Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 13: West Coast Wonders v Sin City Swamprats at the Colosseum [MOTR]

Remove this Banner Ad

Great. Ready to smash some rats this weekend.

rat-bashing-stick.png
Do what I do best

I've invited King Charles and Queen Camilla to sit in the Colosseum's Royal Box on Sunday.
And DemurePrincess too.

Please make sure you clean up after you when you've finished in the Box.

Shiba Inu Dog GIF by Sendcloud

Omg! You heard that convo too?

Uncle Charles is all about boxes!!! 🤦‍♀️

Anyway, we are on a bye so happy to pop in and cheer the Wonders on!

Omg! You heard that convo too?

Uncle Charles is all about boxes!!! 🤦‍♀️

Anyway, we are on a bye so happy to pop in and cheer the Wonders on!
Glad to see you around friend and sounds like you have recovered the Lions premiership afterparty now.

I know I'm not fully recovered yet for the big party it was though, still dreaming about that GF every night :laughv1:

Confused Homer Simpson GIF

Glad to see you around friend and sounds like you have recovered the Lions premiership afterparty now.

I know I'm not fully recovered yet for the big party it was though, still dreaming about that GF every night :laughv1:

Confused Homer Simpson GIF
Where have you been? Was about to send out a search party?
Good to see you too friend 🫶🏻🫶🏻

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where have you been? Was about to send out a search party?
Good to see you too friend 🫶🏻🫶🏻
Everywhere and nowhere both at the same time and gotta soak up the fun while it lasts.

Honestly, been quite busy lately in life and just haven't had enough energy or time to be as active as I first was.

Glad to see you're around still and hope you're going well also friend 🫶🏻🫶🏻

Everywhere and nowhere both at the same time and gotta soak up the fun while it lasts.

Honestly, been quite busy lately in life and just haven't had enough energy or time to be as active as I first was.

Glad to see you're around still and hope you're going well also friend 🫶🏻🫶🏻
I think I found the issue hey?

We became adults??
And we are forever doing this shit lol
Shaun The Sheep Dog GIF by Aardman Animations

And this…

Happy Football GIF by ZDF

And sometimes it goes like this..

epic fail oops GIF by Rosanna Pansino

But before you know it… we are back to normality!
Her Majesty Love Juggling GIF by Warner Archive

The only way life can be described really lol

I think I found the issue hey?

We became adults??
And we are forever doing this shit lol
Shaun The Sheep Dog GIF by Aardman Animations

And this…

Happy Football GIF by ZDF

And sometimes it goes like this..

epic fail oops GIF by Rosanna Pansino

But before you know it… we are back to normality!
Her Majesty Love Juggling GIF by Warner Archive

The only way life can be described really lol
Sure feels like it sometimes and it's 100x worse when you struggle with probable inattentive ADHD as I do.

4 months in my study and already way behind and then the stress of it all just makes me not do anything for the whole day so I don't do any and there's other life issues and that's why I just haven't had any time on here or my friends recently cause it's all consumed with study or life.

Maybe, I need to create a time management plan or some goals for myself in life instead of consuming myself of work and drama 24/7 even though I'm barely in my 20s still (I sound old) 😅

Guy Grandpa GIF

Sure feels like it sometimes and it's 100x worse when you struggle with probable inattentive ADHD as I do.

4 months in my study and already way behind and then the stress of it all just makes me not do anything for the whole day so I don't do any and there's other life issues and that's why I just haven't had any time on here or my friends recently cause it's all consumed with study or life.

Maybe, I need to create a time management plan or some goals for myself in life instead of consuming myself of work and drama 24/7 even though I'm barely in my 20s still (I sound old) 😅

Guy Grandpa GIF
Are you medicated?

I’m in the process to looking into meds.. I’m finding the older I get the more scattered I’ve become 😂 and I’m finding that dealing with it is a lot more stressful being older too. So I completely understand that life plus mature age studying with ADHD is definitely like…
Season 4 Oops GIF by Karma's World

Keep smiling! Keep breathing xx

Appreciate mate, it feels so taxing not having the focus of study or work daily and then feeling like crap afterwards cause I have the realisation that I haven't done much throughout the day no matter how much effort I put in.

Don't get me wrong in saying there are so many people worse off than me in the world but it's kinda why I took 8-9 weeks off BF from the Wonders lately and have kinda beat around the bush about the reasoning til now.

Are you medicated?

I’m in the process to looking into meds.. I’m finding the older I get the more scattered I’ve become 😂 and I’m finding that dealing with it is a lot more stressful being older too. So I completely understand that life plus mature age studying with ADHD is definitely like…
Season 4 Oops GIF by Karma's World's World

Keep smiling! Keep breathing xx
To be honest, I'm not even diagnosed of it but I've always the symptoms since a child and surprised I haven't been tested for it but always hid the issues to stay afloat at school and life such as cheating in exams as I never could focus for 2 secs on notes or starting a project until the final minute and getting weak results as such.

