Season Over Thread - What are your final thoughts on our season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Season Over Thread

I just wish they didn't get our hopes up just to crush them at the last minute.

With the amount of injuries and young first gamers...it's been incredible we've been able to do anything at all.

It's going to be a boring 7 months or so until we get another crack at it...

Looking forward to the MRP findings, let's see how things play out now that the AFL have made a rod for their back. That's the beauty of challenging the appeal, they had to lay their cards on the table -- if a player gets injured from head-high contact, it HAS to result in suspension.

First up - plenty of time to get the guys fixed up and fit. Hopefully, Max is ok too!

2nd up - We were NEVER in the hunt from about May, too many forced team changes. I'm happy enough to get a decent draft pick this year.

3rd - Fit and Firing for next year, we'll be top 6. Minimum.

Looking forward to the MRP findings, let's see how things play out now that the AFL have made a rod for their back. That's the beauty of challenging the appeal, they had to lay their cards on the table -- if a player gets injured from head-high contact, it HAS to result in suspension.

Don't bet on it.

The AFL has two sets of rules - one for the "big 4" clubs and one for everyone else.

It's all about money. That's all Demitrou and his evil cohorts really care about.

Thought they showed plenty of spirit. Frankly 2 down on the bench against a team known for it's hard running was always gonna be an outside chance at best.

Just hope Lloyd gets what he deserves and is remembered for the dog that he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't show spirit for sewelly,

Gutless? And I bet you feel tough sitting behind your computer taking pot shots huh?

Your the gutless one. 2 people down in todays football just decimates your rotations. The boys did all they could, and if both Bailey and Sewell didnt go down we wouldve won.

How long for Matty Lloyd?

Front-on charge with no intention of going for the ball which poleaxed Sewell - 4-6 weeks?

Wonder if he'll pull the retirement defence and the MRP panel give him a token sentence. Rather than be forcibly retired in disgrace.

Donate his dumb body to science while he's still in it I say.

Vivisection anyone?

How long for Matty Lloyd?

Front-on charge with no intention of going for the ball which poleaxed Sewell - 4-6 weeks?

Wonder if he'll pull the retirement defence and the MRP panel give him a token sentence. Rather than be forcibly retired in disgrace.

Donate his dumb body to science while he's still in it I say.

Vivisection anyone?

Just on MMM with a caller and several supporting SMS's that Clarko was going off his nut at Lloyd as they headed down the race after the game. Had to be forcibly restrained by an assistant.

God I love Clarko.:thumbsu:

Oh, and Brownie is after retribution. "Biggest sniper in the game" "His time is coming"

God I love Brownie.:thumbsu:

We would of struggled to get a full team out there next week anyway.

Oh well, hopefully the boys will have good pre-seasons. And be raring to go next year.

Lot of disappointments this year. Made worse because expectations were high. (I think).

Bring on next year I say!

Go Hawks!

Thank God this season is finally over. I didn't want to be in the finals anyway. Whoever won this game is just making up the numbers.
I had the same feelings. As nice as it would have been to flog the scum. BUT, they won't get any further, if they couldn't flog the @#$% out of us today, they have no hope next week!! Sheesh we had a heap of players that have not even played 10 games!! And several more that have not played 20 games..I am so very proud of the effort today..Well done boys..We love you..
As for the umpires, Hawk Frees 16..Scum 26..That McLaren should NEVER, EVER be permitted to umpire a HAwks game again.He is scum of the lowest form..Lewis was standing still, that scum player ran into his knee FGS!! Who gets the free?? The scum...
As I said earlier, they should have beaten us by at least 8 goals today, with the players we had missing!! 9 p/ship players out.. Had we had them in, we would have flogged them..Look out next year!! Let's get our boys operated on, and fighting fit, with a good pre-season. I can't wait until the first bounce of the ball in 2010..We have the 2008 flag, let's continue to enjoy that, at least we took it up to the scum today..They didn't get it easy.. Sewell was a HUGE loss, and so was Bailey.>The poor kid just can't take a trick..I hope it's not too bad, and that he can be ready to play again next year! We would have been the walking wounded next week, Hodge could barely walk..Brave effort boys..Against all the odds, you did your best...

Remove this Banner Ad

Season Over Thread - What are your final thoughts on our season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back