer numbers to warrant staying open all night.

Most of the conveniences stores that are in with the service stations stay open 24 hours though, there's two actually within walking distance of me if i need something at any hour of the day or night.

It actually feels like the crazy world around us has paused for a bit whenever i stay up late. It just feels like you have the world all to yourself at times.

Outside of family and close friends i'm kind of sick of the human race, sometimes staying up late just helps you clear the head a little bit.

On the flip side of that getting up at the crack of dawn can also feel good. It's nice to get up at 4 30 going to 5am knowing that you have the whole day in front of you as well. Horses for courses as the old saying goes!

Last edited:
I did do the nightshift at the local mail sorting depot for about a year or two before.

11pm to 7am was my shift, i actually didn't mind the job you just did your thing, had a bit of banter with your workmates etc.

There was no angry customers to deal with either, any job that doesn't involve dealing with the public is ideal for me!

So yeah i guess that explains my nocturnal posting hours at times. There was a supermarket where i live that used to be open for 24 hours.

I went in there in the wee small hours of the morning once. Obviously the store being quiet was an advantage, but on the flip side there would hardly be no fresh fruit and veg available.

Basically all they got was the left over stock from the previous day, i never did it again and they stopped doing it eventually. They obviously just weren't getting the customer numbers to warrant staying open all night.

Most of the conveniences stores that are in with the service stations stay open 24 hours though, there's two actually within walking distance of me if i need something at any hour of the day or night.

It actually feels like the crazy world around us has paused for a bit whenever i stay up late. It just feels like you have the world all to yourself at times.

Outside of family and close friends i'm kind of sick of the human race, sometimes staying help up late just helps you clear the head a little bit bit.

On the flip side of that getting up at the crack of dawn can also feel good. It's nice to get up at 4 30 going to 5am knowing that you have the whole day in front of you as well. Horses for courses as the old saying goes!
Yeah, like the quiet of night, also radio stations play uninterrupted cruisy music which is something I always enjoyed.

Yeah, like the quiet of night, also radio stations play uninterrupted cruisy music which is something I always enjoyed.
I used to love watching the music videos on MTV right up to two or three, or indeed sometimes four am as well back in the day.

This was back in the days when commercial music used to be good, and it was also when MTV used to actually play music!:laughv1:

This was a song that always used to give me some good late night vibes back in the day.

I fully agree with one of the comments here on the video as well.

The mid 80s- mid 2000s era will remain unique in music history. The record industry was making so much money they could afford to allocate $1 million plus to music video budgets and that gave us some of the most creative, cinematic and memorable videos. Now all videos are shot on portable digital cameras and all look the same. No more helicopters, speedboats, action sequences. This video, Honey by Mariah Carey and Remember the Times by Michael Jackson are prime examples of absolute classics.

On the early hours on a Saturday MTV Ireland/UK used to always play more chilled out music. These two songs were synonymous with that time slot.

That last song there and the video is particularly crazy indeed!:laughv1:

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 12: Ophidian Old Boys v Sin City Swamprats at Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back