The only thing that has and continue to keep me sane is sport and fitness (hence why I study sport development in the first place and want to be a PE teacher) so maybe my lack of fitness lately from the over consumption of trying to complete studies unsuccessfully has resulted in my probable ADHD go haywire and back to bad habits again (my brain is weird it seems).

Really should get tested though cause it's really been a tough couple of years since finishing high school and I have so much potential in life that it would be a shame for it to all go down the drain really but I'm afraid to just speak up about it (well until now).

What do / did you study btw?

Last edited:

Guy Grandpa GIF
I don't have time to do a time management course.......

Appreciate mate, it feels so taxing not having the focus of study or work daily and then feeling like crap afterwards cause I have the realisation that I haven't done much throughout the day no matter how much effort I put in.

Don't get me wrong in saying there are so many people worse off than me in the world but it's kinda why I took 8-9 weeks off BF from the Wonders lately and have kinda beat around the bush about the reasoning til now.

To be honest, I'm not even diagnosed of it but I've always the symptoms since a child but always hid them to stay afloat at school and life such as cheating in exams as I never could focus for 2 secs on notes or starting a project until the final minute.

The only thing that has and continue to keep me sane is sport and fitness so maybe my lack of fitness lately from the over consumption of trying to complete studies unsuccessfully has resulted in my probable ADHD go haywire and back to bad habits again (my brain is weird it seems).

Really should get tested though cause it's really been a tough couple of years since finishing high school and I have so much potential in life that it would be a shame for it to all go down the drain really but I'm afraid to just speak up about it until now.
There is nothing wrong with you! Same with me! Our brains are wired differently! Its what makes you unique however, there is so much evidence with medication that quality of life can be improved. Like having focus!

It was explained to me perfectly the other day… our brains are so over stimulated by what’s going on around us that the focus on what’s in front of us is impossible or is harder!

How much do you love watching people???? lol

Anyway, it’s a long ****ing process, GP, shrink (don’t make the mistake like I did and see a phycologist bc they can’t prescribe meds) but I’ve seen the benefits in adhd medicated adults mate! And I’m willing to give it a crack to find something that resembles ‘normal’

I’m also sports driven so I move constantly! I only stop moving when I sleep! I even eat standing lol

So I think the benefit of meds would make a massive improvement for the rest of my life plus my daughter has been diagnosed with HDHD and she’s only 9.

I can’t have 2 of us in the house with ADHD bc when she’s a teen I think we will have major issues so want to sort it all before it becomes one lol

Look into it! Find time… for you! xx

There is nothing wrong with you! Same with me! Our brains are wired differently! Its what makes you unique however, there is so much evidence with medication that quality of life can be improved. Like having focus!

It was explained to me perfectly the other day… our brains are so over stimulated by what’s going on around us that the focus on what’s in front of us is impossible or is harder!

How much do you love watching people???? lol

Anyway, it’s a long ****ing process, GP, shrink (don’t make the mistake like I did and see a phycologist bc they can’t prescribe meds) but I’ve seen the benefits in adhd medicated adults mate! And I’m willing to give it a crack to find something that resembles ‘normal’

I’m also sports driven so I move constantly! I only stop moving when I sleep! I even eat standing lol

So I think the benefit of meds would make a massive improvement for the rest of my life plus my daughter has been diagnosed with HDHD and she’s only 9.

I can’t have 2 of us in the house with ADHD bc when she’s a teen I think we will have major issues so want to sort it all before it becomes one lol

Look into it! Find time… for you! xx
For some reason, I suddenly thought of this.

Cubs2Lions and DemurePrincess

Let's cry together, then. It's Friday night, I'm drunk, so why not?

I'm 43 (44, in a couple of weeks). I was diagnosed 10 years ago, while struggling with a PhD in a foreign country with wife and two young kids. Up to that point, I had been able to overcome my shortcomings. All my mistakes ended up being amusing, although they always hurt a bit.

I failed in the PhD. I have abandoned Academia. I don't know what to do with my life since. I work in a job I'm not good at, but I'm unfireable, because it's a family business. Still, one can imagine what it does to my self-steem. Add up that my wife and kids don't like the city we live in, and the last decade has been a never-ending nightmare. From the outside, it all seems great. However, I know it's not. I feel like a waste.

I grew up as a mystery to teachers. My grades were all over the place. I would go relatively well with exams, but I couldn't get the "easy grades". I would give a good first impression, just to screw it all with some stupidity no long after. The activities that "any monkey would do" would always be the worst. No one seemed to understand how that could be possible.

I currently take Venvanse 70mg everyday. My oldest son is ADHD as well. I see all the great and all the bad things of me in him, and it's both awesome and scary. I didn't have many friends. He has any. It gets better in college, but he's still 3 years away from it. I wish I could help him, but I have my own demons to deal with first.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 13: West Coast Wonders v Sin City Swamprats at the Colosseum [MOTR]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back