Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 4: Gold City Royals v Las Vegas Bears @ The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal
SweetFA.png

Round 4
Gold City Royals vs Las Vegas Bears

Gold City will host the Bears as the Royals seek to find the winners list after falling to the Gumbies last week in a low-scoring affair, and a more active offense will certainly be expected in front of their home crowd.

The Bears look to take their winning ways on the road again after disposing of the Bombers with Chipmunk scoring an awesome winning goal in the dying moments of an absolute thriller.

GoldenThrone.png
The Golden Throne

Royals.png
Form Guide
LWL

Season so Far

A good new logo doesn't translate to Qooty consistency, otherwise the Royals would be guaranteed a home final already. The Royals added 3 new rookies to their list with manicpie being the strong starter, whilst also snagging super suns from the Dragons and a returning Uncle_Leo and Crimson Azure , but the delisting of Sweet legends including former Captain and games record holder Blacky and #scandal creator brahj certainly indicates a changing of the guard in Gold City.

Cadsky carries a large weight within the team but is well supported Zevon , krakouers , GreyCrow and Footypie32 amongst others. The Royals put out a disappointing showing last week, scoring the third lowest total for the season so far of any club and need to leave that performance in the past to bounce back quickly.

Players to Watch

171140.jpg
- GreyCrow

I remember when GreyCrow debuted in S23 and now he's played almost 200 more games than me. Crazy. The 3rd most capped Royal ever.
DT Points this Season: 232 (Club 3rd)
Tackles this Season: 11 (Club 2nd)
Hit-outs this Season: 28

121117.jpg
- Cadsky

The Royals Captain has led from the front this season, often topping match thread post counts and leading the club in DT points so far in the season.
DT Points this Season: 260 (=10th)
Kicks this Season: 42 (=2nd)
TOTW Selections: 1

Prediction

A victory, or potentially a defeat, but almost definitely not a draw.

BearsLV.png
Form Guide
LWW

The Season so Far

The Bears were the last club I played for and they kind of exploded during the season I was there, although I claim no responsibility. Under the captaincy of tony they seem to have found their feet. Veterans like Test Tickle , Cap , Art Vandelay_ and JoshWoodenSpoon remain with the club, whilst MWPP and Matera92 are flying the flag for non-key forwards across the league.

The Bears suffered a disappointing loss in Round 1 to the Dragons but since then have been in fine form, scoring victories over the Roys and the aforementioned nail-biter against the Bombers and will look to take another away scalp here this weekend.

Players to Watch

122205.jpg
- MWPP

Statistically one of the best Forward Pockets in the league who also contributes well in match threads, a massive boon to the Bears list.
Goals this Season: 6 (Club =2nd)
Behinds this Season: 9 (Club 1st)
TOTW Selections: 1

148740.jpg
- JoshWoodenSpoon

The two time Beez MVP has found a rich vein of form in the backline this season whilst also being one of Las Vegas' best in match threads.
TOTW Selections: 2
Marks this Season: 16 (Club 1st)

Prediction

A defeat, or a potential victory, but highly unlikely to draw.

Teamsheets have your captains present you at some point, thank you​

Last edited:

Alright Bears, let's keep this winning streak going! This week, we're up against the Gold City Royals at the Golden Throne. I’ve checked out the facilities, and I have to say, it’s a pretty impressive setup. This Golden Throne sure does look better than the woods we use as dunnies back in Las Vegas. Remember to flush and wash your hands after using it!

Come and join the fun in the match thread this week as we aim for a royal flush.

the golden throne.jpg
Art Vandelay_ Cap Chipmunk CountryLad Electronic_Renaissance Fizzler Grin I Dont Care Jezmiester40 JoseMourinho JoshWoodenSpoon kane249 Matera92 Millky95 Muddiemoose MWPP RonnieRaven RookiePick Senor M Shadow Man SSSSSS Tandy Test Tickle Tommycash

A very good morning to you Bears.

Supersuns and I will be hanging out at the Blackjack table all week. Come say hi!

Ah darn it, it’s a home game?? The one opponent I never want to play at home 😡

Angry Music Video GIF by Arrow Video

Supersuns and I will be hanging out at the Blackjack table all week. Come say hi!

I should have stopped reading after the 2nd line.

tony walk in walk out v2.gif

I should have stopped reading after the 2nd line.
Stop bantering and give me the horse racing markets already

Or the dogs

Or the camels

Whatever’s running

Good morning Bears. It's great to be hosting you this week. We're looking forward to crushing you on Sunday, but until then please enjoy your Royal quarters and remember that all valuables are alarmed, so please don't touch.

Nothing
GreyCrow
Smartys Power
Jhye Clark 13
Uncle_Leo
Golumless
krakouers
manicpie
nahnah
gouki88
Bianconeri
Ulahoopski
Brenton Davy
hotchilli
Memphis
Pedro
jamesclean
MrPremiership
Mr Cheese
grumbleguts
Footypie32
Zevon
Supersuns
Membling
NTRabbit
CakeEater
Crimson Azure

Good morning Bears. It's great to be hosting you this week.
No it isn’t. We should have done an NRL and sold a home game to Las Vegas. It’s not too late skip, make it happen 🤩

las vegas nevada GIF

Good morning Bears. It's great to be hosting you this week. We're looking forward to crushing you on Sunday, but until then please enjoy your Royal quarters and remember that all valuables are alarmed, so please don't touch.

Nothing
GreyCrow
Smartys Power
Jhye Clark 13
Uncle_Leo
Golumless
krakouers
manicpie
nahnah
gouki88
Bianconeri
Ulahoopski
Brenton Davy
hotchilli
Memphis
Pedro
jamesclean
MrPremiership
Mr Cheese
grumbleguts
Footypie32
Zevon
Supersuns
Membling
NTRabbit
CakeEater
Crimson Azure
Thank you for hosting us, I look forward to using the Golden throne, but not so much the crushing on Sunday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it isn’t. We should have done an NRL and sold a home game to Las Vegas. It’s not too late skip, make it happen 🤩

las vegas nevada GIF
This might be the only way we get to play a game at home. 4 rounds in and we have only played 1 game at home.

This might be the only way we get to play a game at home. 4 rounds in and we have only played 1 game at home.
That’s outrageous, if I was league commissioner everyone would be playing all their games in Vegas. We could call it Gambling Gather Season.

This is the only week I can shit in a toilet not the woods so I'm always happy to play for the Royals

I mean play AT the Royals... yes...

All in on Chippy the Hero
Such reckless addictive behaviour on display. This is why you shouldn’t gamble kids.

And before you say anything, it’s not gambling when I do it. It’s investing.

I’m a bit short this week, can I get $3,000 Chippy Credits? K thanks

$1,000 on Supersuns Sucks
$1,000 on Ipromisemuddiemooseisntburiedsomewhereinthewoods
$1,000 on Sizzler is Better than KFC
Thank you for placing your bets with Chippybet, we look forward to keeping your money.

Terrible names
My guess is the owner of these horses may have been a little preoccupied when he came up with those names.

ted bong.gif

Watch his last quarter against the Boomers last weekend. He was Heeney like
Hopefully the real Heeney plays four quarters against the Bombers this week.

That’s outrageous, if I was league commissioner everyone would be playing all their games in Vegas. We could call it Gambling Gather Season.
You have my vote. We have 2 perfect locations as well to suit everyone's needs.

Wuss Bets.png
Betting Ring.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 4: Gold City Royals v Las Vegas Bears @ The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back