Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 4: Gold City Royals v Las Vegas Bears @ The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

I got married at 24 so I could get a bucket list* item out of the way early.

*Bucket list: n. A list of items you might do in the hope that you kick the bucket.
Getting married/having kids was a LOOOOONG way down my bucket list

One of my mates asked me last week which Olympic sport would you be good at if you had the choice

I said football because you could do that for a career and earn enough, they weren’t impressed

One of my mates asked me last week which Olympic sport would you be good at if you had the choice

I said football because you could do that for a career and earn enough, they weren’t impressed

Breaking is now the only correct answer

Last edited:
Happy Friday everyone!

Captains run for anyone who hasn't scored a goal in the last two weeks
I had to check who hasn't scored a goal over the last 2 weeks and surprising our Full Back and Back Pocket have scored goals over the last 2 weeks while some of the forward line haven't. Some of our forwards might need to do some goal kicking practice.

Married 30 years

Checks out
I’ve been back to the US, Manila and Qatar for competition since marriage so I haven’t been completely grounded

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It has certainly been worse at snobby public schools but at my public coed intermediate school in 2000 the only option was still a skirt

Mind you, the boys were limited to shorts and weren’t allowed to wear skirts either

I contrast that to 2024 when my patient yesterday happily wore his school skirt into my rooms but still proudly confirmed he/him pronouns (also being a birth assigned male). I was pleasantly surprised but happy/relieved to hear that he isn’t being bullied.

Unfortunately it depends on the school & their community. I currently work at a school that still has some gendered nature to our uniform.

Girls are allowed to wear skirts, their school dress or school pants—- however the school pants are only a male cut style. Therefore the majority of girls refuse to wear them.

How much life would be soo much easier if School Council changed the uniform policy to allow track pants & t-shirts (or collared t-shirts rather than the white dress shirt) for both genders. Remove the need to follow up on uniform if students are comfortable wearing it correctly

Unfortunately it depends on the school & their community. I currently work at a school that still has some gendered nature to our uniform.

Girls are allowed to wear skirts, their school dress or school pants—- however the school pants are only a male cut style. Therefore the majority of girls refuse to wear them.

How much life would be soo much easier if School Council changed the uniform policy to allow track pants & t-shirts (or collared t-shirts rather than the white dress shirt) for both genders. Remove the need to follow up on uniform if students are comfortable wearing it correctly
Thanks for sharing your experience.

At my mum’s school, the uniform is simply the school polo top (that comes in both relaxed and fitted styles) and bring your own plain black chinos. Your suggestion of a t shirt/top and track pants would work just as well if not better (as having standardised pants removes the class/brand elements).

Smartys Power hello

Saturday we are enemies and on Sunday we unite to crush the real enemy

Bears - I hate em - always shitting in the woods where I walk
My real enemy is the Pope. Always being catholic and shit.

I basically live in jeans, wear them all the time at work. When I buy a pair I always make sure I can do a full squat in them
I certainly wore them a lot (almost daily) in my early uni days as my job at the time and my non-placement contact time meant they were the perfect go to

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 4: Gold City Royals v Las Vegas Bears @ The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back