Selection Round 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Meh, same shit different week. Selection at this club under NC is a joke, rewarding mediocrity at its best.

So after our 3rd loss on the trot the only change will be Petrenko for Maric. The odds would not be good for Shirley getting off that charge.

And you would have made what ins and outs that they haven't??

Good to see Reilly dropped, he certainly needs a spell in the SANFL, as does Petrenko. They'll be back.

Glad to see big Ivan back in the team, we need him but I will never know how Moran is still in the team :rolleyes: How many chances does he get?

Also lol at all the people talking about runs in the SANFL.

Secondly, people whine about playing Tippett as a ruckman, then whine about keeping Moran, anyone realising Griffin is injured?

Correction: we have two ruckman, and one big English dude :p Seriously though, it's great to see three ruckmen in for the first time in the minor round this year. Hopefully this will allow Tippett to be a presence in the forward line all match without us getting smashed in the centre.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Love it :D

Seriously though, without blooding McKernan or bringing in a mildly in form Sellar (didn't think either of these scenarios would eventuate), I couldn't see that Moran would lose his spot with Bock and Griffin injured. Would prefer to see Tippett forward with Moran doing the bare minimum backing up Maric in the ruck, but either way I don't care...I'm just stoked that we'll have a key forward this week other than Walker.

Thank **** Maric is back.

Not sure what the peroxide ridden candygirl is still doing in the side.

Pretty poor conduct in regards to the SANFL tribunal though. It doesn't look good from the outside IMO.

You're of course familiar with the phrase shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic?

What changes would you make to win this week?

And you would have made what ins and outs that they haven't??

i don’t know but would have sent a stronger message or even scare tactic via Brent Reilly to the senior player that there place in the team is not secure.

Not the biggest Mark Williams fan but dropping David Rodan and then Josh Carr sent a pretty important message to his core senior group of players – poor form is not tolerated.

Doughty and Reilly could have gone for Shirley and Maric or even bring cook in for that tagging role.

Moran to smash the Blues once again.

Not really that surprising line-up. Petrenko is clearly being run out of the game. Reilly just hasn't been himself for 12 or so months. Shirley obviously has a great record against Judd, but far out if he plays, its a disgrace. I don't care about intent. Maric is a gun. Moran obviously tore the Blues a new one last year, worth a punt again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moran to smash the Blues once again.

Not really that surprising line-up. Petrenko is clearly being run out of the game. Reilly just hasn't been himself for 12 or so months. Shirley obviously has a great record against Judd, but far out if he plays, its a disgrace. I don't care about intent. Maric is a gun. Moran obviously tore the Blues a new one last year, worth a punt again.

:thumbsu:

Is it horrible that I just pumped my fist in the air that Sellar is named as an Emergency? haha.

So sad, but I really hope he gets another go with you guys!

Best of luck on the weekend.

I find it quite surprising that posts relating to Moran are so vitriolic and generally personal.

He earnt his spot playing excellent footy with WAFC, and from all accounts went back there with a very good attitude. He has had 2 games back at AFL level, a good first half againt the Dogs but ran out of puff. I for one thought he was ok last week and certainly not our worst player by any stretch.

I hope he sticks it up all of you on Saturday.

I find it quite surprising that posts relating to Moran are so vitriolic and generally personal.

He earnt his spot playing excellent footy with WAFC, and from all accounts went back there with a very good attitude. He has had 2 games back at AFL level, a good first half againt the Dogs but ran out of puff. I for one thought he was ok last week and certainly not our worst player by any stretch.

I hope he sticks it up all of you on Saturday.

It's called bigfooty groupthink or Gramsian logic. If enough people assert it it becomes conventional wisdom, challenging the conventional wisdom becomes too dangerous and hence people fall into line.

It's what we get for having a mathematician phd mod rather than a politics phd mod;)

You're basically saying "he tries hard so give him a go" sorry but that's probably exactly what's wrong with the AFC. Moran is an average player and for far too long the AFC has been embracing mediocrity when it comes to some of our players. I see no way Moran can turn his career around and become an important player for us. Oh and one good half (I'd debate that actually) against the Dogs and he should be given another go? What about the other 6 quarters he's played?

And FYI I'd love it if he stuck it up me and played a ripper of a game on the weekend. I have nothing against him personally but from what I've seen he's an average player at best and there's no room for him on our list. But by all means I hope he proves me wrong.

Re: Reilly dropped!! (but Shirley in pending SANFL Tribunal)

ok guys....... i can't name my source... but i saw jimmy sellar on rundle street today, i got excited and looked at him a lot so i think he knew i was a Big Footy poster, or was just wondering why a 25 year old male was excited by him, so i think that's why he's pushing for selection................

can anyone confirm??

It's called bigfooty groupthink or Gramsian logic. If enough people assert it it becomes conventional wisdom, challenging the conventional wisdom becomes too dangerous and hence people fall into line.

It's what we get for having a mathematician phd mod rather than a politics phd mod;)

that theroy has been in place since I started on Bigfooty and there is a long history of it.

Saying that in normal society it occurs as well. Just think a few years ago people thought Bucks was a w***er.... now he is well spoken intellect of the game :eek:

Re: Reilly dropped!! (but Shirley in pending SANFL Tribunal)

ok guys....... i can't name my source... but i saw jimmy sellar on rundle street today, i got excited and looked at him a lot so i think he knew i was a Big Footy poster, or was just wondering why a 25 year old male was excited by him, so i think that's why he's pushing for selection................

can anyone confirm??

wait..what:confused:

he is pushing for selection because a stalker got excited seeing him :D

that theroy has been in place since I started on Bigfooty and there is a long history of it.

Saying that in normal society it occurs as well. Just think a few years ago people thought Bucks was a w***er.... now he is well spoken intellect of the game :eek:

Considering your user name you may not like it. It was developed as an explanation for Marxisms failure to eventuate;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Selection Round 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Back