Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 13: East Side Hawks v Dragons FFC at the Eyrie [MOTR]

Remove this Banner Ad

hawksS37.png 27DRA53059db217c79022.png
Last time they met: Season 21, Round 13
Despite the first quarter being quite close and promising a good contest for the rest of the game, the Dragons would go on to dominate the rest of the match. Specifically, the 3rd quarter where the Dragons smashed East Side 10 goals to 2 put to bed any doubt anyone might’ve had about who was winning that day. One victory that the Hawks did have was Biggie getting Best-on-Ground honours even with the Dragons being the better team by a wide margin, being led by Spanna_ and Hate (I know Hate likes getting mentioned.)

What I want to talk about though is James Blunt, whose entire fan base I have located posting for one of these teams here cough por_please_ya cough. With the news coming out that James Blunt may change his name to an option given to him via the internet, I thought I’d give you a quick rundown of his life with this new name change…

Blunty McBluntface is an English singer, songwriter and musician. He has released seven albums since 2004 and has sold over 20 million records worldwide.

After serving in the British Army, McBluntface rose to fame in 2004 with the release of his debut album Back to Bedlam, achieving worldwide fame with the singles "You're Beautiful" and "Goodbye My Lover". Blunty’s first album has sold over 12 million copies worldwide, topping the UK Albums Chart and peaking at number two in the US. "You're Beautiful" reached number one in thirteen countries, including the UK and the US. Back to Bedlam was the best-selling album of the 2000s in the UK, and is one of the best-selling albums in UK chart history.

McBluntface's second album, All the Lost Souls, released in 2007, reached number one in twelve countries. Blunty went on to release a further five albums, one every three years or so: Some Kind of Trouble (2010), Moon Landing (2013), The Afterlove (2017), Once Upon a Mind (2019) and Who We Used to Be (2023).

McBluntface has sold over 20 million records worldwide, as of 2013. Blunty has received several awards, including two Brit Awards—winning Best British Male in 2006—two MTV Video Music Awards and two Ivor Novello Awards, as well as receiving five Grammy Award nominations and an Honorary Doctorate of Music in 2016 from the University of Bristol.

McBluntface's third single, "You're Beautiful", was his break-out hit. The song debuted at number 12 in the UK and reached number one six weeks later. The song received huge airplay in the UK, propelling Back to Bedlam to number one on the UK Albums Chart. The extensive airplay ultimately led to McBluntface and his co-writers being awarded the Ivor Novello Award for Most Performed Work.

McBluntface became the first British artist to top the American singles chart in nearly a decade when "You're Beautiful" reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 in 2006; the last British artist to do so was Elton John in 1997 with the song "Candle in the Wind 1997". "Goodbye My Lover" was released as the fourth UK single from the album in December 2005, and the second US single. The songs "High" and "Wisemen" were subsequently re-released in 2006. McBluntface began 2006 celebrating five Brit Award nominations, and went on to win Best British Male Solo Artist and Best pop act categories, having already started an 11-month world tour. On 31 August 2006, Blunty won two awards at the 2006 MTV Video Music Awards, with "You're Beautiful" winning the award for Best Male Video.

Anyways, that’s enough, Callums_Guns DragoDelph Make sure that the teamsheet is correct and posted before Friday at 3 am AEDT.​

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 13: East Side Hawks v Dragons FFC at the Eyrie [MOTR]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back