List Mgmt. Selections 30 + 47

Remove this Banner Ad

what does everyone think about Ben Cavarra, Eastern Ranges captain, wasnt invited to the draft combine for some reason, his now won 2 eastern Best and fairest (only other 2 players to do that are Sam Mitchell and Rory Sloane), Morrish Medal, Vic Metro rep, tac medal and premiership medal as a captain

He could be one that could slip through to our pick 47 and would be a very handy pick up.

He'll still be around in the rookie draft

From a person trying to predict the draft. Has us getting Mitch Honeychurch at pick #83. Not sure what our last pick is but if we did pick him up I'd be quite happy.

Supercoach Paige has released her phantom draft. For us, she has:

8: Luke McDonald
30: Alex Spina
47: Darcy Lang
65: Tom Langdon

Other points of interest, Garlett to Hawthorn at 38, Thorp to Carlton at 39, Cain to Melbourne at pick 40 and Kennedy-Harris to Sydney with 32.

IMO Kennedy-Harris >>> Spina,

4gre7.jpg

I'd love for us to use a late pick on Brady Gray from Burnie. Massive upside. While we're at it also love for his team mate Eli Templeton to slip through to 47. Be stoked to get him as well.

You've made those sort of empty promises before.

There not empty promises. I said I'd run a 3km time trial if we get Tom Bugg in the trade period, we didn't get him so I didn't have to run.

btw have you ever seen a USB stick run before, its very interesting. My stupid USB gut gets in the way all the time, it's because too much USB beer and USB food. Wow I just realized this offseason is going to be very annoying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There not empty promises. I said I'd run a 3km time trial if we get Tom Bugg in the trade period, we didn't get him so I didn't have to run.

btw have you ever seen a USB stick run before, its very interesting. My stupid USB gut gets in the way all the time, it's because too much USB beer and USB food. Wow I just realized this offseason is going to be very annoying.

If I remember correctly the 3km. quickly got downgraded to 1km.

Your Pre-Season starts...

Now.

So put that USB stubby and that USB kebab down, please.

30: James Tsitas - could slip to pick 30 . Running machine , good speed , good ball use ... Could very well be this years Dan Hanneberry.

47: Ben Brown - very athletic , good mark & very good set shot at goal also can play ruck if required .

65: Ben Ross - clever , quick wingman who kicks goals . He's injury free & more mature this time around .

Ben Brown won't make it at AFL level.

Clubs need to give up on looking for key forwards at state level, it's a waste land of delistees.

The only one to make it is Jpod, and he was absolutely dominant for a number of years at VFL level, was previously on an AFL list too, and went to a very strong side where he could flourish as a second forward.

They all beat up on undersized defenders in the state leagues and get destroyed by half decent defenders at AFL level.

State defenders on the other hand are a gold mine, and will remain to be.

It's funny we haven't developed a year old 18 key backman from the draft for a LONG time, that's become an established player.

Thompson - Geelong VFL mature age
Grima - Centrals SANFL mature age
Firrito - Box Hill mature age
Gibson - Port Melbourne mature age
Colbert - Traded in
McCartney - Traded in

When you add the likes of Taylor, Morris etc to the list of success stories, I think you will find we might dip back into that pool again this year.

Yeah we really need to address this key backman issue a-saap. A good mix of mobility, strength and skill is needed. Probably what Delaney lacked, although, I thought Kennedy had

I'd have a guess and say we're probably after a more experienced player than a draftee to cover our key backs.. a delisted free agent even

If I remember correctly the 3km. quickly got downgraded to 1km.

Your Pre-Season starts...

Now.

So put that USB stubby and that USB kebab down, please.

If you really do have the brain of a 15 yo boy then why are you posting on Bigfooty and not surfing the net for stuff that a 15yo boy would?

In regards to the chatter about Joel Tippett.

What I will say, he's a little overrated, he's always been a brilliant athlete, and I guess he would give us that flexibility of playing on the likes of Franklin etc, but he's a liability with ball in hand and he doesn't have his brothers build, he's not as ready made as what people think, needs plenty of weights.

On the other hand, there's a bloke at VFL level with an eerily similar career path to our very own superstar defender, that I think alot of clubs are red hot for, 1 being us.

Matt Sully was an absolute gun local footballer in and around Warnambool and almost got drafted straight out of the local leagues as an 18 year old defender (very rare), he's an excellent size at 195/91kg's and just keeps getting better and better. Was named in the VFL team of the year this year, with the Cats VFL side.

Not the most attacking defender, but we have probably the most attacking defender in the league.

I'd be happy if we picked up both tbh, Sully with our last pick in the draft and Tippett as a rookie.

If you do so really REALLY fast we may even pick YOU up in the rookie draft 5GB.

I really liked what I saw of Honeychurch.

if I did get drafted, I think I'd be the super sub that we've been crying out for, only problem is when the team activate's me I've got a 2min period to play well before I become a liability.

Ben Brown won't make it at AFL level.

Clubs need to give up on looking for key forwards at state level, it's a waste land of delistees.

The only one to make it is Jpod, and he was absolutely dominant for a number of years at VFL level, was previously on an AFL list too, and went to a very strong side where he could flourish as a second forward.

They all beat up on undersized defenders in the state leagues and get destroyed by half decent defenders at AFL level.

State defenders on the other hand are a gold mine, and will remain to be.

It's funny we haven't developed a year old 18 key backman from the draft for a LONG time, that's become an established player.

Thompson - Geelong VFL mature age
Grima - Centrals SANFL mature age
Firrito - Box Hill mature age
Gibson - Port Melbourne mature age
Colbert - Traded in
McCartney - Traded in

When you add the likes of Taylor, Morris etc to the list of success stories, I think you will find we might dip back into that pool again this year.

What do you think of Cam Delaney's prospects Pykie? Is he a key position player?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Selections 30 + 47

Remove this Banner Ad

Back