Dandy_GO

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 25, 2005
Yunnan, China
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Celtic, Sunderland
Adelaide has named Robert Shirley – subject to a successful appeal against an SANFL suspension – for Saturday’s home game against Carlton.

Ruckman Ivan Maric has also been recalled to the 22, with Brent Reilly and Jared Petrenko the two omissions at this stage.

Shirley’s appeal against a two-week suspension for rough conduct will be heard at 6.30pm tonight.

Reilly, Petrenko and James Sellar have been listed as emergencies for Saturday’s 2.40pm clash.

There will be more information about Shirley’s availability on afc.com.au this evening.
Adelaide trains at AAMI Stadium on Friday from 10am.

The team is:

B: Johncock, Rutten, Otten
HB: Doughty, Stevens, Symes
C: Knights, Goodwin, Mackay
HF: van Berlo, Moran, McLeod
F: Porplyzia, Walker, Douglas
R: Tippett, Edwards, Thompson
I/c: Shirley, Vince, Maric, Dangerfield
Emerg: Reilly, Sellar, Petrenko

In: Maric, Shirley (subject to SANFL tribunal appeal)
Out: Reilly, Petrenko

http://www.afc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4417/newsid/77324/default.aspx

Update: Shirley out, Reilly reinstated
7:49 PM Thu 21 May, 2009

Shirley's appeal against a two-game SANFL suspension for rough conduct was tonight unsuccessful. Brent Reilly, who would have missed out if Shirley had been available, now returns to the 22.

Ruckman Ivan Maric has also been recalled to the 22 and first-year player Jared Petrenko is the omission.

Petrenko, Tony Armstrong and James Sellar have been listed as emergencies for Saturday’s 2.40pm clash.

The team is:

I/c: Reilly, Vince, Maric, Dangerfield
Emerg: Armstrong, Sellar, Petrenko

In: Maric. Out: Petrenko
http://www.afc.com.au/news/newsartic...4/default.aspx

Reilly dropped!! (but Shirley in pending SANFL Tribunal)

I had to be the one to post this!

Adelaide has named Robert Shirley – subject to a successful appeal against an SANFL suspension – for Saturday’s home game against Carlton.

Ruckman Ivan Maric has also been recalled to the 22, with Brent Reilly and Jared Petrenko the two omissions at this stage.

Shirley’s appeal against a two-week suspension for rough conduct will be heard at 6.30pm tonight.

Reilly, Petrenko and James Sellar have been listed as emergencies for Saturday’s 2.40pm clash.

There will be more information about Shirley’s availability on afc.com.au this evening.

The team is:

I/c: Shirley, Vince, Maric, Dangerfield
Emerg: Reilly, Sellar, Petrenko

In: Maric, Shirley (subject to SANFL tribunal appeal)
Out: Reilly, Petrenko

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/77324/default.aspx

Certainly looks like the Crows were behind the challenge on the Shirley suspension.
I'll actually be annoyed if he gets off. I'm a Shirley fan, but that was really a very dangerous tackle.

wtf!! moran at chf and tippett in the ruck????

Yeah, that's a bloody strange move.
Very happy to see Ivan back in the side, but surprised to see it happen without either Moran getting the boot or Tippett becoming a permanent full forward.
Didn't even consider this option and, quite frankly, not sure I like it. Then again, Moran has got form against Carlton. Killed them last year. Let's hope he can do it again!

Interesting to see Reilly get the boot. Apart from his goal, he really didn't do much last week I guess.

I'm not a fan of we're playing Judd, lets play Shirley.

Jee, Morna stay but Rielly goes?

Good to see Jimmy got an emergency gig.

Wowder if he'll come in if Bob doesnt get up.

Whens the decision?

Usually this is the type of thread we make when we lose, and I'm sure if we lost yesterday people would've called for his (amongst others) heads. The result probably just glossed over a couple of small issues we have, and they will be exposed in due course.

Whilst he probably wasn't our worst yesterday, it really is about time he stepped up and played to the level he should be playing at.

For a guy who is rated as one of our very best kicks, he makes far too many errors...not only with field kicking/delivery, but with his work in close. He either gets caught too easily, or coughs it up too easily.

I'm also one who is indifferent to the idea of him being traded. I know everyone will be very much on my back here saying 'Oh but he keeps the Vic kids here', well that's an added bonus...but only if he can actually perform himself! Bernie Vince really has taken over and sown Reilly exactly how to play the role he is meant to (2nd fiddle to Thommo with the inside/outside attack/defense combination really).

What are people's thoughts? Where does he stand? He spent time at Sturt last year, is this a possibility to occur again?

cycling20button20look20.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, that's a bloody strange move.
Very happy to see Ivan back in the side, but surprised to see it happen without either Moran getting the boot or Tippett becoming a permanent full forward.
Didn't even consider this option and, quite frankly, not sure I like it. Then again, Moran has got form against Carlton. Killed them last year. Let's hope he can do it again!

Interesting to see Reilly get the boot. Apart from his goal, he really didn't do much last week I guess.

Don't care, just glad to see three ruckmen named. We'll have at least one of Tippett or Moran in the forward line at all times, this is what we needed.

Reilly out for Shirley isn't the worst move, but I can't imagine that Shirley will get off. So, Maric for Petrenko is exactly what I wanted :):thumbsu:

Don't care, just glad to see three ruckmen named. We'll have at least one of Tippett or Moran in the forward line at all times, this is what we needed.

Correction: we have two ruckman, and one big English dude :p Seriously though, it's great to see three ruckmen in for the first time in the minor round this year. Hopefully this will allow Tippett to be a presence in the forward line all match without us getting smashed in the centre.

Meh, same shit different week. Selection at this club under NC is a joke, rewarding mediocrity at its best.

So after our 3rd loss on the trot the only change will be Petrenko for Maric. The odds would not be good for Shirley getting off that charge.

I just hope the appeal fails ;)

For the Crows sake, I hope his appeal is successful.

It can only be successful if the vision that the Crows have supplied shows that Shirley did not intend for his tackle to turn into a spear tackle.

If it does show that then he should get off.

If it doesn't he deserves his penalty and won't play. Simple as that.

Meh, same shit different week. Selection at this club under NC is a joke, rewarding mediocrity at its best.

So after our 3rd loss on the trot the only change will be Petrenko for Maric. The odds would not be good for Shirley getting off that charge.

You're of course familiar with the phrase shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic?

What changes would you make to win this week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Selection Round 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Back