Season most likely over - lets now look Rioli

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't this our policy midway through 2009 - I'd rather lose with the kids in. Stock the side with youth and look towards 2010

Play our best FIT 22 each week with the aim to win. Winning breeds winning culture. If you keep losing (even in close ones) you forget how to win.

It ain't the kids letting us down.

It ain't the kids letting us down.

Actually everyone is letting us down

Ladson, Roughead, Ellis and Lewis are premiership players who have been down

but Shiels and Shoenmakers are kids who are also letting us down.

I don't think its a question of players full stop - So far this season we haven't had a game where Rioli and Hooper have played in the same team. We haven't had a game where Sewell and Mitchell have played in the same team. We still haven't seen Burgoyne. The loss of Gibson means that Hodge can't play solely as a midfielder let alone go forward.

Yes I am annoyed and frustrated but I don't think having skinny 18 year olds really works either - ask Richmond.

Apparently no side has ever played finals after a 1 & 5 start to a season.
Season IS over, so lets start planning for next year.

Fitzroy did it. But no team has done it in the current 16-team comp.

And it only needs us to get our shit together and we could be the first. Plenty of time.

Question is - can we get our shit together?

Surely the club won't play Cyril next week, especially at Subiaco.

I think Hooper will come back in, and they'll have to rest Rioli.

I hate reading and hearing the people in the press who actually give credit to Rioli's opponent. Praising them for keeping them in check. Sam Edmund did it in today's rag, claiming that Henry Slattery did a good job on him.

No Sam, Osteitis Pubis did a good job on him. As I told the people sitting next to me, when Rioli got caught holding the ball.

You don't catch Superman, unless he's been Kryptonited!

Remove this Banner Ad

Season most likely over - lets now look Rioli

Remove this Banner Ad

Back