kookadog

Club Legend
Mar 21, 2006
Ryde
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Mac Warriors
I've done the ladder predictor and we are still a chance to claim the 8th spot, definitely something to play for anyway.

bye (chance to freshen up)
Essendon
Port adelaide
Hawks
Freo

win them all and we make it. We will start favourites in all except hawks game.

We can lose one of these and it will come down to percentage.

It's over. So over. I want to see Howard, tutt, Corey, wallis, vez and even panos play some footy.

Don't bring grant back. He needs to learn that the effort and intensity he showed this season is acceptable.

Don't bring back Minson or gilbee.

No more Barlow, mulligan, stack, hooper, Dj, hill.....these guys all stink and won't help us climb the ladder again....can't believe we're back here actually. Harder to swallow given our best players recently have been morris, hall and Gia. If ward leaves, the cupboard is pretty bare folks

The bye makes it over. If we had one more chance for a win we'd be more than just "mathematically possible."

Yes it is possible. Percentage might undo us though. That depends on what North do. But I reckon north will end up with 10 wins. If they get 11 We certainly would have to win all 4. Along the way try and make up about 7% on North.

North have Hawks, Bye, Freo (here), Stkilda and Richmond. I reckon I give them a real chance in 2 and maybe a 3rd v the saints.

If we only win 3 we have North getting us on % probably and Melbourne will have us by 1/2 a game. They have Eagles at the dome, Richmond, GC and Port (AAMI). Now with their current form who knows how many they win. But real chance to 3 to 4, or they could lose them all.

So yes....win all 4 and we probably make it. Beating the Hawks is hard, now had we beaten the Eagles or North.....ah well.....:D

The media have NFI. Pick up the papers this morning and see headlines "Dogs Gone", "Season Over" etc, so I had to make sure I hadn't misread the fixture. Sure enough yesterday was only round 19. We still have 4 more games to go - how can the season be over?

Those 4 games will help decide the premiership (v Hawthorn who are in the hunt for a top 4 spot - near impossible to win it from outside the top 4), the top 8 (v Essendon and Fremantle) and the wooden spoon (v Port). Hardly season over stuff.

We have 4 games left - I expect, no, demand an effort like that seen in the 2nd half yesterday for the rest of the season so we go out with our heads held high rather than with our tails between our legs.

It's over. So over. I want to see Howard, tutt, Corey, wallis, vez and even panos play some footy.

Don't bring grant back. He needs to learn that the effort and intensity he showed this season is acceptable.

No more Barlow, mulligan, stack, hooper, Dj, hill.....these guys all stink and won't help us climb the ladder again....can't believe we're back here actually. Harder to swallow given our best players recently have been morris, hall and Gia. If ward leaves, the cupboard is pretty bare folks

And surely if your theme is looking to youth then Minson should be played for Huddo?

Agree with most of your post though.
A few differences on who 'stinks' though.

Depends on what happens next week, we would need Freo, North, Essendon and Melbourne to lose, and it looks like they will all be the underdogs in their games. We will all be on level games then (North one game ahead though with the bye the next week).

Beat Essendon the following week and we are 1 game behind Freo with them to come in round 22.

Still don't think we will make it though as I think we will lose to Essendon and Hawthorn.

I retract my previous statement, just did a 'realistic' ladder prediction on the AFL website and had us finish 8th on 10 wins (same as Freo).

Freo v Blues (at Subi) and North (at Etihad) are their crucial games
US v Dons (at Etihad) is crucial

R24 elimination final against Freo pretty much

Freo are gone, imo. I dont think they will win another game. Killed by injuries.

Essendon and North are who we need to worry about. Melbourne have 2 easy wins in GC and Port left as well. We would need to win all 4, and by fairly decent margins. Tough task...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo v North could be an elimination final too. North have a pretty healthy % which will come into play.

We can still make the finals, but definitely scraping in Essendon 2009-style.

Freo are gone, imo. I dont think they will win another game. Killed by injuries.

Essendon and North are who we need to worry about. Melbourne have 2 easy wins in GC and Port left as well. We would need to win all 4, and by fairly decent margins. Tough task...

I reckon the dees are our danger

If they have a new coach this week and re invent themselves could easily make it

I can see the NRL ad for 2012

Look at this score
Geelong 8.3 20.4 28.8 37.11 (233)
Melbourne 0.3 1.1 5.4 7.5 (47)

and Melbourne got to play in finals
who says the AFL is tough and class :)

Lets look at the weeks ahead

Ess The bombers have a huge injury list and we wil get back Higgins Coon on one leg and Morris a few good ins

Port Say no more

Hawthorn :thumbsdown:

Freo In Melbourne the record speak for itself

Play the kids and hope for the best I say

It's dead. Buried. Finito.

Now time for a big cull and a new coach. And get ready for a few lean years. We'lll win a wooden spoon before we play finals again. Mark my words.

Who?? :confused:

It's dead. Buried. Finito.

Now time for a big cull and a new coach. And get ready for a few lean years. We'lll win a wooden spoon before we play finals again. Mark my words.

Stupid comment. We already have a batch of young players that we know will be good to very good players. We are just going to have to replace our older guys once they move on, and the guys who just simply aren't up to it.
Adding to the fact there are 16 (soon to be 17) other teams in the comp, any of which could win a wooden spoon in the years we MAY be near the bottom.

fat_ladysinging.jpg

It's over, even if we do scrape into the 8, it's pointless, we're not going win a final, play all the kids for the rest of the year and rest up everyone who has so much as a bruise or a niggle.

The only value to making the finals is giving the younger players a game to use as experience.

In any event, even if the unlikely happens, the first week will probably be an interstate final.. Hardly something to look forward to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Season not over

Remove this Banner Ad

Back