List Mgmt. Selections 30 + 47

Remove this Banner Ad

He's a mad hawks supporter.......I think in this day and age, with so much $ involved, it's not inconceivable that clubs are happy for a player to go to whatever club in the knowledge that they can get them down the track if they really want them.

Sure to be tested with Dribbles Swallow at the end of next season.

Haven't got stuck into this thread.

Firstly from a Knights perspective for something different, spending a bit of time down there again this season;

Conlon - Bit of interest in him recently. Last season he was the eye opener of the group. Surprised a few, and started to come on at a rapid rate but injuries have curtailed him. Quite similar to Bontempelli really. I'd consider him at 47. I've got a feeling however, he'll slip through to the Rookie draft.

Bontempelli and Lennon - Both will clearly be gone before 30... Anyway, Bonts is a top prospect. I stated during the year, in the Duke thread, that he is the bolter with huge scope for improvement and a large ceiling. Lennon has been my favourite to watch. Good prospect and a good kid. His kicking is a little overstated imo, but his versatility and all-round ability is his greatest appeal. Richmond should be all over him.

Others;

Haynes - Hear me out. He has seemingly dropped off the discussion radar, and I'm not sure why. Others down at the club, such as Turner, Tardio, Hunt and Conlon have been spoken about more, which is a little perplexing (Conlon aside). Matty was highly touted last year as a possible 2nd to 4th rounder, but clubs overlooked him and he played as an overage this year. He had a great champs in 2012 and he really went about fixing some of the deficiencies in his game. I spoke with him early this year and he said he was shown interest by a few clubs prior to last year's draft and included North as one of them. I hope he is still on our radar as a rookie prospect. Not exactly the type we're crying out for, (comparable to Atley in a game sense), but has strong attributes, as evidenced by his repeat sprints at last years Combine and he is a bit of a sponge who is dedicated and willing to work. Deserves a shot.

Lambert - Shoutout to a good mate who has plugged away for a few years at the Blues. Hasn't given up on his AFL dream. Can consider himself unlucky to not have won the Liston Medal as well. Has his limitations, but in consideration for a Rookie spot somewhere.

Pick 30/47.

I've been on record as saying that JKH would be my pick @ #30. The obvious concern is his height, but he's clean, knows his way through traffic, courageous for his size, and most of all, has a good head on his shoulders. Looks to be a mix between Krakouer/Stokes.

I have developed a soft spot for Merrett and Cripps recently. Particularly Cripps. Looking at our list overall, I think he would be a point of difference and a nice addition. Statistically good at Colts level and had a solid champs. Hopefully slides from his projected 20-25 status and providing none of Crouch or Dunstan are available, Cripps would be my choice. Plenty to work with and plenty to work on. Developed properly, he could be a serious footbeller imo.

Pick 30 - Cripps, Kennedy-Harris, Merrett, Marsh.

Pick 47 - Fort, Giles.
Haynes would be a good rookie pick.

Wanted to draft him last year. Can run all day at very good speed and is a tall winger.

Any opinions on Zac Webster? Can Pykie give us some details? I believe he had his third interview with North on Saturday.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-06-01/tough-tasmanians-growing-stature

His not a bad player but he won't offer us anything in terms of Xfactor imo, his a hard nut midfielder with good disposal, can mark above his head, if i remember correctly he was Captain this season for Tasmania so he must have good leadership quality's. i just think he will become a tagger at AFL level and probably a very good one. Would love Pykie's take on him as well, cause i might be way off the mark.

His not a bad player but he won't offer us anything in terms of Xfactor imo, his a hard nut midfielder with good disposal, can mark above his head, if i remember correctly he was Captain this season for Tasmania so he must have good leadership quality's. i just think he will become a tagger at AFL level and probably a very good one. Would love Pykie's take on him as well, cause i might be way off the mark.
Seems like the kind of a player we target , tough,fearless,and a leader...could do worse.

Does anyone know what time the draft is on? I'm stuck working on Thursday and hoped it wasn't the same time as my lifeguard shift.

Some of the criticism leveled at Luke is almost criminal.

Genuinely pissed my pants reading the absolute dross that Quigley posted.

Quigley and Knightmare induce dack jizzing posts from so many but I really don't see what is so special about them. Get it routinely wrong and are just hideously overwritten.

Don't underestimate the hate for NMFC when reading McDonald profiles. There is a fair bit out there. Jealousy is a powerful emotion.
Luke's whole seaso was about getting him up to speed for senior footy, rd 1 2014. Any sane person who watched him play in thd VFL finals would rate him in the top 2-3 juniors in the country.

The fact that Adam Simpson, who would have the good juice, was willing to part with pick 6 at least says something. That GC (who instead took Jack Martin that QuigMare's of the world rub off to) were trying to get him into the mini draft says something. That Em Quayle is obvously in love with him says something. That he blitzed a finals series against men says something.

Should be acknowledged that Aish was tagged a bit this year.

Luke copped a bit of attention himself. I watched one Werribee game where the opposition (might have been Port?) were paranoid about preventing him getting the ball on half back and setting up. You could hear them going "Luke, Luke, Luke" at every stoppage and so on and really working hard to deny him any chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You see, he sets a pretty high bar.

And how many kids stood up against men in VFL finals and more than held their own inside and outside?

The last final I watched had about 20 blokes with AFL experience. Luke looked fine and was restricted to mainly inside work due to the nature of the game.

His skills looked a class above and if anything he looked like he would benefit from playing an outside role in the higher AFL grade where the skills and structure maintain chains of possession.

Only critical thing I could find was he tended to bomb into the forward line. Then again the forward structure looked pretty average and he may have been into do it all myself mode.

Quigley and Knightmare induce dack jizzing posts from so many but I really don't see what is so special about them. Get it routinely wrong and are just hideously overwritten.

Because they write a lot of words. I don't mind Knightmare, whereas Quigley has a thing about Victorians. I'm sure he has a 165cm player from Tasmania in his top three.

Would much prefer a sentence per player from someone who gets it right, as difficult as that may be.

Because they write a lot of words. I don't mind Knightmare, whereas Quigley has a thing about Victorians. I'm sure he has a 165cm player from Tasmania in his top three.

Would much prefer a sentence per player from someone who gets it right, as difficult as that may be.

Knightmare is a flog.

Callum Twomey:North Melbourne has Luke McDonald locked in at pick 8, and might consider Jarman Impey if he's there at pick 30 (unlikely he is though). A key defender might be on the cards at 47 if they don't grab one at 30. Cameron Giles is a chance.

Quality stuff.

We are getting Duke and might consider Impey unlikely to be there.

The AFL pays someone to say these things?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Selections 30 + 47

Remove this Banner Ad

Back